More city hall hide and seek

Posted in the North Atlanta Forum

Jim

Snellville, GA

#1 May 23, 2012
News from the Monday, 5/22/12 council meeting: It was brought into the light that our mayor and director of development knew about the Georgia Palace applying for a conditional use permit 10 days before the council and public found out about it. What is even more disturbing about this fact is that the public found about the CUP application completely by accident! The glaring question that comes to mind is, did the mayor and disco Joe ever intend for this information to be known? The council found out from residents! If you don't believe it, watch the DVD. The minutes of the meeting will be available online in a few weeks, it's on the record. It's nothing but the facts folks. I for one believe that we were being sold quietly down the river but we caught them. Be alert, there is no telling how many more dirty deeds are happening right now. Time to wake up and face the facts, or keep believing the bullshit that is shoveled on a daily basis.
Smith

Snellville, GA

#2 May 24, 2012
Jim I think you know that most people prefer to keep believing the bullshit, it's easier that way. This comes as no surprise to me. My guess is they were trying to slide it in in the name of revenue and once it was open they could whine and say nothing can be done about it now. I think that was the plan all along. I heard from people that attended the planning commission meeting that disco joe seemed to be siding with the Palace. I'm also seeing some construction going on at the former "Amigo Nightclub" and city hall is denying that anyone has applied to open a business there.
Spud

Snellville, GA

#3 May 24, 2012
Jim wrote:
News from the Monday, 5/22/12 council meeting: It was brought into the light that our mayor and director of development knew about the Georgia Palace applying for a conditional use permit 10 days before the council and public found out about it. What is even more disturbing about this fact is that the public found about the CUP application completely by accident! The glaring question that comes to mind is, did the mayor and disco Joe ever intend for this information to be known? The council found out from residents! If you don't believe it, watch the DVD. The minutes of the meeting will be available online in a few weeks, it's on the record. It's nothing but the facts folks. I for one believe that we were being sold quietly down the river but we caught them. Be alert, there is no telling how many more dirty deeds are happening right now. Time to wake up and face the facts, or keep believing the bullshit that is shoveled on a daily basis.
Come on now, we all know Donna was probably just so busy working on that budget that it slipped her mind.
Bobby

Snellville, GA

#4 May 24, 2012
Sounds like we all need to start paying attention to everything that is going on in our "business district". Donna will stop at nothing to make sure that 70K salary is covered.
Jim

Snellville, GA

#5 May 24, 2012
Sounds more like we should have started paying attention a long time ago.
Smith

Snellville, GA

#6 May 24, 2012
It is all about the revenue. They were almost salivating over that 50K the cell tower by the pool would have brought in.
Jack

Lawrenceville, GA

#7 May 24, 2012
Jim wrote:
Might want to look around pretty soon, there is some shady stuff going on all along Buford Highway that no one seems to be talking about.
Cathy

Riverdale, GA

#8 May 24, 2012
To the fools working with Fat Gurl, Log Cabin, and the former poll dancer revived attorney. These people never change, they got us into this trouble. Do you forget? A leopard doesn't change his spots. Don't coopt these people, vote them gone!
Jack

Lawrenceville, GA

#9 May 24, 2012
Cathy wrote:
To the fools working with Fat Gurl, Log Cabin, and the former poll dancer revived attorney. These people never change, they got us into this trouble. Do you forget? A leopard doesn't change his spots. Don't coopt these people, vote them gone!
No need to get personal. And being that the next election is fall of 2013, how do suppose we "vote them gone" at this point? To be blunt, with the exception of Robert and Trudy, we mostly voted for the lesser of the evils last time anyway. I shudder to think where we would be if certain people had gotten on council. We don't need anymore Halpern suck ups, which we would have gotten big time if the outcome had been different.
Smith

Lawrenceville, GA

#10 May 24, 2012
Cathy wrote:
What fools do you work with Cathy? You still have your Donna and your Pam. Of course with Donna being so busy these days with the budget and all and Pam's lips having to be surgically removed from Halpern's ass once a week I guess you're feeling neglected.
Bobby

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 May 24, 2012
Cathy wrote:
Why is there not a "F*** off ignorant slut" choice on the "judge it" list?
BillyBob

United States

#12 May 24, 2012
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is there not a "F*** off ignorant slut" choice on the "judge it" list?
Cause your wife wasn't available.
Bobby

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 May 24, 2012
BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause your wife wasn't available.
You're outnumbered BillyBob.
Marky Mark

Lawrenceville, GA

#14 May 24, 2012
Cathy wrote:
Did you vote for Sharon or Ginny? Who's da fool?
sickofit

Atlanta, GA

#15 Aug 31, 2012
Jim wrote:
I saw it. I saw it for myself. Sick of it.
huh

Atlanta, GA

#16 Oct 3, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw it. I saw it for myself. Sick of it.
That's what I'm talking about. Trying to tell ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Atlanta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fired Cop Details Sexcapades Dec 24 abbie 7
Review: Calm Flow Property Solutions Inc. Dec 23 AdaBurch 1
Joe cooley Dec 21 hugh 1
i hate hicks listening to country music (Jan '12) Dec 18 Mike 4
Doraville and Ticket Fixing (Jun '11) Dec 14 Doral neighborhood 50
Cobb County Police Pay Woman $100K For 1st Amen... Dec 14 Charles 2
TIME to fire Luke Howe Dec 13 hugh 2
North Atlanta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web