Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Comments (Page 1,454)

Showing posts 29,061 - 29,080 of42,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

When my house is on fire I yell; “My house is on fire!”

But when the ENTIRE planet is on fire the scientists yell; “Our planet is on fire most likely, probably and fire is real and happening!”
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

Northie wrote:
Mothra,
I see. A "warmist" is simply a shifting caricature you create to justify cowering from your responsibilities.
Given that ALL of the world's leading scientific academies and societies with any bearing on Earth sciences are in agreement, does that make all of their fellows "warmists"? What about us laypeople, the majority of whom worldwide accept those scientific warnings? Are we ALL warmists?
Or are warmists only the hippies in your head, with Birkenstocks and beads?
MY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO ASK YOU HOW YOU CAME TO BE BAMBOOZLED BY MINN HOO TOLT YEW THAY HAD DISCOVERT SUM

M.A.G.I.C.A.L. T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.S.

but it's OKAY CAWS THAY INVINTID SUM
M.A.G.I.C.A.L. NEW BRAYuNCH uV
M.A.T.H.A.M.A.T.I.C.S,

*L*I*B*T*A*R*D*

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

U.N. Climate Organization Wants Immunities Against Charges of Conflict of Interest, Exceeding Mandate, Among Others

The organization responsible for managing a global cap-and-trade system worth billions of dollars for carbon emissions projects around the world is trying to get sweeping legal immunities for its actions, even as it plans to expand its activities dramatically in the wake of the United Nations’ Rio + 20 summit on sustainable development, which starts June 20.

The CDM’s record so far, however, at doing the job it is supposed to do is is deeply unimpressive to many. A study by consultants for the European Commission last December critiqued the mechanism for “lack of transparency,”“inconsistency of decisions,”“conflicts of interest,” and extensive support for “unsustainable technology for emissions reduction.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/12/un-cl...

Nah, this isn't about politics or money. It's about saving the world. YEAH, RIGHT!
Gand

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Judged:

This post is silly

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

kristy wrote:
Of course....it's Joanne Nova's fault that the Australian hockey stick paper that went through "peer review" is now scrapped.
Nauseous Norfie wants to believe he's right, can you blame a loser like him?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Nauseous wrote:
Define "warmist".
Define "climate denier?"
-
FYI, the end quotation mark is placed after the full stop, which should have been a question mark.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

fishaholic wrote:
U.N. Climate Organization Wants Immunities Against Charges of Conflict of Interest, Exceeding Mandate, Among Others
The organization responsible for managing a global cap-and-trade system worth billions of dollars for carbon emissions projects around the world is trying to get sweeping legal immunities for its actions, even as it plans to expand its activities dramatically in the wake of the United Nations’ Rio + 20 summit on sustainable development, which starts June 20.
The CDM’s record so far, however, at doing the job it is supposed to do is is deeply unimpressive to many. A study by consultants for the European Commission last December critiqued the mechanism for “lack of transparency,”“inconsistency of decisions,”“conflicts of interest,” and extensive support for “unsustainable technology for emissions reduction.”
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/12/un-cl...
Nah, this isn't about politics or money. It's about saving the world. YEAH, RIGHT!
What a suprise, an U.N. agency that cannot manage something involving money. Has there ever been an U.N. agency that has not made a total hash of it. The may as well have Exxon handle it.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that warrants a big 'DUH'!
Listen your pretentious moron, I didn't say it was the only motivation.
I asked, and have been asking every warmist claiming that skeptics are motivated by money to demonstrate that their "scientists" are somehow above reproach.
They are because you say they are.
Have a seat next to the other dimbulbs.
I have not said that every climate science skeptic is motivated by money. Some are trying to bolster their reputation by showing that the majority of climate scientists are wrong. If they can do that they will gain recognition as being above the crowd. However, none have been able to do so so far. It is you who is trying to turn things around. Too bad that you do not understand how science works.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not said that every climate science skeptic is motivated by money. Some are trying to bolster their reputation by showing that the majority of climate scientists are wrong. If they can do that they will gain recognition as being above the crowd. However, none have been able to do so so far. It is you who is trying to turn things around. Too bad that you do not understand how science works.

I think that their motivation is more to get attention, and secondarily to gain a reputation as 'tobacco scientists' so industry will employ them as part of the 'smokescreen'.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
In your world climate science is settled. Skeptics only "deny" the science to bolster their reputation or are motivated by money. In your world human nature only works on skeptic scientists. In your world AGW scientists have no desire to bolster their reputations and they are above reproach when it comes to motivation for money. Never mind that AGW scientists are applauded and loved by the media and celebrities. Never mind that they win Nobel prizes and are given high ranking status at universities and boatloads of funding. What do the skeptic scientists get....they get smeared personally and professionally. They do not get high ranking status at universities. They do not get awards. There is nothing in it for the skeptic scientists. Makes no sense for them personally and professionally to "deny" the science unless they see that the science is really not settled.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that their motivation is more to get attention, and secondarily to gain a reputation as 'tobacco scientists' so industry will employ them as part of the 'smokescreen'.
Seriously? Wouldn't it just be easier for "deniers" to say they were wrong and that AGW science is settled. They would immediately be praised and trotted out for all the world to see. Instead, according to you, they "deny" science and get smeared personally and professionally just so they can get a job in "industry."
kal

West Richland, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
What a suprise, an U.N. agency that cannot manage something involving money. Has there ever been an U.N. agency that has not made a total hash of it. The may as well have Exxon handle it.
oh but 'tina', just days before the 'save the world beach party' in sunny rio, there is more good news from the un.

http://www.cfact.tv/2012/06/12/the-future-we-...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
In your world climate science is settled. Skeptics only "deny" the science to bolster their reputation or are motivated by money. In your world human nature only works on skeptic scientists. In your world AGW scientists have no desire to bolster their reputations and they are above reproach when it comes to motivation for money. Never mind that AGW scientists are applauded and loved by the media and celebrities. Never mind that they win Nobel prizes and are given high ranking status at universities and boatloads of funding. What do the skeptic scientists get....they get smeared personally and professionally. They do not get high ranking status at universities. They do not get awards. There is nothing in it for the skeptic scientists. Makes no sense for them personally and professionally to "deny" the science unless they see that the science is really not settled.
If their work would stand up, they would become famous. That is what it is all about. If they are wrong, most folks forget and they move on to something else, unless they go beyond bounds.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
If their work would stand up, they would become famous. That is what it is all about. If they are wrong, most folks forget and they move on to something else, unless they go beyond bounds.
The AGW science doesn't stand up, it gets propped up. When the IPCC gets caught with non peer reviewed papers or as in the example of the Himalayan glacier paper, everyone just moves on. Nothing happens. Nobody resigns, just excuses. The Australian hockey stick was a flawed paper and went through a flawed peer review process, but I have yet to see the editor resign for letting this paper through.

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Have you remaining believers even investigated “consensus” because nothing besides a comet hit could be worse than a climate crisis. Nothing! You are obligated to define; “crisis” and “consensus” seeing as climate crisis would be the ultimate disaster. It would virtually be the end of life for Humanity. Deny that. No, you cannot have a tiny little catastrophic crisis. Try a Harry Potter movie.
The only consensus they have is that it is real and happening. Check it out for yourselves. Show some effort at least. This is life and death.
Crisis: Every scientist and organization has their unique conclusions to CO2’s effects so there can’t possibly be consensus of anything let alone a comet hit of an emergency. A crisis that isn’t a crisis, isn’t a crisis. And anytime the scientists do mention a crisis, it is always, ALWAYS qualified with the free pass of “potentially” and “possibly” etc. There is no evidence anywhere that there is CONSENSUS of a “crisis” and again, NOTHING could be worse than a climate crisis. REAL planet lovers want to be sure before they condemn their own kids. And speaking of billions of condemned children, did the millions in the global scientific community condemn their kids as well to a CO2 death? I want the scientists to state clearly THE PLANET IS BURNING. If my house is on fire I don’t call 911 and say “My house is on fire, sort of.”
Deny that!
Space Blues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
The AGW science doesn't stand up, it gets propped up. When the IPCC gets caught with non peer reviewed papers or as in the example of the Himalayan glacier paper, everyone just moves on. Nothing happens. Nobody resigns, just excuses. The Australian hockey stick was a flawed paper and went through a flawed peer review process, but I have yet to see the editor resign for letting this paper through.
What! You are still fantasizing about AGW!

What you don't understand is that the AGW fundamentals are the science. The scientists publish in the science journals according to rules their findings. This goes on and on. At this point, they ARE documenting the climate change caused by AGW.

Read this for something new for you:

Human-induced global ocean warming on multidecadal timescales

http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/vaop/n...

Where have you been hiding all these years in denial-land? Start paying attention.
Northie

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
In your world climate science is settled. Skeptics only "deny" the science to bolster their reputation or are motivated by money.
Yep, in his world, my world, your world: the one and only world we have, and the one we all share.

On the basic fact that we are responsible for dangerously warming the climate, all major national scientific academies and all relevant scientific societies are agreed. The ONLY significant opposition is from the oil and coal industry and their allies in coal-fired utilities, auto manufacturing, suburban real estate development and the like. The recent exposure of the Koch-fueled network of scientific whores receiving energy industry money by way of front groups like the corrupt Heartland Institute is merely the latest in a decades-long line of energy industry deception.

Them's the facts. Next?
freaking-crazy

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Lets all eat some beans & give the greenies some Glass.

Hahahahh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I think
You're boasting again, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Nauseous wrote:
Yep, in his world, my world, your world: the one and only world we have, and the one we all share.
On the basic fact that we are responsible for dangerously warming the climate, all major national scientific academies and all relevant scientific societies are agreed. The ONLY significant opposition is from the oil and coal industry and their allies in coal-fired utilities, auto manufacturing, suburban real estate development and the like. The recent exposure of the Koch-fueled network of scientific whores receiving energy industry money by way of front groups like the corrupt Heartland Institute is merely the latest in a decades-long line of energy industry deception.
Them's the facts. Next?
You're almost as good as LessFact at writing bullcrap, but your bullcrap has a different odour.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,061 - 29,080 of42,951
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Norfolk Forum right now

Search the Norfolk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,033,099
Five People Shot In Gilpin Court - wtvr (Jul '10) 11 hr ank 236
Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) 19 hr From falling creek 35
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 23 hr abe 1,349
Watch out for elephants in the road tonight Apr 15 Tina C 1
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr 14 Jim 1,434
Motorist shot during traffic stop dies in hospi... (Sep '07) Apr 8 Larry 18
•••
•••
•••
Norfolk Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Norfolk Jobs