2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant

Dec 9, 2010 Full story: KGUN 3,940

Police say an explosion rocked a small chemical plant in West Virginia's northern panhandle, killing two workers and injuring two others.

Full Story
First Prev
of 197
Next Last
concerned

New Cumberland, WV

#1 Dec 9, 2010
This is terrible. Some reports say three people were killed and others say two. Does anyone know what really happened?
Unclechad

United States

#2 Dec 9, 2010
Nope, but just went past it yesterday.
sad

United States

#3 Dec 9, 2010
This is so so sad!
Santa

Branchland, WV

#4 Dec 9, 2010
we need to pray for the family's .. please take 5 mins out of your day and do so
Jim

United States

#5 Dec 9, 2010
Where did this happen?

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#6 Dec 9, 2010
2 brothers killed in blast at W.Va. chemical plant

NEW CUMBERLAND, W.Va.(AP)- Two brothers who lived within walking distance of the small chemical plant where they worked were killed Thursday in an explosion there. Two others were injured.

The blast happened around 1:30 p.m. at the AL Solutions Inc. plant in New Cumberland, a small town in West Virginia's northern Panhandle about 33 miles west of Pittsburgh. It was the third fatal explosion at the plant in the last 15 years.

http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp...
moby

Gilbert, WV

#7 Dec 9, 2010
Click on full story at the top.The two killed were brothers. This is really sad.
Santa

Branchland, WV

#8 Dec 9, 2010
I'm so sorry for the family's and kids ,so close to Christmas .. please pray for all. In God we truth
bobby salyers

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#9 Dec 10, 2010
yes santa that would be so diffcult for the familys xmass will never be the same for them stiring up memories of the loss.it is sad.

“It's not a State of Mind.”

Since: Jun 10

Silent Hill, West Virginia

#10 Dec 10, 2010
My condolences to the friends and family of these two men. I truly am sorry for your loss.
WTF

Martinsburg, WV

#11 Dec 10, 2010
The news artical said this is third fatal explosion in the last 15 yrs. I hope indictments are brought against the owner/owners this was not an act of god this was murder
Jim

United States

#12 Dec 10, 2010
thats a shame. i hate to hear this.
May

Princeton, WV

#13 Dec 10, 2010
I am sorry for the familys loss. It is hard losing a loved one, but charish the family you have.
believes in JESUS

United States

#14 Dec 10, 2010
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the LORD.
II CORINTHIANS 5:8
MyPrayers are with the families of those that are now with the LORD, they will be missed but have comfort knowin we will see them again one day!
WTF

Martinsburg, WV

#15 Dec 10, 2010
I pray after the family is done praying that they filed a wrongful death suit against the owners so this tragedy never happens again. Also, were was OSHA its pathetic.
Will

Syracuse, OH

#16 Dec 10, 2010
This is really sad! Prayers everyone!
SWF

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Dec 10, 2010
I hate to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go out to the familys.
lawyer in luv

Laguna Niguel, CA

#18 Dec 10, 2010
somebody needs sued!
MrsGreen

Princeton, WV

#19 Dec 10, 2010
My condolences are offered to the family. I will have them in my thoughts.
coal miner

Sarah Ann, WV

#20 Dec 10, 2010
sad for the families of them, may god comfort them in these sad and painful times..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 197
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nitro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 20 min Nikki1999 58,874
Barber Shop 7 hr Cat Daddy 11
Should Nitro football forfeit the rest of season? 22 hr XFAN 9
Nitro footballs 1st game is 43 days away 22 hr Belly up 17
Missy Rucker- Missy's puppies Mon Leanne 17
Nitro Rio Grande (May '11) Sun Belly up 108
Nitro High School (Jun '12) Sun gah 20

Nitro Jobs

Nitro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nitro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nitro

Personal Finance