someone

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Does anyone know how to find out who is writing on a thread. Someone is saying some very offensive things about my family and i would like to find out who it is.
How it goes

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

idk but all i can say is don't get mad bc people say shit all the time on here... They talk about me like shit... And if i was u i wouldn't even worry about it... So yeah...
someone

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

im not worried about it because honestly their opinion dont matter to me. They was just saying some hardcore stuff and wanted to kno who to watch out for. I thought i seen on here once where u could pay topix and find out the ip address it was coming from.
Truth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Iknow for a fact that you can talk with people at topix and they will help you and the person that is saying bad things about your family will be notified by topix and then if it doesnt stop they will be banned or you can file a complaint with the county attorney.
someone

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

how can i file a complaint if i dont kno who it is?
Truth

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Topix will give you their isp address idont know if you have to pay topix or not Good LUCK.
tough luck

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

The IP address won't necessarily do you any good. If they are posting from a public library or a restaurant like Panera that has Wi-Fi, then all you will get is the locations IP address. And unless they are posting something illegal like threats, the county attorney won't get involved. Slander/Libel are civil torts and would require you to get your own attorney to pursue a remedy.
someone

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

ok thanks all
i know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

that if you contact them and talk to them. they look at what has been said. if they think its just cause, they will give you the IP address, from there its up to you what you choose to do. depending on what has been done. yes they county atttorny will back up ceratin things. BUT A PRIVATE ATTORNY IS A DIFFERNT STORY.
i know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

also ive learned that people will start on YOU just to keep the eyes off them. people on here think you are so stupid. they just dont relize that some people are smart when it comes to IP addresses. good luck this TOPIX is a mess.
letusallknow

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

someone wrote:
Does anyone know how to find out who is writing on a thread. Someone is saying some very offensive things about my family and i would like to find out who it is.
We all have freedom of speech and opinions and thats what topix is. So if you can do something about it ,please let us all know so we can to!
letusallknow

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

someone wrote:
im not worried about it because honestly their opinion dont matter to me. They was just saying some hardcore stuff and wanted to kno who to watch out for. I thought i seen on here once where u could pay topix and find out the ip address it was coming from.
Sounds like they are money grabbers letting people talk trash on here about others then trying to find the trash talkers when that it all that is keeping this thing going down here and they know it.I think this topix trash line itself should be illegal if freedom of speech and opinions of people are illegal.Money, Money thats what everyone is looking for.
donny

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

someone wrote:
if their opinion does not matter to you why are you worried about finding someone,,,I say get a JOB
I know

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Listen what you do is report abuse by clicking on tab beside judge it...etc. They will ask for whole address of discussion and the # of post you find abusive. If you state it is slander and minors are involved you greatley appreciate it being removed, it will be. It will cost you nothing I have done it before and topix doesn't want to be held liable for sladerous statements. promise you can have it removed!! Don't get discouraged!!
i know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

just depends on what was said and how much you find it offense.
if it was illegal.
what laws was broken.

I KNEW ONE WHO HAD HER DAUHGTERS REMOVED BY TOPIX WITHIN HOURS DUE TO 3 FEDERAL OFFENCES BEING BROKEN.THEN POSTED THINKING IT WAS A JOKE TOWARDS A 14 YEAR OLD FEMALE.
gingy

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

yep
Nahhh

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2009

you can have a topics removed but finding who did it is impossible, it is freedom of speech on this site. As far as isp addresses, doesn't matter because those can be from where they person works.
flinny8989

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

someone wrote:
type in google find sum1s ip addy,ive found loads who tryd hacking my pc or log into my network
hummmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

someone wrote:
Are you related to some girl named Raquel? Cuz I've seen a horrible post about her. But I think it's been removed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Nicholasville Forum right now

Search the Nicholasville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Curmudgeon 146,765
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 19 min Flint hill bandit 26,206
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 26 min Flint hill bandit 16,125
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 29 min Flint hill bandit 1,024
the bank is closed 2 hr Truth 87
Judge Dixon - Holding in Contempt 3 hr larcey 20
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr poofylover 81,560
INFORMATION WANTED!!! (Mark Dunn Murder) (Mar '09) 3 hr My Name Is ----- 193
•••
•••
•••
Nicholasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Nicholasville Jobs