Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Where in Nicholasville can I go apply for Christmas assistance for my children? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and enjoy your day!
response

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Its not in Nicholasville but try contacting the Salvation Army.
Xoxo

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Mother of 2 wrote:
Where in Nicholasville can I go apply for Christmas assistance for my children? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and enjoy your day!
go get a job. I work full time and 2 part time jobs. Why can't you? No one owes you nothing!!
need a little help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

The kids school will send you something home. If your kids are not in school yet you can go through community action agency.
help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

I don't know anything about this agency, but someone is posting this one on craigslist. May be worth a try www.2hands.org . Good luck.
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Xoxo wrote:
<quoted text>go get a job. I work full time and 2 part time jobs. Why can't you? No one owes you nothing!!
So the kids should be the ones to suffer huh???
Nice

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Xoxo wrote:
<quoted text> go get a job. I work full time and 2 part time jobs. Why can't you? No one owes you nothing!!
Well I would say either you do not have any kids and you don't know what it's like and if you do have kids then my question is when do you see them? Money is not everything in the world and just because someone needs a little help doesn't mean they think anyone owes them anything. You are stuck up and apparently you were not raised properly.
Mother of 2

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Well to tell you the truth, I have several medical issues going on with me right now to where work isnt an option. My kids have never been signed up on anything assistance wise and they deserve what others can afford due to the fact that I can not give it to them this one time. My kids are honor roll students and very well mannered along with healthy and happy and if someone else that dosent have a problem with helping them out one time. Its not like I am looking for free money or taking your tax dollars for drugs because I do not do them. I am drug free! I take very good care of my kids and if I had the money at this time I would do Christmas just like they have had every other year of their lives. But thanks for your rude comments and the more good hearted comments that will help my children out this Christmas. Wishing all a wonderful holiday season- Thanks again!
USMC

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

You can also call the Marine Corps Reserve unit in Lexington located on Vo-Tech Rd. They have the Toys 4 Tots program.
Jen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Xoxo wrote:
<quoted text> go get a job. I work full time and 2 part time jobs. Why can't you? No one owes you nothing!!
You are a hateful, low minded prick! Have you ever thought that not all are mooching off the gov? This person could be in the same situation I am I. When my company decided to layoff without notice and what was left of my income had to go do shelter, utilities, and food? I am looking for a job but when I find one I am going to have to use that money to MAINTAIN shelter, housing, and food because Christmas is just a couple of months away. I hope one day your smart ass gets him with the same bad deck of cards I have been dealt. Fck you. Fck your attitude.
SANTA

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

You can contact Nicholasville PD about the shop with a cop program or contact the Nicholasville Fire Department. Both have programs for children but there are requirements to qualify. Suggest you start with one of these for assistance.
insanity

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

You can try Southland Church. Also you should take your kids and go sometime. The best gift you can give them is Jesus Christ.
Jen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

And another thing. About 6 years ago I had a neighbor whose husband up and left her 2 weeks before Christmas. When he did he cancelled their children's Christmas layaway at Wal-Mart and took the money and ran. She cried and cried and I ended up crying with her. Me being a single Mother myself, I could symphasize. I hope she doesn't see this... But she woke up on Christmas morning with tons of gifts for her and her 2 children. I gift card for $150 for groceries for Kroger. No note or card explaining where it came from. I did it. Because that is what GOOD people do. They don't say cruel and heartless things.

May I suggest this solution? I am not going to ask for assistance for my Children's Christmas. They understand my position. I am waiting until tax return to provide Christmas gifts. If your Children are old enough to understand...maybe you could do that also.
Hey

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Jen wrote:
And another thing. About 6 years ago I had a neighbor whose husband up and left her 2 weeks before Christmas. When he did he cancelled their children's Christmas layaway at Wal-Mart and took the money and ran. She cried and cried and I ended up crying with her. Me being a single Mother myself, I could symphasize. I hope she doesn't see this... But she woke up on Christmas morning with tons of gifts for her and her 2 children. I gift card for $150 for groceries for Kroger. No note or card explaining where it came from. I did it. Because that is what GOOD people do. They don't say cruel and heartless things.

May I suggest this solution? I am not going to ask for assistance for my Children's Christmas. They understand my position. I am waiting until tax return to provide Christmas gifts. If your Children are old enough to understand...maybe you could do that also.
"Good people" don't want recognition for things they do. Jus saying.
Jen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
"Good people" don't want recognition for things they do. Jus saying.
If I wanted recognition I would have told her then that it was me who did it. It's been around 6 or 7 years ago. Obviously you didn't get the point I was TRYING to make, which was instead of being a asshole like a couple people on here were being, try to support those who do try and just hit a rough spot in life (not the ones who abuse the system). Don't automatically assume that they are lazy bums. And btw you were awful quick to judge.

People are so full of hate and only care about theirselves and have to have the last word. Thank you for being rude. You sure showed me. Just saying.
SANTA

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

The best thing that you can do is ignore all of the nastiness and do what you need to do for your children. There are always going to be people that have never had to face a major financial crisis such as losing a job. There are many good people out there, that may have been where you are now, that would love to be able to help you through this rough patch. Best of luck to you....hope you find the assistance that you need. Merry Christmas!
Mom crossing her fingers

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

First of all, hang in there! I will be praying for you. My SIL has used these programs. The school will send home info. If you get the fire department program, you will go shopping at East middle school with tickets worth $40 per child under 13. You wont get a lot but it will be a lil something under the tree. If you need a bike I think you have to sign up for it or something. Not sure about that.

Now I know that may not be anywhere near a christmas for your babies, talk to local churches. And,(I had to do this last year for my 14 yr old) if you have children that "understand", you can give them a really CREATIVE I.O.U for tax refund season.

My daughters big present for christmas last year was a laptop and graphics tablet (she is big into animating and graphic design). I gave her a little gifts card in an envelope to a fast food restaurant and a February IOU. I know this seems awful, I tried to buy her a GA-ZILLION cheaper things just so she had stuff to unwrap under the tree.

It actually worked out well and because she "knew" the situation, it teachers her a bit about priorities. OH, and one year when I couldn't afford the Wii for the kiddos (who didn't know the truth yet), we told them so many children wanted a Wii for christmas that santa had them on backorder and was giving them out each week based on the children's last name. THank fully we are at the end of the alphabet and CONVENIENTLY got a Wii at tax time...LMAO!

The point in all this rambling is, do the best you can, enjoy the holidays and remember there are ways you can be creative and still hold your head high. Even if it doesn't go the way you want, bake lots of cookies, snuggles and watch movies and just remember tax refund season is 6 weeks after christmas, spoil them than and make christmas just about family time. I know you can get a few gifts through the school programs... but YOUR time, YOUR smile, and YOUR happiness is all those kiddos need! Good LUCK!!!

I will add to my christmas wish list, for you and your babies to have a blessed Christmas!
Jen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Mom crossing her fingers wrote:
First of all, hang in there! I will be praying for you. My SIL has used these programs. The school will send home info. If you get the fire department program, you will go shopping at East middle school with tickets worth $40 per child under 13. You wont get a lot but it will be a lil something under the tree. If you need a bike I think you have to sign up for it or something. Not sure about that.
Now I know that may not be anywhere near a christmas for your babies, talk to local churches. And,(I had to do this last year for my 14 yr old) if you have children that "understand", you can give them a really CREATIVE I.O.U for tax refund season.
My daughters big present for christmas last year was a laptop and graphics tablet (she is big into animating and graphic design). I gave her a little gifts card in an envelope to a fast food restaurant and a February IOU. I know this seems awful, I tried to buy her a GA-ZILLION cheaper things just so she had stuff to unwrap under the tree.
It actually worked out well and because she "knew" the situation, it teachers her a bit about priorities. OH, and one year when I couldn't afford the Wii for the kiddos (who didn't know the truth yet), we told them so many children wanted a Wii for christmas that santa had them on backorder and was giving them out each week based on the children's last name. THank fully we are at the end of the alphabet and CONVENIENTLY got a Wii at tax time...LMAO!
The point in all this rambling is, do the best you can, enjoy the holidays and remember there are ways you can be creative and still hold your head high. Even if it doesn't go the way you want, bake lots of cookies, snuggles and watch movies and just remember tax refund season is 6 weeks after christmas, spoil them than and make christmas just about family time. I know you can get a few gifts through the school programs... but YOUR time, YOUR smile, and YOUR happiness is all those kiddos need! Good LUCK!!!
I will add to my christmas wish list, for you and your babies to have a blessed Christmas!
Thank you. Bless you for being kind
Jen

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

SANTA wrote:
The best thing that you can do is ignore all of the nastiness and do what you need to do for your children. There are always going to be people that have never had to face a major financial crisis such as losing a job. There are many good people out there, that may have been where you are now, that would love to be able to help you through this rough patch. Best of luck to you....hope you find the assistance that you need. Merry Christmas!
Thank you for being kind also.

I hope the Mother and everyone who needs help gets the help they need. My kids are old enough and understand and we will be celebrating at tax time. They are others who have younger children (mine are 14 and 11) who may not understand as mine do at this age...who can get those gifts through help.
Mother of 2

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Thanks so much to the ladies on here with hearts like mine and knowing that without other mothers we could not always make the best of every situation. Once in our lives we have to give to recieve and thats understandable, we are talking about 2 children that every year pick a kid off the tree at the mall as one of their gifts and spend 100 of their christmas money on the child they each draw. This being said as children I know they are strong and that every child has different needs and this is not one that shows how much I love them but lets them know that they too were thought of as the list goes on. How to explain that they cant get a name off the tree will be more hurtful than them not getting gifts under their own. Hard times with 5 deaths in the family this year and tons of visits to the hospital and paying for gas and parking it dosent let money stay in the pocket long. My kids understand the value and would be very upset if they knew how upset their mother was about this. It breaks my heart and thanks so much for the comments! Merry one too you also!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nicholasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Syl 150,057
Did the Coroner have to answer to Ky Medical Li... 1 hr know you 29
Why Do Women Date married men! (Nov '13) 1 hr Truth 35
Cameron Apodaca 3 hr Trish 1
Lighthouse Baptist Church 4 hr Dirk McFartphuk 93
Do you approve of Russell Meyer as Mayor? (Oct '12) 5 hr martin supporter 14
marion brown 5 hr IHeartRonnie 8

Search the Nicholasville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Nicholasville Jobs

•••