Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#145938 Jun 14, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
A Final Note
I made a brief mention of the huge amount of money that was spent on this study, a sum that comes to $785,000. The lion’s share came from the Witherspoon Institute, a think tank in Princeton, New Jersey (and not affiliated with Princeton University). Members of the Institute include Robert P. George, who drafted the Manhattan Declaration and whose recent paper in The Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy on same-sex marriage was critiqued at length by BTB’s Rob Tisinai. The Withersoon Institute reportedly has close associations with such organizations as the National Organization for Marriage, the Family Research Council, and the secretive Catholic order Opus Dei. George also sits on the board of directors for the Bradley Foundation, which also provided funds for this study. The Bradley Foundation is considered one of the country’s largest and most influential right-wing foundations, although its contribution to this study is “only”$90,000.
I mention this because it is important, but I don’t want to over play its importance. All sorts of studies are funded by all sorts of institutions which support a variety of causes. Those sources can come from conservative, anti-gay organizations, or (as is the case with many studies which are favorable to LGBT issues) they can come from pro-gay sources such as the Williams Institute or other organizations. The source of funding can indicate a potential conflict of interest, but the true value of a study rests on the methodology of the study itself. If the methodology is sound, then the study’s conclusions are sound regardless of where the money comes from or who’s doing it. But where the methodology fails, the broken link affects the entire chain. While there are many grounds in which to attack this study, the only legitimate way to critique it is to examine the methodology, as I have done here.
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2012/06/10/4...
ARE YOU DONE ?? now STFU
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#145939 Jun 14, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Geez,you're about as clever as an imbecile! Moron,sociopath? Now don't tell me,MENSA member perhaps? Well,seeing how world wide the majority of all people infected with the H.I.V. virus are heterosexual! So then tell us again,wow,heterocake,you are so upset your H.I.V. is about to flare up again! Tell us do you condemn all the children who have it also? Women also?
The virus originally came from the queer folk and you know it ... now STFU
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#145940 Jun 14, 2012
When you see the word or hear the word HIV/AIDS, the first thing society of is: "Homosexuals" it is fact.
fuzzyhead

Julian, NC

#145941 Jun 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>The virus originally came from the queer folk and you know it ... now STFU

Wow really?! You sound like a southern. Leave the judging up to God k thx

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#145942 Jun 14, 2012
I like Romney, he wants to keep marriage between one man and one woman. He's not evolving on gender segregation marriage.

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

#145943 Jun 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>NO flaws in the study. The problem that gays have is that they usually were abused by their own parents. They then compare same sex parenting to their own parents.
WRONG links please
Hey Jackasson

Los Angeles, CA

#145944 Jun 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
ARE YOU DONE ?? now STFU
Dear,

The adults are talking.

You just go back to your coloring book. I think the 3rd page has an exiting picture of a flying penguin...
Golden 1

Tracy, CA

#145945 Jun 14, 2012
WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
AGREE - why vote - just let the courts decide
Winston Smith

Woodstock, VA

#145946 Jun 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>NO flaws in the study. The problem that gays have is that they usually were abused by their own parents. They then compare same sex parenting to their own parents.
The study is quite flawed. Simply because you don't understand the level of lunacy in accepting it at face value doesn't make it free of imperfections.

DO you have proof of this abuse?

I have four gay people living within 1000 feet of me.
My nephew, not abused.
His partner, not abused.
My neighbor, not abused.
Her partner, not abused.

I know all of them and their parents.
All four of these people are well adjusted, income earning, honest citizens.
Winston Smith

Woodstock, VA

#145947 Jun 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
When you see the word or hear the word HIV/AIDS, the first thing society of is: "Homosexuals" it is fact.
When you see the name Bruno, the first thing you wonder is WTF can he not express a cogent thought?
Winston Smith

Woodstock, VA

#145948 Jun 14, 2012
Golden 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AGREE - why vote - just let the courts decide
Well Golden 1, it is like this, we do not live in a democracy where the majority get to inflict any notion on the entire lot of us. I am surprised at the constant droning on about this simple concept as it flies in the face of how this country operates.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#145950 Jun 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Joanah .. Why keep comparing yourseleves to blacks you loser?
Which post did I comare gays to black? Oh, that's right, not one. But don't let truth get in your ay Penguin Boy.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
this is about man to man, boy to boy, man to boy, female to female lifestyles you bigot. Yes you have come a long way because of your constant complaining and belly aching etc.
LOL! Would you lie some cheese with that whine Pengy?
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how far you came, society will still see you as second class people and you will still be denied marriage in the states that are keeping you from achieving it.
You keep clinging to that hon!!
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ranting means nothing to me, other than you are a liar and a bigot. Now go suck and egg
Ditto.

Location hidden

#145951 Jun 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrar, there are hundreds of studies available that show exactly the same thing.
While gays demand that we pretend gay unions are exactly the same as marriage, they refuse to accept that gay 'families' are therefor the same too, and demand segregated studies. Go figure...
Gays don't have collective consciousness you clown. But don't let facts get in the way of your tantrums. Hey, I know, why don't you try and validat your pejudies by quoting from Paul Cameron too?!!! LOL!!!

Location hidden

#145952 Jun 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
by the way lides, if three are a burden, then two are too. Why the discrimination?
The issue wasn't the existanc of burden, it was he increase of burdon. Unequal burden.

But don't let facts get in the way of your twirling dear. Seriously, could you be any more desperate?

Location hidden

#145953 Jun 14, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded accurately to the content of your post.
Smile.
An accusation and an assumptive statement are not examples of accracy KiMare.

Smile.

Location hidden

#145954 Jun 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
The virus originally came from the queer folk and you know it ... now STFU
Well, given that you think penquins can fly, your belief in the origins of HIV are expected! Nothing like watching fools embarrass themselves with their stupidity!!

Location hidden

#145955 Jun 14, 2012
Bruno wrote:
No, it's the first thing bigots think of. Most of society is more educate. Just like how most of society knows that penquins can't fly. Despite you dreams, you don't represent most of society or their view.

Location hidden

#145956 Jun 14, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I like Romney, he wants to keep marriage between one man and one woman. He's not evolving on gender segregation marriage.
Yes, you are the perfect example of the complete lack of integrity of conservative christians. You like Romney.....finally NOW.

Bet you wish you could get back that contribution you made to batshyt crazy Bachmann and her closet case husband!!
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#145957 Jun 14, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
My god,you trully are an ignorant moron! The vast majority of psychologists and psychiatrists warn against even attempting reparative therapy as it can cause great harm to the patient and simply doesn't work! Your problem is I suspect you don't really know any gay people because if you did you would realize that being gay is an innate trait,neither good nor bad,it just is! Lets see what the renowned world wide"Peer reviewed" experts have to say about reparative therapy shall we oh great ignorant or stupid one! And not the crap you post from virulent anti gay hate sights! Now kindly STFU!
Reparative therapy,can gays change from gay to straight? NO!
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexual-o...
Or
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2000-0...
And
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...
Ugh. I keep forgetting I'm speaking to Liberals on this srupid website.

Liberal Logic:
7. Claim that switching from heterosexual to homosexual is customary, but switching back is somehow impossible.

When will you retarded homos understand that ALL sexual practices (& yes even sexual attractions) are a CHOICE. And people have the free will to CHANGE those practices & attractions if they want to.

Not only that but LUGs (Lesbians Until Graduation) & BUGs (bisexual until graduation) would disagree with you, & many have ADMITTED they chose the homosexual lifestyle because it was the "new thing".

Retarded Gays are EXTREMELY retarded
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#145958 Jun 14, 2012
A Common Sense Challenge to Lesbians and Gays:

Behold a Freethinker's response to the lesbian and gay union noises.

The Mathematics of Procreation in both Heterosexual and Homosexual couples:
Considering the variables:
-x as male
-y as female.
-z as fetus developing into a child.

Assuming that x and y are capable of producing healthy semen and ova. Now placing these variables into the formula, let's see what happens to both types of couples:

For Heterosexual intercourse:
x + y = z

Applying the Commutative Law:
y + x = z

In other words, Heterosexual couples are likely to produce fetus (z) given that they have sexual union (x + y ). Doubt this? Well, how were you produced?

For Homosexual intercourse:
-x + x &#8800; z
-y + y &#8800; z

In plain language, Homosexual couples WOULD NEVER produce fetus (z) regardless of the number of sexual unions (y + y) or (x + x) they can have.

A PRACTICAL CHALLENGE TO HOMOSEXUALS:
I challenge the entire lesbian and gay community to gather themselves in a town exclusive to their mutual masturbation and see whether in 100 years they would not be in extinction.

“Man has often lost his way, but modern man has lost his address”--Gilbert K. Chesterton

I'll like to add a word or two to Mr. Chesterton's observation. Man has not just lost his address but much worst, man and woman have lost their identity. They have lost how to have sex and whom to have it with. Concerning how to have sex, men are turning to fellow men for sexual pleasures and sadly women (who suppose to KNOW BETTER) are equally following this trend. It's a BIG SHAME to both REASON and CONSCIENCE of humanity! We have to get back to the real pussies (cats) and bitches (dogs) to learn how to have sex. Below are some COMMON SENSE reminders to all those who have forgotten how to use their brains when it comes to sex (not oral or anal) and who to have it with.

Conclusion: Homosexuality is a dead end. Marriage between a man & a woman isn't since they are able to procreate & keep the species alive.

Now what anti-religious Gays? You're gonna say science is "bigotry" now?....Pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicasio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) 7 hr deja 5,606
San Rafael seeks to make parking meters friendlier (Apr '09) Oct 19 Another Commander... 22
Real or Fake ? (Oct '12) Oct 19 Another Commander... 85
Like Lincoln and FDR, Obama faces nation in cri... (Nov '08) Oct 10 yon 52
Going the distance: Marin City's Homer Hall tra... (Jan '10) Oct 1 Jeff Westbrook 2
The Bacon Tree (Jan '13) Sep '14 Commander Bunny 21
Got wood ? Sep '14 Dr_Zorderz 62

Beach Hazards Statement for Marin County was issued at October 21 at 6:49AM PDT

Nicasio News Video

Nicasio Dating
Find my Match

Nicasio Jobs

Nicasio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nicasio News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nicasio

Personal Finance