Gibb's death considered 1st degree murder

Full story: Newport Plain Talk

Jefferson County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Bud McCoig said on Tuesday that Anthony Scott Gibbs, 26, was killed at about 3 a.m. on Sunday and his death is being considered as 1st degree murder.
Comments
301 - 320 of 418 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2014
REALLY

Rockford, TN

#309 Jan 3, 2010
Only God can can tell you to forgive.I know you want justice and that is very understandable,I don't expect sympathy for Sutton,God will deal with him too.That is what I had to do put it in Gods hands.My hating and wanting revenge was killing me.It can make you very bitter.I really don't understand why if everyone has all this information,why has this case not went to court yet.Your attitude is still rotten telling me if I think he is innocent then go represent him,now where in anything I said did I say I thought he was innocent?You have a good day and may God bless you and your family and be with you in your times of trouble.
SCOTT GIBBS FAMILY

Elizabethtown, KY

#310 Jan 3, 2010
To Really we know all the facts.We know why this case has not gone to court there has been a lot of murder trials in tn this year knoxville has had 3 2 more to go. scientific facts is what we know. they cant be in two places at one time only one case at a time there if you must know it has nothing to do with brandon.he is still in jail right.he is not walking our streets is he. we want justice not hate justice. we are angry we will always have that lose.and so will you.maybe God will let Scott decide if he wants to forgive Brandon for taking his life I dont care what is between Brandon and God.he murdered in cold blood why do you think he is being charged with 1st degree murder the proff is there common sense.sorry for your loss.sometimes justice is never served.sometimes it is. we want justice and we will be Scotts voice.we will fight to the bitter end if people want him walking the stretts after what he did it could be their child next.may God bless you
vickie and girls

Morristown, TN

#311 Jan 25, 2010
i set here and read all this and just cant find forgivness for brandon, i raise our kids alone and i see everyday what an inpact this has had on me and these girls, we spend christmas wishing he was here we spend all holidays talking about daddy and all the memories we had together, they want their daddy everyday these girls need their daddy, but now all they have as a male rolemodel is a papaw an uncle and a grandaddy which they hardly see any of, I have tried being in a relationship but the issues i have with loosing Scott and other BS has also made me loose any chance at a sucessful relationship, even if i did find a good man he wouldnt be Scott and theres no way he could ever fill Scotts shoes, i myself am doing better dealing with it all, i try to find peace in knowing hes in a better place, but as for our children they dont have that opportunity because they dont understand and if they ever do thats years to come. Scott adored his children and they adored him i cant replace scott but i can tell you how hard it is to teach ur kids everything that a father is suppost to do, Scott cant come watch their ball games he cant practice with them he cant help with homework and he cant kiss them goodnight, and many more things he cant do that he should be here doing. Abbi told me she wished her daddy was here to call her princess, all i can tell her is that she still is daddys princess. So before you ask us to forgive Brandon for what he has done why dont you live a day in my shoes with these girls, then we'll see if you can forgive before justice has even been served. Scott will not be forgotton by anyone! everyone who new Scott loved him. we live with the same heartache everyday, we go to sleep with it at night and wake up to it every morning, while the pain everyone knows who is defending brandon lessons because he is still alive and not a burden to anyone anymore Scotts family dont get that our pain gets worse.
Goodness

White Pine, TN

#312 Jan 25, 2010
I have read this and all I can say is God is a forgiving God and he forgives all but one sin.If you people can't forgive this Brandon person God will not forgive you either.From what I have read this Lisa is as much to blame, but I don't see where anyone talks about the hate for her and she is walking the streets.
Scott Gibbs Family

Elizabethtown, KY

#313 Jan 26, 2010
To Goodness. dont you weary about if we forgive Brandon Sutton or not. thats our business. none of yours.U take care of you and GOD we will do the same.Is what you are saying fact or opinion.If you know something about Lisa then you are whith holding information have you been to the authorities if you know so much then talk to the DA.opinion is not good enough if Brandon wants to set there while they are free thats his choice he already lost 3 years of his life every body else is living theres to the full.So speak facts not your opinion.and dont worry about how we forgive that is our right we can fell any way we want.you can speak your opinion. but dont whith hold information. that will get you in big trouble.We know who you are ok.dont play games unless you have facts.
Goodness

Walland, TN

#314 Jan 26, 2010
Scott Gibbs Family wrote:
To Goodness. dont you weary about if we forgive Brandon Sutton or not. thats our business. none of yours.U take care of you and GOD we will do the same.Is what you are saying fact or opinion.If you know something about Lisa then you are whith holding information have you been to the authorities if you know so much then talk to the DA.opinion is not good enough if Brandon wants to set there while they are free thats his choice he already lost 3 years of his life every body else is living theres to the full.So speak facts not your opinion.and dont worry about how we forgive that is our right we can fell any way we want.you can speak your opinion. but dont whith hold information. that will get you in big trouble.We know who you are ok.dont play games unless you have facts.
I really don't care what you do with your life or anything else.I was stating a fact that if you don't forgive the Sutton boy God will not forgive you.See some of the people on here like putting words in peoples mouths,I did not say I knew so much,I said from what I have read on here.This is a Forum where people can speak their opinion and that is what I have done.I don't know the facts and neither do you.You may think you do but only God,Sutton,Lisa and Scott knows for sure what happened that night.Plus I ain't trying to play any kind of game.If I wanted to play games it sure wouldn't be with this sort of thing.I too lost someone who was murdered and I know how it feels but I did ,with God's help forgive the person who killed my friend,I just don't want God not to forgive me of any wrong doing I do because I couldn't forgive someone because God will take care of those people because he knows for sure what happened.
Scott Gibbs Family

Elizabethtown, KY

#315 Jan 28, 2010
Goodness.This is a man being charged with 1st degree murder.God has nothing to do with it.it is based on the laws of the land.not the bible.forgiveness has nothing to do with justice.whith murder,and with mean people,God gave us laws to abide by. he gave us judges,lawyers, a courtroom,scintific facts,that is really great thats what we know.no person is to blame but the one that did it.the facts of the court.we will fight for justice.and hope this man want be able to do this again.that has nothing to do with forgiveness it has to do with caring for our neighbor. We have facts thats how any person is convicted by the court system the laws the facts.it is called laws of the land. thats what we go live by.like I said we know the facts.
MissinScott

Ford City, PA

#316 Jan 28, 2010
Its been 3 years today that you were murdered. I still miss you everyday. Thank you for all those wonderful memories. Thank you for making me laugh. I love you Scott!

Sometimes it's hard to understand--
To see the reason why.
Sometimes it's hard to find the words--
To say that last goodbye.
Sometimes it's hard to look ahead
With eyes still filled with tears--
But all our cherished memories
Will live on through the years.

And though there are no answers--
The questions still remain.
Sometimes we just can't comprehend
Or understand the pain.
Sometimes it's hard to look beyond
The rainclouds in the sky--
Though all our cherished memories
Will stay as time goes by.

Sometimes when we close our eyes
The only thing we see
Are moments that are long gone by--
Of how things used to be.
Sometimes we need to just let go,
Let tears fall as they may--
Reliving cherished memories
That never fade away.

Rest in peace Scott!
Goodness

Knoxville, TN

#317 Jan 30, 2010
Scott Gibbs Family wrote:
Goodness.This is a man being charged with 1st degree murder.God has nothing to do with it.it is based on the laws of the land.not the bible.forgiveness has nothing to do with justice.whith murder,and with mean people,God gave us laws to abide by. he gave us judges,lawyers, a courtroom,scintific facts,that is really great thats what we know.no person is to blame but the one that did it.the facts of the court.we will fight for justice.and hope this man want be able to do this again.that has nothing to do with forgiveness it has to do with caring for our neighbor. We have facts thats how any person is convicted by the court system the laws the facts.it is called laws of the land. thats what we go live by.like I said we know the facts.
I know there is plenty of laws of the land and I bet you have never broken a one.I have and thank the good Lord he forgave me.I am seeing a lot of hate on here and that is what I am talking about.I hope this man won't be able to kill again,but I also hope you do have all the facts.Looks like what I have read on here is a lot of hearsay.The Sutton man family taking up for him and the Gibbs mans family taking up for him.Seems to me like this case should have already gone to court.Do you have any idea what the hold up is being as you have all the facts?
Some one who loved Scott

AOL

#318 Jan 31, 2010
MissinScott wrote:
Its been 3 years today that you were murdered. I still miss you everyday. Thank you for all those wonderful memories. Thank you for making me laugh. I love you Scott!
To see the reason why.
Or understand the pain.
The only thing we see
That never fade away.
Rest in peace Scott!
The memories are all we have left.....I close my eyes an can see him smile that big smile while twirling his hair.....He is in heaven at peace I only pray the day will come when all the people who really loved Scott will find peace!!!!!!!!!
JusticeforScott

Nancy, KY

#319 Jan 31, 2010
Goodness wrote:
<quoted text>I know there is plenty of laws of the land and I bet you have never broken a one.I have and thank the good Lord he forgave me.I am seeing a lot of hate on here and that is what I am talking about.I hope this man won't be able to kill again,but I also hope you do have all the facts.Looks like what I have read on here is a lot of hearsay.The Sutton man family taking up for him and the Gibbs mans family taking up for him.Seems to me like this case should have already gone to court.Do you have any idea what the hold up is being as you have all the facts?
Reading the comments that you have posted, i would guess you arent just a random person reading this forum. You are either a family member or friend of Brandons. Of course there is going to be alot of hate and anger, a family member of ours was murdered. How else would anyone feel. You say that a friend of yours was murdered, i think thats far from what Scott was to us. Until your son, brother, nephew, husband or father of your children has been murdered, i dont think you could fully understand our feelings completely. How do you think three little children are feeling today. They no longer have their daddy with them. He worked hard for his family. They no longer have his arms to hold them and his voice telling them how much he loves them. Not only was Scott a victim, so are they. You dont understand the pain and anger and hate that runs through us when we look into those kids eyes and see how much they hurt because they miss their dad so much. It blows my mind to read some of the comments posted on here to Scotts family. Telling a victim of murder family that they need to forgive, that they have to much hate, like we are the criminal. Not once have i saw you or others that have posted comments similar to yours say that they are praying for this murderer. He is the one who you need to get on here and teach the Bible too. He broke one of Gods commandments. Which is Gods laws. God tells us many things about a murderer in his word. I know that i wouldnt want to stand before God and answer for killing another of Gods children. You also state that everything you have read seems to be hearsay. I think its silly that you think that Scotts family dont know any facts about this case. Scott was a victim, him and his family has rights just as much as brandon does. Of course they know facts. They arent gonna get on here and tell them to anyone and risk hurting Scotts case in any way. They know every reason why the trial has been postponed. Like i said they have rights too. There is alot of facts, if there wasnt then brandon wouldnt have spent the last three years behind bars. Im not taking lightly your friends death, believe me i understand your pain. And its great that you have forgiven the person who killed them. Im just saying that this was more than a friend to us. And to your point about us breaking any laws before, well this case isnt something as simple as a speeding ticket or not wearing a seatbelt. This is about a brutle murder. Thanks to all those who are praying for Scotts family and those who truly understand our greif and show Scotts family respect on this forum. May God bless all of you and i pray that none of you go through what Scotts family and friends have went through.
Goodness

Knoxville, TN

#320 Feb 1, 2010
JusticeforScott wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the comments that you have posted, i would guess you arent just a random person reading this forum. You are either a family member or friend of Brandons. Of course there is going to be alot of hate and anger, a family member of ours was murdered. How else would anyone feel. You say that a friend of yours was murdered, i think thats far from what Scott was to us. Until your son, brother, nephew, husband or father of your children has been murdered, i dont think you could fully understand our feelings completely. How do you think three little children are feeling today. They no longer have their daddy with them. He worked hard for his family. They no longer have his arms to hold them and his voice telling them how much he loves them. Not only was Scott a victim, so are they. You dont understand the pain and anger and hate that runs through us when we look into those kids eyes and see how much they hurt because they miss their dad so much. It blows my mind to read some of the comments posted on here to Scotts family. Telling a victim of murder family that they need to forgive, that they have to much hate, like we are the criminal. Not once have i saw you or others that have posted comments similar to yours say that they are praying for this murderer. He is the one who you need to get on here and teach the Bible too. He broke one of Gods commandments. Which is Gods laws. God tells us many things about a murderer in his word. I know that i wouldnt want to stand before God and answer for killing another of Gods children. You also state that everything you have read seems to be hearsay. I think its silly that you think that Scotts family dont know any facts about this case. Scott was a victim, him and his family has rights just as much as brandon does. Of course they know facts. They arent gonna get on here and tell them to anyone and risk hurting Scotts case in any way. They know every reason why the trial has been postponed. Like i said they have rights too. There is alot of facts, if there wasnt then brandon wouldnt have spent the last three years behind bars. Im not taking lightly your friends death, believe me i understand your pain. And its great that you have forgiven the person who killed them. Im just saying that this was more than a friend to us. And to your point about us breaking any laws before, well this case isnt something as simple as a speeding ticket or not wearing a seatbelt. This is about a brutle murder. Thanks to all those who are praying for Scotts family and those who truly understand our greif and show Scotts family respect on this forum. May God bless all of you and i pray that none of you go through what Scotts family and friends have went through.
Very well said.But you see my friend had 2 small children and I do know the hurt that is there.We were as close as some family's are.This is one I never understood completely but it is in the Bible that NO ONE SIN is worse than another.In other words if you kill someone it is a sin.If you lie it is a sin.You will be judged before God.I am praying for this Sutton man and am also praying for Scott's family.I do know how you feel maybe even more than you will have to feel because my friend had custody of his kids and the mother is the one who killed him and she was found guilty and sentenced to 20 years but due to a stupid little mistake made in court she is out walking the streets and has custody of the children.The children hate being with her but they can't do anything.They know what she done to their daddy.That is HURT. Knowing you can't help the children but you people can at least try to help those small children.My prayers are with all involved.
Scott Gibbs Family

Elizabethtown, KY

#321 Feb 2, 2010
Heather-Real Deal wrote:
Truth always stands when the world is on fire...Brandon S Sutton is a very good man...he is very much in love with Lisa..as well as she is in love with him..Brandon nor Lisa knew Scott to kill him purposly..there was a reason behind the murder..Scott was ask to vacate with Robbie and Christy but refused to..Scott had NO reason to be there in the 1st place if they were leaving.Brandon told Scott he had NO business being there when Robbie and Christy left..that he had to go with them..Brandon is a very good guy and he is very harmless..not unless him or Lisa was put into danager themselves.Brandon will get out ***BELIEVE THAT*** The truth will be known when it goes in front of the Grand Jury..so to all you **HATERZ** stick to the soap operas cause yalls world is about to turn!! The ones that judge will be judge in the end!!
How well do nyou know any body on these posts rumor has it you know one person very well and it is not brandod.
LIZ

Ooltewah, TN

#322 Feb 18, 2010
I know brandon and I know he is covering for a woman thats just how he is.Idont believe brandon did all of this by himself. this woman needs to tell the truth about that night.
vckie

Morristown, TN

#323 Feb 22, 2010
MissinScott wrote:
To see the reason why.
Or understand the pain.
The only thing we see
That never fade away.
Rest in peace Scott!
I love this Ive been tyring to write something to put in the paper for Scott next month, I hope its ok if I use this poem, nothing else could say it any better.
trashy area

Morristown, TN

#324 Feb 22, 2010
This kind of thing is typical in trashy areas such as Morristown, Newport etc. You'll find an overwhelming amount of uneducated trash throughout this area. Not sure why this is such a big deal to anyone. Just another piece of trash taken to the curb if you ask me.
T-Green-L

United States

#325 Feb 22, 2010
LMFAO @ trashy areas comment.. well just the fact that it says u are in Morristown.. So guess you are just as trashy as the rest of us.. LOSER!!
Vickie Scotts wife

Morristown, TN

#326 Feb 23, 2010
trashy area wrote:
This kind of thing is typical in trashy areas such as Morristown, Newport etc. You'll find an overwhelming amount of uneducated trash throughout this area. Not sure why this is such a big deal to anyone. Just another piece of trash taken to the curb if you ask me.
I hope your not saying Scott was a piece of trash, Im not gonna jump to conclouions untill I fully inderstand your comment, you dont seem like you knew Scott or Brandon, Scott was a good man and Im not just saying this because he was my husband, he really was a good honest hard workin man, he didnt sell dope for a living the most he did was go out for a beer from time to time, what hard workin man doesnt desirve to do that sometimes? I hated that midnight rodeo I gave him so much hell over that place and at times I didnt care to much for Rob either, but the Rob issue changed the more I got to no him, Rob was a good friend to him, Scott was not a follower if he didnt wanna do something he didnt do it, so Scott was one of the only srtaight ones other than alcohol, there that night and yes thats a fact. Scott worked a hard job and it caused him alotta pain but he did it everyday, he missed out on alotta time with me and the kids because of it but thats part of it. Scott was the life of his family, he had the best personality and would seriously have you on the floor rolling laughing at him, Now when I visit his family Mom,Dad, Brothers aunts and uncles there is no joy no more, the only time they laugh is if we are talking bout Scott, but the laughter shortly turns to tears, That Man had so much to live for, and to even think you would be calling him trash breaks my heart, HE WAS A GOOD MAN!!
tiredofit

Manchester, KY

#327 Feb 23, 2010
trashy area wrote:
I take it you are refering to Brandon. But i must say you found a "nice" word to describe him.......I think i know exactly who you are. Im getting quite tired of your drama. You seem to enjoy hurting Scotts family. I think you are a sick, twisted person. Im getting very close to proving my suspicion of who you are. Its amazing what a P.I. can do HUH? I think we need to send you to Hollywood and make you a star of your own soap opera, since your soul seems to crave drama. Yeah, you know i know its you. See ya soon!
fyi

Morristown, TN

#328 Mar 6, 2010
Goodness wrote:
<quoted text>I know there is plenty of laws of the land and I bet you have never broken a one.I have and thank the good Lord he forgave me.I am seeing a lot of hate on here and that is what I am talking about.I hope this man won't be able to kill again,but I also hope you do have all the facts.Looks like what I have read on here is a lot of hearsay.The Sutton man family taking up for him and the Gibbs mans family taking up for him.Seems to me like this case should have already gone to court.Do you have any idea what the hold up is being as you have all the facts?
Sutton's first attorney was bumped because of a conflict of some sort. That was after at least a year after he was appointed. The judge had to appoint a new attorney. The case was continued last time because of something to do with the state getting an expert witness. Mr. Sutton is charged with first degree murder. Those type of cases take forever to reach a jury.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walmart selling beer 7 min Freaked 7
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 10 min here now 146,309
men looking for descreet sex (Aug '11) 1 hr April 38
Places to shop in newport 1 hr Prosper 7
Parrottsville Hommel 1 hr Really 4
Pinays are Worthless ! 2 hr Anyone know 20
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr DeDominicis 9,346
Lynn Shultz missing in action!!! 6 hr Lawnmowerboy 19
•••
•••
•••

Newport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••