Woman gets 4 years for DUI death of bicyclist

Feb 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Wave

SANTA ANA A 23-year-old woman from Newport Coast pleaded guilty Tuesday to killing a bicyclist while driving intoxicated and driving while texting on her cell phone.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Mar 12, 2012
Kamper

Detroit, MI

#1 Mar 12, 2012
MARCH 12, REFLECTION FOR TODAY
I have done myself a lot of harm, but I want to make amends to myself now. One of the best ways to do this is to continually speak well of myself. Why do I think I am entitled to run myself down, saying harsh things about myself such as, "I am not good, I cannot do it, I am so weak, nobody cares about me, etc."? Without dishonesty or conceit I can always speak positively and hopefully about myself. Today I want to be my own best friend.
MEDITATION FOR TODAY
May I remember there are people who love and cherish me, and it hurts them, as it hurts me, when I say negative things about myself.
TODAY I WILL REMEMBER I am not perfect, but in some ways I am great.
FROM: TODAY BOOK,( emotionsanonymous.org ) "(C)Copyright Emotions Anonymous, used with permission of the EA International Service Center" (Third printing, 1991)."
Kamper

Detroit, MI

#2 Mar 12, 2012
We are www.12stepplanet.com and www.addictstoday.com . Please join us to fight the disease of drug and alcohol addiction/abuse. We are a driving force of individuals with one common focus to resolve and to have a quality of life without Ė Addiction.. Itís devastating and its life threatening but we can conquer it together. We can help our fellow man rise out the abyss of death and destruction. Together we can overcome. See how we did it. See where we began, where it took us and how and why we found the solution. Itís a WE process. Only WE can help each other. Please read our short stories of how we did it. If you have a success story that would help others please send your edited story to my12stepplanet@yahoo.com. You can help save a life today, We are the Planet. We are 12stepplanet.com . We interface on FaceBook. Join us there as well. We will support you in recovery. Kk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newport Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 200,622
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 13 hr punch tips 7,935
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Sun SEYMOOR DUCK 4,793
Committed Carbon Emissions Are Rising Fast Aug 30 SpaceBlues 1
Review: ARI Novick PHD (Feb '13) Aug 28 JTW 5
•••

Newport Beach News Video

•••
•••

Newport Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Newport Beach People Search