Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

I see how much you right wingers think of left leaning cut and paste articles. So to be fair and balanced, I will post a Right leaning publication and a Conservative think tank.

The Wall Street Journal stated,

“Falling military spending and the end of federal stimulus programs are further slowing the already weak U.S. economic recovery.”

The article went further and said,

“Federal investment and spending is down 3.3% for the year and about 0.4% for the second quarter.”“But the budget cuts come at a tough time for the U.S. economy, which has lost steam after appearing to accelerate earlier this year.”

The federal cuts are a reversal from the recession, when Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama tried to spark growth by increasing federal spending through bailouts and stimulus programs.

Most economists believe the stimulus programs played at least some role in softening the recession’s blow,…”

The American Enterprise Institute is a conservative think tank and their article vindicates President Obama. Their article stated the the private sector has grown an average of 3% per quarter since the recession ended in 2009 under President Obama, but total GDP is down because of spending cuts in the public sector.

The public sector GDP has dropped to negative 2.88% over the last two years. What does this do to total GDP and the overall economy? It slows it down dramatically!
Dad

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
And you and Obama can keep the rest of America unemployed.
uou mean the three percent above the normal five percent

most pf them could find work if they moved to where the jobs are
Can We Not Just Get Along

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
After all those years in the service it would seem that the idea of SAC personell, doing TDY, on other bases would not seem odd to you or your "friends
No one said it was odd, just wondering where the base was. He and you have been caught in too many lies to e ever take you at your word. My friends in Qutar find your and yours' outlook on the military very suspect, but what would they know, they are just living it.
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
uou mean the three percent above the normal five percent
most pf them could find work if they moved to where the jobs are
Did I mention broke as well?
SAC Warrior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
After all those years in the service it would seem that the idea of SAC personell, doing TDY, on other bases would not seem odd to you or your "friends
Especially if they work B1's im sure most of the upper supervision were in SAC back in the day. And I know the planes were.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Can We Not Just Get Along wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said it was odd, just wondering where the base was. He and you have been caught in too many lies to e ever take you at your word. My friends in Qutar find your and yours' outlook on the military very suspect, but what would they know, they are just living it.
Since I have never posted, that I can recall, my "outlook on the military" how could you possibly claim it to be, "very suspect"?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I have never posted, that I can recall, my "outlook on the military" how could you possibly claim it to be, "very suspect"?
You have posted your complete and total adoration for the man that is doing the best he can to dismantle this county as we know it, that includes making us a second rate military power, you can't be number one anything whenvyou are either apologizing for every action that has ever taken place or blaming every predecessor for all your inadequacies.
SAC Warrior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Really, they disagreed with me. Plenty of manpower, unlimited supplies. Now whos suspect?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You have posted your complete and total adoration for the man that is doing the best he can to dismantle this county as we know it, that includes making us a second rate military power, you can't be number one anything whenvyou are either apologizing for every action that has ever taken place or blaming every predecessor for all your inadequacies.
Damn, "second rate military" that is a bit of a stretch.

Current military spending is higher than at any time in our entire history. The Pentagon budget for 2010 was $693 billion—more than all other discretionary spending programs combined. That’s nearly half of all military spending on earth. Military spending has doubled over the past decade when adjusted for inflation. Under President Bush, military spending averaged 3.9 percent of Gross Domestic Product. It has increased to 4.9 percent—a full percentage point higher under President Obama.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, "second rate military" that is a bit of a stretch.
Current military spending is higher than at any time in our entire history. The Pentagon budget for 2010 was $693 billion—more than all other discretionary spending programs combined. That’s nearly half of all military spending on earth. Military spending has doubled over the past decade when adjusted for inflation. Under President Bush, military spending averaged 3.9 percent of Gross Domestic Product. It has increased to 4.9 percent—a full percentage point higher under President Obama.
Welfare spending, unemployment spending are both at record levels, just because you spend money doesn't make you a supporter of excellence. I do admire your ability to cut and paste without taking the time to analyze.
WALKING BACKWARD

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

<quoted text>
Etch-a-sketch it, and we’ll all believe.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

SAC Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, they disagreed with me. Plenty of manpower, unlimited supplies. Now whos suspect?
Are you sure you were in the military? Plenty of manpower, unlimited supplied, never has the military had all that. Damn, I thought we had whiners back in my day, you have perfected it.
DUH

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? that has nothing to do with anything. It's fuuny how liberals are whinning about the money Romney is raising. Just 4 years ago they were high-fiving, bragging and over the moon about the money Obama was raising. It never ceases to amaze, the hypocrisy Democrats have. They are such pathological liars. Case in point. In 2003 gas was at a National average of $2.63. The lib labs and talking heads at MSNBC, Daily KOS and Huffington post were going on and on about Bush and Cheney being oil men. The whole Irag war was a rouse to make money for Haliburton and their oil buddies. Fast forward to 2011, the National average hits $3.91 and those exact same people are saying "the President has nothing to do with the price of gas". They don't even try to hide their dishonesty. And BTW, we'll give you Fox News, but don't ever refer to the Huffington Post or MSNBC to support your argument. Those sights are as far left as Fox is right.
LMAO, I do believe you meant SITES not "sights".

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, I do believe you meant SITES not "sights".
You might be "LMAO" but you will always be an ass to us. Quite a comeback though,bit is not often that you catch a spelling error on topix.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Welfare spending, unemployment spending are both at record levels, just because you spend money doesn't make you a supporter of excellence. I do admire your ability to cut and paste without taking the time to analyze.
"analyze"

Okay I will "analyze" your statement.

What you were saying is our military is "second rate" is because gay people can now openly serve.

I also say you are a homophobic bigot who did not have the balls to come out and say verbatim what you were implying.

Tell me , did I "analyze" that correctly?
DUH

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be "LMAO" but you will always be an ass to us. Quite a comeback though,bit is not often that you catch a spelling error on topix.
NOPE, "bit is not".

OMG, you are on a roll, keep em coming, enjoying the display of ignorance.
SAC Warrior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Are you sure you were in the military? Plenty of manpower, unlimited supplied, never has the military had all that. Damn, I thought we had whiners back in my day, you have perfected it.
Not were in the military. Am in the military.
democrapsRcrazy

Arkadelphia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

The democrats say it's time to

Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. According to them, he has done more than any other (legitimate) President before him; just look at his impressive list of accomplishments below and remember these as you prepare to go to the polls in November.

First President to present a falsified birth certificate or other documents which have been proven to be poor quality forgeries.
First President to proudly apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner when he decided to run for the office of president.
First President to have a social security number from a state in which he has never been a resident.
First President to exhibit total arrogance --- that he was above the law of the land and failed to reflect an ounce of humility .
First President to initiate and preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States
First President to violate the War Powers Act and act unilaterally without considering Congressional approval.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to require that all Americans purchase products from a third party and/or country.
First President to spend more than One Trillion dollars on "shovel-ready" jobs when the only such "shovel-ready" jobs were contracts that he granted to China and other countries with the taxpayers' money, excluding American companies.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law so that he could turn over US corporations to his union supporters while moving the jobs outside of the United States.[What percentage of GM (government motors) vehicles are now produced in the U.S.; what percent are produced in China?]
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the a back-door amnesty (the Dream Act) through executive fiat, flooding the job market with illegal aliens to compete with American citizens.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand that a privately-owned company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to demand that a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) resign, while demanding that other corporations appoint his cronies and financial backers, assuring that his election till will be remain full..
First President to circumvent state's rights on issues that are outside of national security concerns while reducing national security to a bad joke.
First President to provide America's enemies with firepower to kill Americans, while destroying security on our borders [Fast & Furious].
First President to terminate America 's projects for space discovery, while demanding that NASA use the talents to make islamics feel better about themselves..
First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation,[reference the 1892 Supreme Court decision] while bowing to foreign powers and flooding Washington, D.C. with islamists..
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without even being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law (approved by an abundance of legal voters) unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it because it did not fit his agenda.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out that his pet project was the precipitating factor for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, OK).
democrapsRcrazy

Arkadelphia, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been grandfathered-in/properly issued long before he took office.
First President to actively try to state that his aim was to bankrupt an American industry (coal) and actively pursue that goal.
First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 unelected czars to replace elected officials in his office.
First President to surround himself with known terrorists, islamists and radical left-wing anarchists.
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, 102 to date.
First President to say he would be the most transparent president ever, then conceal all government-issued documents, medical, educational and travel records.
First President to win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING and then achieving notig to earn it.
First President to go on multiple global “apology tours” and concurrently “insult our friends” and bow to our enemies tours.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his and his wife's friends paid for by the taxpayer, then complain that American citizens need to "tighten their belts".
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to deem it necessary to contract a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at America taxpayers' expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Quran & tell us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship), is the most beautiful sound on earth while declaring that the National Anthem should be replaced.
First President to consistently demean and attempt to decimate the US military, then declare publicly that members of the military services should provide their own private insurance because they "volunteered to go to war and knew the consequences" while maintaining premium coverages (not afforded to citizens) for himself, his family and his staff at the taxpayers' expense.
First President to ever declare that members of the U.S. military forces were "UNPATRIOTIC" because they balked at his statement to the forces should have to underwrite their own health/life insurance benefits.
First President in the history of this nation to file a lawsuit with a foreign nation over the right of a state to protect its citizens from illegal foreign nationals [Mexico vs. Arizona].
First President to demean America's Founding Fathers and call for the rescinding of the US Constitution, or any part thereof, to be replaced by items of his personal agenda.
SAC Warrior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Great copy and paste work! Did anyone else bother to read that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Newport Forum right now

Search the Newport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Husbands without a conscience 15 min Sissy 56
is krogers in newport closing its doors? 18 min Sissy 3
Looking for a male Jack Russell to breed with (Nov '11) 1 hr Ivy 49
Am I wrong 3 hr Matt 17
NFL screwup on wife beater 7 hr No no 3
homewreckers 8 hr Stop hating each other 88
Harps coming to Newport 9 hr Guest 8
•••

Flood Warning for Jackson County was issued at July 29 at 7:46PM CDT