Protesters arrested again at VY headquarters

Feb 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brattleboro Reformer

Just two months after they were taken into custody for protesting at Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant's headquarters on Old Ferry Road, nine elderly women were again arrested for trespassing at the site.

Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated May 5, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
VT Taxpayer

New Boston, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

"Tuesday February 14, 2012
BRATTLEBORO -- Just two months after they were taken into custody for protesting at Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant’s headquarters on Old Ferry Road, nine elderly women were again arrested for trespassing at the site.

Brattleboro police responded to reports of trespassing around 1:30 p.m. to find nine subjects on company property. While they had not entered any buildings as they did during a similar incident on Dec. 12, 2011, the protesters were issued verbal warnings to leave the property.

The protesters were arrested without incident and were transported to the police station for processing.

Those arrested were Martha Hennessy, 56, of Perkinsville; Marcia H. Gagliardi, 64, of Athol, Mass.; Anneke Corbett, 69, of Florence, Mass.; Constance D. Harvard, 64, of Northampton, Mass.; Robin N. Lloyd, 73, of Burlington; Susan B. Lantz, 71, of Northampton; Nina Swaim, 73, of Sharon; Frances H. Crowe, 92, of Northampton; and Harrient N. Nestel, 73, of Brattleboro.

They are currently scheduled to appear in Vermont Superior Court: Windham Criminal Division on March 27 to answer the charge of trespassing, but the Windham

County District Attorney’s office has traditionally dropped the charges because it consumes a disproportionate amount of resources to the crime."

And Sorrel continus to rape the taxpayers to a mere $4.6 million. Plus $50,000 to a DC consulting firm!
Revenue

Stockbridge, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

I hope they gave them all a nice cup of tea and a $500 dollar fine. The state has to get the money from somewhere to pay those legal bills.
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Revenue wrote:
I hope they gave them all a nice cup of tea and a $500 dollar fine. The state has to get the money from somewhere to pay those legal bills.
Spend some money, prosecute those old bags, and throw them in prison for an extended period of time.
A Long Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Wouldn't that just make your day .
laws are laws

Ware, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

A Long Time wrote:
Wouldn't that just make your day .
ummm yes, they continue to break the law. You don't condone law breaking?
Dancing

Stockbridge, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Community Disorganizer wrote:
<quoted text>
Spend some money, prosecute those old bags, and throw them in prison for an extended period of time.
I think that you misunderstood my comment. Fine each person $500. and apply that money to offset the cost of prosecuting the case that the state just lost. If the projected four thousand protesters show up in March and they decide to break the law while protesting that would mean a tidy $200,0000 that taxpayers don't need to pick up.

Since: Mar 10

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

laws are laws wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm yes, they continue to break the law. You don't condone law breaking?
You cant ask rational questions to irrational people and expect to get a legitimate response.
A Long Time

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Spare us your holier than thou ,chastizement of the ladies .

Calling them what was it " old bags , throwing them in prison for an extended period of time ."

Even when you are right you manage to leave a feeling of disgust at your blatant disrespect for other people. Who ? Who calls older ladies old bats ?

I'll tell you bullies that's who . Bullies who are trying to insult at such a low level of insults and stupidity people who disagree.

Any Rational person can disagree and hold back the insulting negative comments . Not endearing , then again you don't care .

Its fair game with you guys . Please don't act surprised that most people want you gone .

That is a legitimate answer .
Alex

Newton Center, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

"You cant ask rational questions to irrational people and expect to get a legitimate response."
-yeah nuketards can be arrogantly obstinate and refusing to look at truth, some of their most irrational illegitimate responces include their insane 'defense' of nukedom by claiming 'radiation is good for you"!!(as ewe're Ann Coulter etc. did)
----------

"Fine each person $500...blah blah"
-ya really can't force anyone to pay a fine
I Know More Than You

Troy, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Cosmic Idiot Redux wrote:
Spare us your holier than thou ,chastizement of the ladies .
Calling them what was it " old bags , throwing them in prison for an extended period of time ."
Even when you are right you manage to leave a feeling of disgust at your blatant disrespect for other people. Who ? Who calls older ladies old bats ?
I'll tell you bullies that's who . Bullies who are trying to insult at such a low level of insults and stupidity people who disagree.
Any Rational person can disagree and hold back the insulting negative comments . Not endearing , then again you don't care .
Its fair game with you guys . Please don't act surprised that most people want you gone .
That is a legitimate answer .
You've never given a legitimate answer here so spare us your holier than thou attitude.

You ramble on without ever making a point or providing any support for your inane positions. When you are called out on your bullshit and lies, you hide behind a lame "those bullies make fun of my grammar" excuse.

Let me repeat, I mock you because you are a willfully ignorant fool and a pathological liar, not because you can't spell worth a damn.

Stigmatized works of art!= Priceless stupidity.

Since: Mar 10

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Alex wrote:
"You cant ask rational questions to irrational people and expect to get a legitimate response."
-yeah nuketards can be arrogantly obstinate and refusing to look at truth, some of their most irrational illegitimate responces include their insane 'defense' of nukedom by claiming 'radiation is good for you"!!(as ewe're Ann Coulter etc. did)
----------
"Fine each person $500...blah blah"
-ya really can't force anyone to pay a fine
Alex, care to find anyone on this forum that has ever agreed with ann coulter? please find a quote that anyone here says that radiation is good for you.
Alex

Newton Center, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

at least a couple of ewe're nukenut buddies said so, like this one from across the pond who said such crap here:
"there are numerous & unrelated bits of evidence that low levwel radiation is actually beneficial to health"
at--> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-brattleb...
MrBurns

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Alex wrote:
at least a couple of ewe're nukenut buddies said so, like this one from across the pond who said such crap here:
"there are numerous & unrelated bits of evidence that low levwel radiation is actually beneficial to health"
at--> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-brattleb...
Cool, you quoted a person who has veery little posts and from a few years ago. Now seing how ann coulter said her statement after him, how did this answer my question?
Dancing

Stockbridge, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

If you don't want to fine them for illegal trespass, then at least bust them for holding, using and distribution of controlled substances!
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Try as you will to play fast , loose , slipshod with facts (what am I thinkin' you are the guys who think crashing towers are okay ), that nuclear disaster had reprussions that will be going on for years , if not generations.

The collectors and buying clients may decide in the future that it is worth the risks or the risk assessments are neglible, in the big picture .

I do not have a crystal ball, so I cannot make predictions. I will say though you people DO NOT know squat (hows that more in your verbal vernacular ) about businesses that are dealing with the fall out.

Insult, distract , attempt to demean , change the subject that cannot change the facts . The facts are your industry is dangerous to man , woman, children ,animals , enviroment and objects .

You guys are dangerous to everything . The problem and the difference with your industry and others is you have opened new territories of danger we can't even fathom the consequences.

That is a fact .

Today I shall try kitty litter , garlic , lemon juice , vinegar , and baking soda to remove toxic materials.
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

I do not lie.

More important Ann Coulter is not only a nut , she is very unfortunate looking .
Cover Up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Hows that for changing the subject from your unfortunate nuclear plant to her unfortunate looks .
I Know More Than You

Troy, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

The collectors and buying clients may decide in the future that it is worth the risks or the risk assessments are neglible, in the big picture .
The glass collection you whined about never went to Japan. Therefore, it is impossible for it to have been stigmatized you moron.
Today I shall try kitty litter , garlic , lemon juice , vinegar , and baking soda to remove toxic materials.
Try drinking Drano, I heard that will clean you right out.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Cover Up wrote:
I do not lie.
More important Ann Coulter is not only a nut , she is very unfortunate looking .
Those old bags arrested at Vermont Yankee were also very unfortunate looking; to say the least.
Impatient

South Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Will they give it up when they are finally in nursing homes? Or will they be ranting down the hallways when everyone else is trying to sleep?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Newfane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Bittersweet Memories Bakery Cafe Aug 11 Wardsborocabin 2
Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug 11 Bob Story 4
Fukushima Worsening!-Thank Nuketards 4Ruining E... (Aug '13) Aug 7 Reactor Fuel Exposed 106
Man subdued during break Aug 7 JewsAgainstZionis... 2
A Christian Plot for Domination (Aug '11) Aug 5 A Symbol Of Hope 1,200
Putney Village Pizza: Now serving Turkish food Aug 4 God Wants IsraHEL... 3
Local artists reflect on Gaza conflict Aug 4 JewsAgainstZionis... 1

Search the Newfane Forum:
•••

Newfane News Video

•••
•••

Newfane Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000