|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

here's the article from the Joliet Herald:

Two cut in bar fight

NEW LENOX -- Two people were hospitalized after reportedly being stabbed in a bar fight early Sunday.
Deputy Chief Robert Pawlisz said police were called shortly before 12:30 a.m. to the Pit Stop Bar and Tavern, 225 E. Maple St.

"There was an argument between some acquaintances who have had an existing dispute that turned physical," he said.

According to reports, a 48-year-old woman and 39-year-old man were both "cut with a knife" and were taken to Silver Cross Hospital by the New Lenox Fire Department. Both were treated and released.

Veronica Gonzales , 29, of Joliet, was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery, and a knife was seized when she was taken into custody, Pawlisz said.
Harry

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Alls well that ends well....
SSDD

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

Typical Mexican
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

They were fighting over those excellent bar chips served at the "Pit". Cha Cha Cha. That place is awesome!
not solved yet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2010

Judged:

I heard the police had a trrible time solving this one. No dental records available and the DNA is all the same.
damn

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2010

Judged:

i knew this person pretty well. i used to work with her. i always knew she was a little crazy and out there; but she was still nice and had a good heart deep inside her' still i didn't know she would snap this bad. it was due to some relationship problems; some guy she dated and he cheated on her or something like that. it was retarded but oh well...
realist

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Aren't there enough bars in Joliet to hang out at?
realist

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Maybe she stopped in for a drink after she found out that Walmart wasn't open.
Funny

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Good one Realist! Totally agree you don't need a full set of teeth to get into the Pit Stop just GED or less
Realistically

Rolling Meadows, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Judged:

That place needs to be ripped down.....that whole side of the street, from BP on....what a dump!!!
thevictimof violence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

Judged:

I am the victim of that crime. Veronica Gonzalez was a stalker that would not let the guy go. She stalked him constantly and texted him like a crazy woman. I am the one that caught her stabbing him. It is my duty as a caring human to defend the abused. She didn't like that I pulled her off of him and decided to cut me too. She is insane. Does anyone here want to bail her Out? Still after 1 month she rots in The Will County Inn for Creeps and criminals. She also has an outstanding Battery case against her for beating up a bartender at another local establishment.. The NLPD has done an excellent job in their investigation. They have all of my praise. And no It's not The pit Stops fault. She frequented all pubs in New Lenox. She was also a hostess at the LA cafe. I wonder what any one of you outstanding citizens woud do in the same circumstance. Most likely the majority of you would not be Man enough to defend one that is being abused. I have many friends at the Pit Stop. They are all hard working people like myself. Bad people can walk trhough the doors of any establishment. There is no screening process to determine who should and shouldn't be allowed to enter any establishment. This could have happened anywhere. She was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. Too bad she chose to be a violent felon and not a Mother to her children.
thevictimof violence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

Judged:

Unincorporated wrote:
They were fighting over those excellent bar chips served at the "Pit". Cha Cha Cha. That place is awesome!
Shame on you for your callous attitude. I would expect more from you.
Unincorporated

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

This name is hereby retired.
George

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Judged:

thevictimof violence wrote:
I am the victim of that crime. Veronica Gonzalez was a stalker that would not let the guy go. She stalked him constantly and texted him like a crazy woman. I am the one that caught her stabbing him. It is my duty as a caring human to defend the abused. She didn't like that I pulled her off of him and decided to cut me too. She is insane. Does anyone here want to bail her Out? Still after 1 month she rots in The Will County Inn for Creeps and criminals. She also has an outstanding Battery case against her for beating up a bartender at another local establishment.. The NLPD has done an excellent job in their investigation. They have all of my praise. And no It's not The pit Stops fault. She frequented all pubs in New Lenox. She was also a hostess at the LA cafe. I wonder what any one of you outstanding citizens woud do in the same circumstance. Most likely the majority of you would not be Man enough to defend one that is being abused. I have many friends at the Pit Stop. They are all hard working people like myself. Bad people can walk trhough the doors of any establishment. There is no screening process to determine who should and shouldn't be allowed to enter any establishment. This could have happened anywhere. She was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. Too bad she chose to be a violent felon and not a Mother to her children.
Hey Ceg... given your recent posts, it's not hard to see this is you. Certainly the courage matches you! Great job... Hope you're really ok too.
cegliberty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Judged:

I am the victim.I'll be fine. The other victim is healing as well. I really can't figure people out though. Should we close every establishment that bad people go into? If so we would have nothing left open around here. Trouble can happen anywhere and while it is unfortunate that this ever happened, I am thankful that God placed me there at that moment in time. If not the other victim would be dead. Thank you for your concern.
George

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Judged:

Well, we certainly can't listen to whiners in life. In this example, I too have seen people out here slam the Pit and I chuckled. Hey, it is different and it does look divey right? But it's like your old favorite recliner. It's broke in just right, comfortable and it works. My best friend and I spent ten years trying to out do one another in finding the divest Country Bar. It was our thing... Trust me, we found plenty. The last one we found was near 95th and Keane. I entered the place cracking up inside, used the mens room and there was a rotted hole in the floor that you could see the ground through. I tossed my jacket on the wall mounted coat hanger and it ripped right out of the wall. I looked at my buddy and I told him ok, I give up, you win. This indeed is the divest Country bar there is. We hung there for the next ten years and befriended dozens and dozens of good people. At one point their female bar tender had more tattoo's than teeth. Yet we all loved her just the same because she was really nice. It became like Cheers to us, everyone knew everyone. There (literally) were millionaires in grubby country wear and there were low level folks as well. No one cared. I have never been inside the Pit, but listening to you I know what kind of people are there. If they are half what you are, it's a terrific place. Who cares what whiners say right?
Cegs Bloomers

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Judged:

cegliberty wrote:
I am the victim.I'll be fine. The other victim is healing as well. I really can't figure people out though. Should we close every establishment that bad people go into? If so we would have nothing left open around here. Trouble can happen anywhere and while it is unfortunate that this ever happened, I am thankful that God placed me there at that moment in time. If not the other victim would be dead. Thank you for your concern.
You don't sound too bright to me. Anyone who jumps into the middle of a domestic dispute must have a screw loose somewhere. There is a reason they send two cop cars out on those types of calls.

Another black mark for the Pit Stop.
cegliberty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Judged:

And you My friend would be one of the cowards that would stand by and do nothing. Not surprising at all given that you would use my name as your own. Another Black Mark for you chump Coward. Too bad it wasn't you that she was stalking and stabbing...In that case I would have let her finish the job. The world as well as New Lenox would be a better place without you scumbag.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the New Lenox Forum right now

Search the New Lenox Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Development in front of Wal Mart 1 hr Former Resident 6
Lazy Union Protesters 1 hr Former Resident 6
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr truth 48,928
School'n Hold On For Fun 5 hr Really 87
Across RT 30 from Target 6 hr No way 24
Trouble with NL Teachers 6 hr No way 24
Lifting America up by raising the wage floor 14 hr Leave already 50
•••
•••
•••
•••

New Lenox Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••