Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
huh

Natchitoches, LA

#1 Jul 13, 2007
You read in so many of the posts where people say that things don't show up in The Natchitoches Times. Have any of you making the statements written to the editor?
Use to work there

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 13, 2007
It would not matter. They have their own agenda.
buzz

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jul 13, 2007
The Natchitoches Times is a waste of 50 cents. If you are into reading history it's alright. If you want to find out the news before anybody else all you have to do is stop on Texas Street next to the underpass across from Texas St Groc. They are up on everything happening in Natchitoches.
just curious

AOL

#4 Jul 13, 2007
Does anyone read the "The Real Views" (is that the name)? I haven't. Is it a "real" paper or more like the Old Natchitoches Times?
Blaze

United States

#5 Jul 13, 2007
They are edited on what they can share with the public...but are pushed to place ads on what such a nice place Natchitoches is to retire in and never anything mentioned about the huge rate of crime, the drugs, the murders that occur and the ones which do occur and are never mentioned as to who was the murderer, such as the one on Fish Hatchtry Road about a year ago. Was that one ever solved?? No one knows!!!!
just curious

AOL

#6 Jul 13, 2007
who is responsible for the editing criteria? Meaning, was that all part of the plan when it started or are they under an obligation by funders or something? can anyone have a newspaper?
Neverthetwainsha llmeet

United States

#7 Jul 13, 2007
I consider 50 cents to be a fair price to pay for a steady supply of my cat's litter box liners.
I C D-Lite

Rosharon, TX

#8 Jul 13, 2007
Neverthetwainshallmeet wrote:
I consider 50 cents to be a fair price to pay for a steady supply of my cat's litter box liners.
LOL! You are on a roll this morning!
Maybe I Am Naive

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jul 13, 2007
just curious wrote:
Does anyone read the "The Real Views" (is that the name)? I haven't. Is it a "real" paper or more like the Old Natchitoches Times?
Not " Real" paper.It has it's own adgenda too!
Neverthetwainsha llmeet

United States

#10 Jul 13, 2007
Exactly what "real" paper/magazine/newscast doesn't have it's own agenda?
concerned citizen

AOL

#11 Jul 13, 2007
The Natchitoches Times does not provide information on what really is going on in town. I buy an out of town published paper so that I can get the news. We are supposed to be able to trust newspapers to give us the news. Obits, recipes, and comics are not the reason I read a newspaper.
A good friend

AOL

#12 Jul 13, 2007
Blaze wrote:
They are edited on what they can share with the public...but are pushed to place ads on what such a nice place Natchitoches is to retire in and never anything mentioned about the huge rate of crime, the drugs, the murders that occur and the ones which do occur and are never mentioned as to who was the murderer, such as the one on Fish Hatchtry Road about a year ago. Was that one ever solved?? No one knows!!!!
Veron, Who knows cause the James kid was murdered and it never hit that paper. It did all around but not the town it happened in. That is disgusting. What are they hiding?
Smiley

United States

#13 Jul 19, 2007
I agree the Times doesn't seem to address any breaking news or controversial issues. We get the same tired opinions that lack research. Why is half the paper about who came to visit with who in the various communities in the parish. Come on times give us at least 50 cents worth or go back to just printing a couple of times a week.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#14 Jul 19, 2007
I actually love to read some of the whining that goes on in the "out-lying" areas, especially of those nice women who write about every ache and pain that they have. Why, if they all got together and carpooled up to LSUMC, they would have plenty of time to plan what they could put in the paper every week.

In addition to that, I love reading articles that were printed in either the Alexandria Town Talk or the Shreveport Times weeks ago. It's almost like the NT tries to find the most absurd things to put in the paper, because they don't want to concern the dear citizens of Natchitoches with the real issues.

Why doesn't someone start an underground paper? Probably because we get more information about things going on in town from outside of town, or from this forum. This is actually a lot cheaper (and much more fun) than reading the paper that is only best used as liner for a dog pen.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#16 Jul 20, 2007
Well, I suppose that if it didn't focus only on the black community, I would. And before everyone gets on their high horse about me saying something racists, it isn't. I don't live in a black community. They have different issues that they want to talk about. The NT is more or less a paper run by Frankenstien at the head of city government. The only way that we, the people of Natchitoches Parish, get any news is to read from something that isn't published here. Thanks, Isacc, for offering a suggestion.
texasgirl

AOL

#17 Jul 20, 2007
Use to work there wrote:
It would not matter. They have their own agenda.
I say go back to twice a week and MAYBE they will have something to print.
easily ammused

Denver, CO

#18 May 18, 2008
how many ppl readin this paper forum care if ur post is racist lol

Since: May 08

Atlanta, GA

#19 May 18, 2008
wow it took you 10 months to reply to that - lol
LittleOldLady

United States

#20 May 23, 2008
The NT does what local papers do in smaller markets...print what promotes the area. The reader relies on regional newspapers or other media for the "hard news". I agree that there should be honest reporting of local events, warts and all, but I think we actually do get more than the bashes posted on this site would imply. All media has its bias, and we are naive not to think otherwise. That is why we read and think critically and must teach our young people to do the same.
Misty Lane

Palo Alto, CA

#21 May 23, 2008
I love this place

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Petula LaCour Big Fat Wide Nasty Built A** 1 hr momo 3
James Smith. scooter smith 1 hr crystal 2
Rue 21 manager got beat? 1 hr crystal 2
NCHS Does anyone know what happened today? 1 hr ali 116
tamesha turner 1 hr NAT TOWN 1
Brittany Bush Bad Square Nasty Built A** 1 hr okkk 2
go after jobs! immediate termination! 2 hr citizen 3
who gives da best head n nat town? 19 hr okkk 49
•••
•••