Cane River Creole

May 21, 2011 Full story: The Advocate 606

Baton Rouge features artifacts on loan from Cane River National Historic Park, as well as other sources, in its exhibit The World of Cane River Creole: Rural Life in Natchitoches Parish.

Full Story
Creole Cutie

Natchitoches, LA

#629 Mar 2, 2012
Frenchy wrote:
Your sorta hypocritical. I've known plenty of Creole peoples threw the years and none talk this way. Maybe, it's something that's done privately . I noticed you brought up to candidates for mayor as a comparison . That's such an insult to every person of color reading your HATE messages. I tend to believe your truly a fat ass bitch . What has your precious Creoles accomplished? Maybe you should stick with that and stop trying to lower others in order to raise yourself. Worst comes to worst and a race war breaks out, whitey will call you the same names they call Obama, Osama and your colored great grandma. Sorry, I had too put it in that manner but your ignorant and self centered!
And you claim to know creole people, but do you think they would be happy about the slanderous comments you made on here. You told me once before you posted all these things to prove Creole people hate black people, yet you saw you have know Creoles who don't think that way. Sounds to me like your the hypocrit, talking out of your ass, as usual. Like I said, get your shit straight before you trading it to me!! You continue to contradict yoursel--------
Frenchy

United States

#630 Mar 2, 2012
Creole Cutie wrote:
<quoted text>And you claim to know creole people, but do you think they would be happy about the slanderous comments you made on here. You told me once before you posted all these things to prove Creole people hate black people, yet you saw you have know Creoles who don't think that way. Sounds to me like your the hypocrit, talking out of your ass, as usual. Like I said, get your shit straight before you trading it to me!! You continue to contradict yoursel--------
I've never told you anything. You accuse me and everyone else of being some person you had a confrontation. That's far from being true. Yes, I know plenty of Creole people and we don't have conversations about race, period. Stop assuming!
Bull_S

Natchitoches, LA

#631 Mar 2, 2012
Frenchy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never told you anything. You accuse me and everyone else of being some person you had a confrontation. That's far from being true. Yes, I know plenty of Creole people and we don't have conversations about race, period. Stop assuming!
I know you're the same person from day one that started these negative posts on this thread. I can tell because you use the same insults. You've tried to call me fat before but I'm so sorry to burst your bubble. I'm not over weight at all and most certainly out of your league. Maybe I will use a new name and post insults like you do! Let's start with this one: BITCH!! I think that's a nice start. Get over yourself. Do something useful for a change, instead of changing your name.
Round 2

Natchitoches, LA

#632 Mar 2, 2012
The person who was Logan, Rumpelstilskin, Frenchy, and whatever else can eat a dick and die!! How do u like the insults? Does it make you feel good? Do you see how pointless your endeavor really is? You have proved nothing to anyone except the fact that you are insane, nothing further!!
Frenchy

United States

#633 Mar 2, 2012
Bull_S wrote:
<quoted text>I know you're the same person from day one that started these negative posts on this thread. I can tell because you use the same insults. You've tried to call me fat before but I'm so sorry to burst your bubble. I'm not over weight at all and most certainly out of your league. Maybe I will use a new name and post insults like you do! Let's start with this one: BITCH!! I think that's a nice start. Get over yourself. Do something useful for a change, instead of changing your name.
Lol... I feel great knowing that the same things you have said were given back to you now your bitching and whining. You attacked every black person yet I only attack you. So, your anxiety is up and wish death across board. Lol... don't cry, dry your eyes! So, how civil are you now? How educated are now? How creditable are you now? I'll catch up with your drunk ass next week. It's the weekend and I have to catch up with Creole Cutie. Lol... you didn't know. Lol.... nothing you say or will say bothers me. Threats of death and playing childish games means nothing. At the end of the day, we're all the same . You can let hatred and drunk ass tantrums dictate your life but I limit myself not because of what you believe or think. Lol.... go lay down. Lol...go lay down! Lol...busters!
Creole cutie

Natchitoches, LA

#635 Mar 3, 2012
Frenchy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... I feel great knowing that the same things you have said were given back to you now your bitching and whining. You attacked every black person yet I only attack you. So, your anxiety is up and wish death across board. Lol... don't cry, dry your eyes! So, how civil are you now? How educated are now? How creditable are you now? I'll catch up with your drunk ass next week. It's the weekend and I have to catch up with Creole Cutie. Lol... you didn't know. Lol.... nothing you say or will say bothers me. Threats of death and playing childish games means nothing. At the end of the day, we're all the same . You can let hatred and drunk ass tantrums dictate your life but I limit myself not because of what you believe or think. Lol.... go lay down. Lol...go lay down! Lol...busters!
You attack me and all Creole people but what you don't understand is that I've been conversing with u on this thread for a while. Once I figure oh who you really are, you will get to know the real creole cutie. And I can't wait to show you exactly who you've been talking shit to and make you eat every word. That's a promise!
NOLA Creole

United States

#636 Mar 3, 2012
There is ignorance on both sides of this argument. Creole is being thrown around from every side, and neither side knows what it is talking about. "Creole" is applied to many things. It is not made up, and was first used by French speaking natives of the colony after the Spanish took control. From Criollo, and implies things of the colony, not of the "Mother Country" in Europe. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with race, or any mixture of, and that is where it ends. People for whatever reasons, "Creoles of Color" left Louisiana in the early 20th century, most likely because of this same ignorant shit on this thread, and when they were elsewhere in the country, and described themselves as "Creole", it came to be understood as mixed. Meanwhile, back home in Louisiana, as French language and culture was in the final death throws, due to US influences, "Creole" fell out of fashion with those of French decent...who...like most of my family...just used the term French instead. So, when these "Creoles of Color" come back to the area, a couple generations removed, the term comes back with them, and is used to denote their racial composition.

At the end of the day, if you like any food, music, or other cultural offering, native to Louisiana, then you like "Creole" things. If you hate Creole, then never eat Gumbo, Etouffee, or Jambalaya again. Don't listen to Zydeco, Jazz, or celebrate Mardi Gras, and don't display a Fleur de Lis anywhere.

Otherwise, get over yourselves.
Truth

Arlington, TX

#637 Mar 3, 2012
NOLA Creole wrote:
There is ignorance on both sides of this argument. Creole is being thrown around from every side, and neither side knows what it is talking about. "Creole" is applied to many things. It is not made up, and was first used by French speaking natives of the colony after the Spanish took control. From Criollo, and implies things of the colony, not of the "Mother Country" in Europe. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with race, or any mixture of, and that is where it ends. People for whatever reasons, "Creoles of Color" left Louisiana in the early 20th century, most likely because of this same ignorant shit on this thread, and when they were elsewhere in the country, and described themselves as "Creole", it came to be understood as mixed. Meanwhile, back home in Louisiana, as French language and culture was in the final death throws, due to US influences, "Creole" fell out of fashion with those of French decent...who...like most of my family...just used the term French instead. So, when these "Creoles of Color" come back to the area, a couple generations removed, the term comes back with them, and is used to denote their racial composition.
At the end of the day, if you like any food, music, or other cultural offering, native to Louisiana, then you like "Creole" things. If you hate Creole, then never eat Gumbo, Etouffee, or Jambalaya again. Don't listen to Zydeco, Jazz, or celebrate Mardi Gras, and don't display a Fleur de Lis anywhere.
Yes, you are correct.

In South Louisiana, people who are a mixture of white and french are called acadians, which was shortened to cajuns. People who are a mixture of black and french are called creoles. I can remember my grandparents and parents referring to people as cajuns or creoles.

Grandma Dartez (cajun) always said that the cooking is very close for most dishs, however creole gumbo is usually cooked using a thin or watery rioux. Whereas cajun gumbo is cooked using a dark brown or thick rioux. The taste is very much the same. The consistency (thick or thin) of the liquid is the only difference.
STFU

Cypress, TX

#638 Mar 3, 2012
Creole Cutie wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't always have the last word, regardless of how many times you change your name! You have no valid point and I won't let you continue to spread your racist banter without checking your punk ass on it!! Why don't you STFU and it would really end!!!!
Checking my punk azz bee-och u say your are not BLACK so don't try and talk like u all hood whore. Go f#^k your cousin and downgrade your gene pool!!! Keep responding and prove my point that u are a worthless slut who sits on her fat azz all day talking shit on forums. GET A JOB!!!
Foolish

United States

#639 Mar 3, 2012
NOLA Creole wrote:

Still posting half truths. I want even go into all these inaccuracies but I will say, ignorance surely didn't miss you. Music, food...dance ? Lol.... trying to change facts to suit your position is ignorant. Save it Prelle !
Creole Cutie

Dallas, TX

#640 Mar 3, 2012
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
Checking my punk azz bee-och u say your are not BLACK so don't try and talk like u all hood whore. Go f#^k your cousin and downgrade your gene pool!!! Keep responding and prove my point that u are a worthless slut who sits on her fat azz all day talking shit on forums. GET A JOB!!!
Oh no bitch!! Black is one of the things that makes me awesome!! And when I catch ur punk ass, I'm going to fuck u up!! I keep telling you, I know I'm black, among everything else. But I have always been told, by blacks and whites that I'm different. Y? Because I'm creole!! That's the point! But if you keep bashing my people due to your ignorance, then you will see me one day. Believe that!
Creole Cutie

Dallas, TX

#641 Mar 3, 2012
Foolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Still posting half truths. I want even go into all these inaccuracies but I will say, ignorance surely didn't miss you. Music, food...dance ? Lol.... trying to change facts to suit your position is ignorant. Save it Prelle !
Oh no, I know the person that you claimed to be prelle and she knows what we are as well. So get over yourself jackass!
Blackman

Dallas, TX

#642 Mar 4, 2012
Im black man my dad is creole so wut they r a beautiful race I don't care how u look at it I claim black I love my people ALL PEOPLE

Coushatta baby
Blackman

Dallas, TX

#643 Mar 4, 2012
I love creole women
Rumpelstiltskin

United States

#644 Mar 5, 2012
Well, I'm not going too contribute to this discussion anymore. Whether you know it or not, all of us have a mutual enemy that moved back to La. Once he got out of prison. When I say all, I mean Creole, Black, White, Asian, Mexican...etc. So as we prepare for this war I can't divert energy into race or who is what or not. It doesn't change anything and doesn't make sense. Be well people's, I'll catch you on the front lines . Peace!
Creole cutie

Natchitoches, LA

#645 Mar 5, 2012
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
Well, I'm not going too contribute to this discussion anymore. Whether you know it or not, all of us have a mutual enemy that moved back to La. Once he got out of prison. When I say all, I mean Creole, Black, White, Asian, Mexican...etc. So as we prepare for this war I can't divert energy into race or who is what or not. It doesn't change anything and doesn't make sense. Be well people's, I'll catch you on the front lines . Peace!
So you finally realized how pointless it was for you to be a racist! Glad you finally opened you eyes.
Rumpelstiltskin

Natchitoches, LA

#646 Mar 5, 2012
Creole cutie wrote:
<quoted text>So you finally realized how pointless it was for you to be a racist! Glad you finally opened you eyes.
Lol...okay. I'll agree to disagree. As far as being a racist, I never have been nor will I set claim to it. If you would like to think of me as a racist, that's your choice but it still doesn't make it true. You as well as many others here made statements about people that are black so maybe you should open your eyes. I exchange word for word with you to show that it's all subjective and really not accurate of all people. You as well as myself are individuals with different likes and dislikes. If you want to appear right about the back and forward between us than once again it's your choice. I've said my peace so I'm moving on to something that really affects us all. At the end of the day, we're all Gods children and creation. So if some wish to think they can be peaceful souls but dislike people because of some silly reasons, it's not my job or responsibility to change their mines. I don't get the self righteous post when every single person here has placed a tag or label on each other. Why not just agree rather than try to assume your correct? Either way, have at it!
Creole Cutie

Natchitoches, LA

#647 Mar 6, 2012
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...okay. I'll agree to disagree. As far as being a racist, I never have been nor will I set claim to it. If you would like to think of me as a racist, that's your choice but it still doesn't make it true. You as well as many others here made statements about people that are black so maybe you should open your eyes. I exchange word for word with you to show that it's all subjective and really not accurate of all people. You as well as myself are individuals with different likes and dislikes. If you want to appear right about the back and forward between us than once again it's your choice. I've said my peace so I'm moving on to something that really affects us all. At the end of the day, we're all Gods children and creation. So if some wish to think they can be peaceful souls but dislike people because of some silly reasons, it's not my job or responsibility to change their mines. I don't get the self righteous post when every single person here has placed a tag or label on each other. Why not just agree rather than try to assume your correct? Either way, have at it!
Well you have made some disgusting comments about Creoles on here. I made a comment that I wish the Black Communtiy was not docile and make our place in North and Central LA. They powers at be would love to not see that happen. So I push everyday for advancement. But if you read over the comments you have posted about Creoles, it's just disgusting! So I'm not sure how you can disagree with me viewing you as a racist. You called me so many imbreeds, zebras, and everything in between. I never attacked you for being black, just for being a dickhead about ur obvious resentment towards my people. So yes, I find you to be racist and you should move away from that line of thinking. It's archaic and unproductive. It causes much more damage than the help you claimed to be seeking. No one needs you to point out biggotry if you are seeking to move past it! Just get over it!!
Truth

Arlington, TX

#648 Mar 15, 2012
If you are a creole then you are part black and part white. French people are catagorized as white or caucasion. Since you are part black you are
considered a negro ar as I am sure you would like to refer to it as african american.
Pepe Le Pew

Natchitoches, LA

#649 Mar 15, 2012
Truth wrote:
French people are catagorized as white or caucasion.
Nationality is not based upon the color of your skin. Not all black people come from Uganda, and not all oriental people come from China. What color are you if you come from the country of South Africa? Have you ever heard of Alexandre Dumas? Probably not or you wouldn’t have made such an ignorant remark about the French. Not all Frenchmen are white.

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walmart 1 hr comment 5
Bianca Smith 3 hr TeaSpillah 105
Free Marriage Counseling? 4 hr So Happy Now 4
i want to break in your house and steal everyth... 4 hr hey 4
Charles Ratliff 6 hr we stick together 28
Drake and Richard pryor 6 hr eyebrows 1
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 7 hr Not Landrieu 4,221
Black Friday is RASIST! (Nov '09) 10 hr What 185
Natchitoches Dating
Find my Match

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Natchitoches News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Natchitoches

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:12 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:12AM
Clowney could miss another game for Texans
ESPN10:50 AM
Texans' Clowney has 'a lot of pain' in knee
Bleacher Report11:29 AM
Texans' Clowney Has 'A Lot of Pain' in Knee
Bleacher Report 8:38 PM
Most Crucial Matchups in Steelers' Contest vs. Saints
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?