Ancient Scout

Natchitoches, LA

#21 Jul 8, 2012
uggh wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity is YOU...its not the ownership change thats bad, its the menu change. Why couldn't he leave the food the same? Nothing to do with ownership. DUH.
I too liked many items on Antoon's menu. With that said, the answer to your question is obvious. On any given Friday or Saturday night Antoons was about 50% capacity, if that. This past Friday and Saturday night Sea and Sirloin (Front Street) was packed with waiting lines of 15 min. minimum.

I would suggest you talk to Mr. White and request that he brings back some of the items on Antoon's menu. If you do that, ask him to bring back the Seafood Lasanga.
A customer today

Little Rock, AR

#22 Jul 8, 2012
If it ain't broke don't fix it. S & S is wonderful. Menu is great. Go elsewhere if you don't like it uggh. Try McDonalds. I understand their menu varies.
ugghh

Sachse, TX

#23 Jul 8, 2012
Ancient Scout wrote:
<quoted text>
I too liked many items on Antoon's menu. With that said, the answer to your question is obvious. On any given Friday or Saturday night Antoons was about 50% capacity, if that. This past Friday and Saturday night Sea and Sirloin (Front Street) was packed with waiting lines of 15 min. minimum.
I would suggest you talk to Mr. White and request that he brings back some of the items on Antoon's menu. If you do that, ask him to bring back the Seafood Lasanga.
But, as stated previously, EVERY restaurant that opens is packed, in the beginning. Only time will tell....
ugghh

Sachse, TX

#24 Jul 8, 2012
By the way, good idea about asking him to bring some items back.....
Man Spider

Robeline, LA

#25 Jul 8, 2012
ugghh wrote:
By the way, good idea about asking him to bring some items back.....
I was in there a few weeks ago and heard the new owner's wife say people could take thier azz somehwere else for pasta, they were only serving what s&s serves. So good luck with that.
Worker

Robeline, LA

#26 Jul 8, 2012
Man Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in there a few weeks ago and heard the new owner's wife say people could take thier azz somehwere else for pasta, they were only serving what s&s serves. So good luck with that.
Was it open a few weeks ago?
Kiss Off

United States

#27 Jul 8, 2012
Who cares. You eat then shit it out. All the rest in cosmetics. No different then any other!
Man Spider

Robeline, LA

#28 Jul 8, 2012
Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it open a few weeks ago?
Before it changed hands they were in the bar area going over things one evening. Soemone they know asked them that very question and that was her response.
Fisherwoman

Natchitoches, LA

#29 Jul 8, 2012
Went there last night!!!!! Can't wait to go back! Everyone should go and support Mr Antoon and Mr. White! Thanks for coming to Natchitoches.
hmmmm

United States

#30 Jul 8, 2012
Why are you people trying to make it sound like eating at S&S makes Johnny Antoon money? It's a LEASE.....he gets money for however long the lease is. If S&S does not make ut there, another place will. I think S&S will do just fine, quit misleading the damn public!!!!!
FOODIE

Bunkie, LA

#31 Jul 8, 2012
Man Spider wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope this is not true... Because if it is, I will not do business with someone that has kind of attitude. I plan on trying to find out if this really happened. Again, I hope she did not say this :(
metoo

United States

#32 Jul 9, 2012
FOODIE wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope this is not true... Because if it is, I will not do business with someone that has kind of attitude. I plan on trying to find out if this really happened. Again, I hope she did not say this :(
I also wonder if it's true. Johnny Antoon would have NEVER said something like that. He went out if his way to ensure his customers got what they wanted. That is why he was so successful. This is what sets him apart from others, his genuine friendliness and caring attitude toward his customers. If the new woman DID say that, her attitude will indeed get in the way of success. Mr. Johnny's customers will not put up with it. I, too, hope it's not true. If its not, and she is genuine and caring, the she will reap the rewards. But if it is, sooner or later people will see through her.
Gourmand

Natchitoches, LA

#33 Jul 9, 2012
Hmm. I see. Quality, reasonably priced, competently served food in natchitoches, with menu choices that help you avoid heart disease.

Yours truly will have to make a visit soon to investigate.
A customer today

Little Rock, AR

#34 Jul 9, 2012
metoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I also wonder if it's true. Johnny Antoon would have NEVER said something like that. He went out if his way to ensure his customers got what they wanted. That is why he was so successful. This is what sets him apart from others, his genuine friendliness and caring attitude toward his customers. If the new woman DID say that, her attitude will indeed get in the way of success. Mr. Johnny's customers will not put up with it. I, too, hope it's not true. If its not, and she is genuine and caring, the she will reap the rewards. But if it is, sooner or later people will see through her.
I can almost guarantee you she did NOT say that. Someone is out there trying to sabatage the restaurant. I wonder which other restaurant owner is doing this? I have eaten there and the food was exceptional. Nothing has changed and I like that.
Merci Beau Coup, Lasayone's Papa's, The Landing and the other restaurants need to change up their menu. Same old same O. We need a place with a variety of salads. I love the S & S salad bar. It is small but better than anything else the other's have to offer. And if you don't want fried you can get grilled. There is something for everyone.
crop dusting sufferer

Natchitoches, LA

#35 Jul 9, 2012
Fisherwoman wrote:
Went there last night!!!!! Can't wait to go back! Everyone should go and support Mr Antoon and Mr. White! Thanks for coming to Natchitoches.
Yeah, I went there the other night, and the food was good. The only complaint I have is with this older customer (with his really short wife) that kept going off on these rants about “Obozo” and how someone is destroying America. Now I know everyone has an opinion, but my real problem was this guy’s extremely gassy disposition. Everyone breaks wind from time to time, but this guy was working on breaking the Guinness World Record. I mean really, does he have to pollute the whole restaurant while people are eating? It makes me wonder what that guy has been eating.
Man Spider

Baton Rouge, LA

#36 Jul 9, 2012
A customer today wrote:
<quoted text>
I can almost guarantee you she did NOT say that. Someone is out there trying to sabatage the restaurant. I wonder which other restaurant owner is doing this? I have eaten there and the food was exceptional. Nothing has changed and I like that.
Merci Beau Coup, Lasayone's Papa's, The Landing and the other restaurants need to change up their menu. Same old same O. We need a place with a variety of salads. I love the S & S salad bar. It is small but better than anything else the other's have to offer. And if you don't want fried you can get grilled. There is something for everyone.
I don't care if you belive me or not. I don't care about the restaurant in fact. But the woman and her husband were in the bar area going over plans or layouts with someone when another person they knew asked if they were keeping some of the pasta dishes and those were her exact words. On a Tuesday night about a month or so ago.

For the record I do think another fried seafood place in town is a bit overkill. I think we now have more fried seafood/chicken places per capita than any other town in the country. YAY for us!!!
TheReasonWhy

Natchitoches, LA

#37 Jul 9, 2012
crop dusting sufferer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I went there the other night, and the food was good. The only complaint I have is with this older customer (with his really short wife) that kept going off on these rants about “Obozo” and how someone is destroying America. Now I know everyone has an opinion, but my real problem was this guy’s extremely gassy disposition. Everyone breaks wind from time to time, but this guy was working on breaking the Guinness World Record. I mean really, does he have to pollute the whole restaurant while people are eating? It makes me wonder what that guy has been eating.
This is why in the previous century, dinnertime conversation was either pleasant and edifying or purposely non-existent. All that talking causes people to swallow air and then you have that flatulence situation with some folks, and those are usually the very folks so enamored of their own opinion of the world they can't stop and notice that they are offending others. I guess that's where the term "old windbag" comes from. People talking so much and swallowing all that air. Shoot, it's gotta go somewhere.
hmmmm

Bunkie, LA

#38 Jul 9, 2012
Mariners by far has a better salad bar than the new Sea and Sirloin. While the new place is not bad, fried fish is fried fish. Again, it wasn't bad. But I liked Antoon's better. At least the building isn't vacant, though.
Just Shaking My Damn Head

United States

#39 Jul 10, 2012
uggh wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity is YOU...its not the ownership change thats bad, its the menu change. Why couldn't he leave the food the same? Nothing to do with ownership. DUH.

You damn idiot. Do you seriously think that this man would have ever leased this building had there been a big fat clause in the lease stating that the menu had to remain the same??? For the love of God and all things Holy, crawl your dumb ass back into the hole you crawled out of!
Come On Man

Bossier City, LA

#40 Jul 10, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
Why are you people trying to make it sound like eating at S&S makes Johnny Antoon money? It's a LEASE.....he gets money for however long the lease is. If S&S does not make ut there, another place will. I think S&S will do just fine, quit misleading the damn public!!!!!
I believe you just proved yourself wrong. "he gets money", and that is the point. The fact is that even if Mr. John had leased the building to McDonalds (heaven forbid), he would still be making money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Natchitoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lashatte Allan Blake 20 min ImReady 3
Black Preachers for Hire 41 min Rollover 4
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 54 min Not Landrieu 4,153
Who all got STD's from richard over in BHP 56 min u aint heard it f... 5
Ebonee Black Good At Giving Head? (Jan '13) 1 hr comment 19
Stacy Valentine 1 hr Adam 1
room or condo for the festival? 2 hr texie 1
Natchitoches High School and Nikki Smith 3 hr IJS 7
Natchitoches HS teacher arrested for sexual con... 6 hr whoever 2
Natchitoches Dating
Find my Match

Natchitoches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Natchitoches News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Natchitoches