Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Judged:

This evening I dined at Ricks Place in Veronawalk in Naples. Its a restaurant in a gated community a friend resides in. I do not know the fees in the community, but its quite well manicured, and the homes are very nice. The restaurant during diner time was very dark inside. Most of the lights were off. I waited almost 20 minutes to obtain a menu. The restaurant was not filled at all, and in fact had very few customers. not only was the service bad, the food was terrible. Once finally served no one asked about the quality of our diner, nor returned to get a drink order. I have no idea why the residents tolerate this service. The prices were on par with any other local restaurant, and I shall never return to this one.
go somewhere else

Lehigh Acres, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Judged:

Not worth the time.
Good thing it's in a gated community, to protect the general public.
Angry as hell

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Judged:

The operator is a tenant and they have asked each home be assessed $10 a month to be redeemed in food. If the damn food was any good, and the fat basted owner didn't sweat in my soup I might be willing to pay it. Say NO to unfair assessments. We deserve a decent restaurant, not he dump we have now. They pay no rent, yet have the balls to ask for thousands a month. Just say NO.
Fred

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Judged:

Why doesn't the home owners association operate the restaurant and hire a manager to run it? Many gated communities do that, and it keeps the profits at home.If you have a bad chef, you replace him. Its a lot easier them fighting with vendors. Ive eaten at Ricks Place. I'm a Veronawalk homeowner. All of the above is true. Its time for a change, hopefully for the better. I cant wait for our March 8th association meeting.
Angry as hell

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2011

Judged:

We now have a woman picketing the restaurant. real good for our image, lets evict the pigs running the place and get a real restaurant in its place.
JUST VOTE NO
Hellen

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

Ive tried to support this restaurant as its in my community. The food, and service is terrible. Its absurd to pay a fee to them. Redeemable or not, they haven't supported us by giving us quality. The last time my husband and I dined there the owner, a large sloppily dressed man sat at our table as if he was a friend. I was appalled, and couldn't wait to leave.
Michael

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

I too have tried to support the restaurant. The food is horrible,and very bad quality. A men's group has lost over half of its members -- well not lost, they just won't attend if Rick's Place is serving breakfast. And that man that visited Hellen tells off color jokes. and now they want ten dollars a month from each of us -- free money. UGH
Malachka

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2011

Judged:

its not a restaurant, its a slop house. They want money, give them an eviction notice.
Walt

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

They have 2/$25 dinners now. A good price, but the food, and service is still sub standard. They had an opportunity for about a year now. Its time to go Rick.
Mim

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

We tried Ricks Place this evening, we haven't been there in a while, and we really didn't care fro the food, or service. It seems they must be in panic mode with a vote coming up. The food wasn't any better, and the service was fair at best. They lowered a few prices, but my chicken marasla was made with chicken nuggets. Everything is offered with pasta, and there's not a veggie in the place.No bread or rolls and stale salad. I will not go back regardless of price. I hate to say this bit our restaurant is a failure. The prior owner, who not many people cared for did a superior job in every aspect.
Paula

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

This morning my husband and I decided to try Ricks restaurant. There were about 5 people having breakfast. After 20 minutes without being asked if we even wanted coffee we went to Hoots. It was a fabulous breakfast. Rick, go to Hoots and observe, see what service and good food really are. I'm sorry, I cannot support your request for funding.
Angry as hell

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

On second thought maybe we should fund the restaurant. Then they can buy clean clothes for the fat bastard waiter they have.
wish to remain annonymous

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

I attended the Ionio Ct.breakfast/brunch gathering today at our communities restaurant, Ricks Place.I usually dont go there as Ive never cared fore the food, or service. I now know why all the very negative postings have been placed here. Not only was the food terrible, the service was almost non existent. Then the proprietors had the audacity to "hustle" the patrons asking their support in voting for their subsidy.I'm not sure of how many homes are currently in Veronawalk, but I know its well over 1000. I was told 1964 at completion.$120 per household multiplied by 1964 equals $235,680.00 per year. This is absurd to say the least.Offer good food, reasonable pricing, and a clean wait staff and just maybe you'll do that much business honestly. My vote is for non subsidy, I'm told they also don't pay rent. If that true, then I'm even more upset. I cant wait for the annual owners meeting to voice my concerns.
Illvoteno

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

I don't think anyone has really thought about the amount of money once you multiply all the homes. Ten dollars a month sounds like nothing, but 235 thousand a year is inanity. There's no incentive for anyone to perform well once they receive over a quarter million dollars annually for doing nothing. Which merchant asks for a subsidy next? I'm with all of the other people that posted here. I say NO WAY .
Illvoteno

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Judged:

They want to have a meeting offering free food. Are they paying for the room? Even residents have to rent it. Don't be fooled by a free sandwich. What store is next to ask for a handout?
They are trying really hard to screw this community up.
Are u kiddin

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

I just found out Ricks is here rent free, as are all the stores. Its simple, good food, good service, and you get customers. This isn't a country club community. I refuse to pay anything to any merchant that's not successful.I go to the mens romeos breakfast every week for a few years. Most of the guys only have coffee, the food is really that bad.Rick, tell us this is a joke, because if its not, get out of dodge, we don't want a looser here to drain us of a quarter million a year. We do not need a gun to our heads to visit a local eatery, we need good food and service, something you just don't have. I hate to tell you this but George is a big pat of your problem, but the damage is done, adios . I wish you luck with your next venture.
Not giving my name

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

As always i went to the mens romeos today. The food is worse then ever. Does anyone know that you give toast, english muffins, bagels with a buffet breakfast.The pancakes usually get syrup, why dont you have any? There was an empty bottle from walmart. No wonder most of the guys only have coffee. You want a quarter million a year? I want a damn bagel, and decent food, decent service, and buy Georg a clean shirt and pants. I also say NO DAMN WAY.
By he way, if I need tires for my car i'll buy 4 pancakes, get the hint Rick.
Not satisified at all

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

We also live at VW and when Rick's first came here -we supported them as much as we could --UNTIL -- the food went down, the prices went up, the whining never stopped, George insulted us and we thought we were the only ones not satisifed! We are so glad there is a vote and a meeting - we need good food and a little politeness??? Yes - it is RENT FREE! We cannot believe how many residents don't know this! Wake up people -
Let's get them out and a new prospect in! I can fling a good pizza!!!!$10 seems minor - it is the $200,000 to support her 5 kids that matters -- get a job!
Not giving my name

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

Not satisified at all wrote:
We also live at VW and when Rick's first came here -we supported them as much as we could --UNTIL -- the food went down, the prices went up, the whining never stopped, George insulted us and we thought we were the only ones not satisifed! We are so glad there is a vote and a meeting - we need good food and a little politeness??? Yes - it is RENT FREE! We cannot believe how many residents don't know this! Wake up people -
Let's get them out and a new prospect in! I can fling a good pizza!!!!$10 seems minor - it is the $200,000 to support her 5 kids that matters -- get a job!
I agree 100%, a quarter million a year will not guarantee good food, or service. George has insulted many residents, I guess he thinks hes being funny. Whats funny is the fat slob dresses like a bum and expects us to frequent the place. rent free, and you want more, get real, get a job, get out of VW George. We deserve not only good food, but respect and dignity.
Dont like fat boy

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

Judged:

I see I'm not the only one fat George has insulted. I really don't recall asking him to join my wife and myself at our dinner table. I also dot recall asking the pig to tell the dirty jokes he does. You want money, earn it fat boy, earn it someplace else, not in Veronawalk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Naples Forum right now

Search the Naples Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr Panamaed 2,929
Review: Air Genie Air Conditioning, Co. (Oct '09) Mon Ray Naples 62
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 27 P Quinn 2,402
Girls who set gopher tortoise on fire arrested Jul 27 Chelsea 1
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Jul 26 The Villager 2 2,065
Homosexuality & Feminism are evil and outside T... Jul 25 fista cuffs 4
Dr. Franklyn V. Beckles, Jr. School Board, a gr... Jul 25 WestCoastLover 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Naples Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Naples People Search