murray ledger & times

Posted in the Murray Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Murray, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2012
The Lecherous Times has buried - or ignored - what should have been front page articles for years. If it might make an advertiser pull the plug on his or her account, or make one of the old (rich) guard of Murray look bad, it's not going to be on the front page.

A few days ago, they had a press release from Fazoli's on the front page.

It's nothing more than an advertisement disguised as "news."
Agree

Murray, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2012
I thought the same thing. Then I remember her cleavage is how she said she got her job there. What a joke of a paper. Sad that's all we have. I bet MSU college paper did better.
Just the facts

Stockbridge, GA

#4 Sep 22, 2012
The Murray Ledger and Times has always put crime and the bad local news on the back page, buried it somewhere else or just didn't print it all together.

That way from an outsiders viewpoint Murray is the perfect, crime free town they want to present.

But, Murray is far from either and the local paper is a joke!!!
Johnny

United States

#5 Sep 22, 2012
Just the facts wrote:
The Murray Ledger and Times has always put crime and the bad local news on the back page, buried it somewhere else or just didn't print it all together.

That way from an outsiders viewpoint Murray is the perfect, crime free town they want to present.

But, Murray is far from either and the local paper is a joke!!!
And if they did the reverse people would complain about it being negative.
Cancel Your Subscription

Sedalia, KY

#6 Sep 22, 2012
You are right. Anything to maintain the reputation of friendliest town. Cancel your subscription and send these people a message. Low circulation means no more Ledger.
Just the facts

Stockbridge, GA

#7 Sep 22, 2012
No... print the news and let the chips fall where they may. You don't have to print it on the front page, but don't not print it either and try to make people believe everything is okay.
it all depends

Murray, KY

#8 Sep 22, 2012
on who you go to dinner with, where you go to church and how much advertising your friends buy.
Cancel Your Subscription

Sedalia, KY

#9 Sep 22, 2012
Just cancel and make them have their little pretty paper in the free stands outside Storey's. The "Thrifty Ledger" has a nice ring to it.
Max

Mayfield, KY

#10 Sep 22, 2012
Cancel Your Subscription wrote:
Just cancel and make them have their little pretty paper in the free stands outside Storey's. The "Thrifty Ledger" has a nice ring to it.
I moved here 13 years ago and even then it was so confusing when people would call Food Giant Story's instead. Was Story's such an amazing store that people have trouble letting it go? I'm going to refer to Tom's Grill as Shoney's from now on.
Cancel Your Subscription

Sedalia, KY

#11 Sep 22, 2012
Maybe you should call Murray Home and Auto IGA.
Or maybe you should call JC Penney Kmart. Or maybe
you should call Office Depot Walmart. Or maybe you
should call Lowes a field. Or maybe you should call yourself an idiot for moving here.
Anonymous

Madisonville, KY

#12 Sep 22, 2012
It is story's food giant
Max

Mayfield, KY

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
It is story's food giant
No it's just Food Giant. It's owned by the same company as the one in Mayfield and the one in Reidland. Story has been out the picture for over a decade.
So Sorry

Mayfield, KY

#14 Sep 22, 2012
Chuck has been one of the biggest contributor to the paper. Advertising is what keeps the paper going. Of course she's not going to let something bad about him go out on the front page. Same with MSU. And the hospital.
cousin jim

Murray, KY

#15 Sep 22, 2012
Cancel Your Subscription wrote:
Maybe you should call Murray Home and Auto IGA.
Or maybe you should call JC Penney Kmart. Or maybe
you should call Office Depot Walmart. Or maybe you
should call Lowes a field. Or maybe you should call yourself an idiot for moving here.
Actually, Kmart was where big lots/orscheln are, Office Depot is where Kroger was, lowes was a wooded area.
What do expect

Murray, KY

#16 Sep 22, 2012
Bad news does not sell papers for car dealers,realtors etc. They make their money and pay their bills from advertisers. He who keeps them afloat, controls the message. The Ledger's only purpose is to let you know of yard sales and the next community dogwash. Similar to WNBS.
Cancel Your Subscription

Sedalia, KY

#17 Sep 23, 2012
cousin jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Kmart was where big lots/orscheln are, Office Depot is where Kroger was, lowes was a wooded area.
Oh well.. my memory is like the Ledger and Times. Not putting things were they should have been. I was off a few hundred feet,they are off by 2 pages. I admit the truth. They try to hide
the truth. Cancel Your Subscription.
Bud

Murray, KY

#18 Sep 23, 2012
I dont get the paper and never had. I think any newspaper is a waste of good trees and resources. Within the next 5-10 years there will be no more newspaper companies. You will have to get all your news online, it should already be like that now in my opinion.
Huh

Murray, KY

#19 Sep 23, 2012
Get your news off Topix?
hater one

Murray, KY

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Bud.

Where you are going you will get your news from your prison daddy.
Bud

Murray, KY

#21 Sep 24, 2012
hater one wrote:
Bud.
Where you are going you will get your news from your prison daddy.
Chunky Chuck will not take me down with him. I had no knowledge of the counterfeit books whatsoever. I will say the same thing in any court room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min joe 7,154
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Limbertwig 155,375
wells v. rose 8 min Think again 27
Flash of News (Aug '13) 1 hr Bubba Stevenson 3,967
Are you for Tabs Park tax 1 hr Anonymous Keyboar... 102
Bullseye Ink 2 hr RenRush 8
Tre Arnold 3 hr Shhhh 1
Murray Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Murray Jobs

Murray People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Murray News, Events & Info