Benton City notes ...

Full story: Polk County News
Norma Morgan CAP, who works for the Polk County UT Extension office in Benton has been named the 2012 Administrative Professional of the Year by the Cherokee Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals . Full Story
Theresa High

Smyrna, TN

#1 May 17, 2012
I read the wonderful news about the possibility of a new Veterans Administration Hospital facility opening up in Harriman. My father lives in Crossville, and travels several times a month to Cookeville, Nashville and Murfreesboro for his medical appointments. It is a long difficult commute with his illness and also costly for the gas required to drive the distance. This would be truly a blessing for him and for the entire family including myself.

I am a 22 year veteran myself and currently work at the Mid-South Consolidate Patient Account Center in Smyrna. Our efforts are to work to retrieve revenue from third party payer insurance and return the monies back to veterans and their health care needs.

I worked at the Consolidated Based Outpatient Clinic VA facility in Knoxville, TN just before they relocated to their new facility they are in now. They had outgrown the new facility before they even moved in with the patient load.

I can relate first-hand the need for a hospital in between Johnson City and Nashville or Murfreesboro. The need is great for these veterans with all the appointments they need to go to and the ever rising cost of gas to commute. Not to mention the increase in veterans in the community outlying area requiring care with their return from combat.

Thanks to you and your community for your supporting our Veterans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murfreesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thicker than Water (Dec '13) 19 hr Rdm4 7
PS4 and 42 inch 1080p Tv for sale. 19 hr Rdm 2
new to m'boro... looking for weed Sat Every1NeedstoKnow 4
family law attorney Sat new to Boro 1
Excited About Amazon Hiring? Think Again (Sep '12) Nov 19 AmazonAuty 79
Elite Auction Sales- Tony Hitt (Jul '10) Nov 19 KRCox 43
Mid-State Officer Off Job Accused Of Bigamy - N... (Aug '09) Nov 18 NRitten9246 469
Murfreesboro Dating
Find my Match

Murfreesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Murfreesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Murfreesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:25PM
Today in the NFL: Josh Gordon makes his return
Bleacher Report 3:37 PM
Ryan, Smith Share Blame for Wasted Opportunity
NBC Sports 8:25 PM
Is this the end of the Mike Smith era in Atlanta?
NBC Sports12:49 AM
Hoyer recovers, leads Browns past Falcons, 26-24 - NBC Sports
NFL 4:42 AM
Mike Smith explains shaky clock management in loss