First Prev
of 5
Next Last
OMG

Barnesville, OH

#1 Apr 6, 2009
I herd one of our local preachers was arrested for a very bad thing!
Senior 2012

Columbia, MO

#2 Apr 6, 2009
Which preacher? Do you know? B/c i heard that one of our preacher's that was a substitute was touching some girls out at the high school in inappropriate ways.. Makes you think twice about who's church to go do.
OMG

Barnesville, OH

#3 Apr 6, 2009
I think he was arrested last week it should be in the paper.
Mad Mama

Ava, MO

#4 Apr 6, 2009
His name is Dow. This wasn't his first time being arrested for doing this. He lives on WW hwy and preaches at the Church of God of Prophecy by the tennis courts
Sorry

United States

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Yes its in the W.P Paper it says(The pastor of The New Life Church of God Rex Bradly Dow 41 was arrested at 4:20 Wed the girl was under age of 15 ) Where is the church ? What is wrong with these Preachers ? Makes me Heart sick.
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Is it in todays paper? Could someone let me know? My kid went to summer camp with them and the church. Very scary!!
Sorry

United States

#7 Apr 6, 2009
It was in thurs.paper It also said that in the early 90s he was arrested for indencent exposure in Springfield he said he had a addictionto pornography,whats this world comming to
Sorry

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2009
sorry didn't mean to hit it twice
missouri girl _2

United States

#9 Apr 6, 2009
I don't know who this "Dow" guy is but if he is the same one I saw on Main Street durning your fall festival paying kids to listen to him preach , I think something needs to be done with him. I never spoke to the man personally but he gave me thr creeps when I saw him.
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#10 Apr 6, 2009
Sorry wrote:
It was in thurs.paper It also said that in the early 90s he was arrested for indencent exposure in Springfield he said he had a addictionto pornography,whats this world comming to
I looked this up on casenet and nothing was there. I also researched it and could find NOTHING. I'm not saying that it didn't happen...just wondering where this information came from. For all we know this is some kind of hoax and we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I did find that he posted bail on casenet and found other info from there. Nothing suggesting this kind of behavior. I am a parent and I just don't want to jump to conclusions. He has been running the youth center in town as well as being a pastor at a local church. We might want to wait it out and see what comes of it before we make judgements. Thank you for the info about the paper. I haven't gotten it yet but I will be reading it later. I shouldn't have jumped right in without giving it thought. It is very scary but we don't know all the details and this man does have a family to think of.
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Just wanted to clarify that there was nothing about indecent exposure on casenet. The other case is on there. But, of course that's just stating that they are seeking charges.
Sorry

United States

#12 Apr 6, 2009
The paper thur . said (ENTICEMENT OF A CHILD CHARGE FOR CHURCH PASTOR)the police officer was Jamie Perkins,Dow admitted his inappropriate interaction with the girl than said he has"an addiction to pornography,"And this man was running the youth center,Lets hope and pray that they won't be any more children come forward, p.s have the paper not making any of this up
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#13 Apr 6, 2009
Sorry wrote:
The paper thur . said (ENTICEMENT OF A CHILD CHARGE FOR CHURCH PASTOR)the police officer was Jamie Perkins,Dow admitted his inappropriate interaction with the girl than said he has"an addiction to pornography,"And this man was running the youth center,Lets hope and pray that they won't be any more children come forward, p.s have the paper not making any of this up
Well, all I'm saying is that I can't find it in our state court records (the previous arrest) so it either didn't happen or nothing came of it. Which means he was innocent....per our judicial system. Innocent until proven guilty...Let's ALL remember that. I don't want to make a decision one way or the other until all the facts come to light. If I had first hand knowledge that this had happened then I would be furious. But, like the rest of you I don't and we shouldn't speak before we know the whole story.
Paper

Columbia, MO

#14 Apr 6, 2009
Look Jill, it is in the paper, what more do you want?
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#15 Apr 6, 2009
Paper wrote:
Look Jill, it is in the paper, what more do you want?
Well...for starters...How about waiting for proof? Did you personally read this in the paper? I haven't yet. I don't know exactly what was said in the paper. However, when I do read the paper I will still reserve my opinion until it has gone through court or another legal action has taken place. The paper isn't always accurate either. This is a man w/ a family that we are talking about so all I'm saying is..let's be sure. I am NOT defending him in anyway, shape, or form. I just happen to know that we shouldn't speak before we know what is up. My son goes to school w/ this mans daughter and there is more at stake than him. AND AGAIN...THE PREVIOUS ARREST (in springfield) IS NOT ON RECORD ANYWHERE!
OMG

Vanzant, MO

#16 Apr 6, 2009
the reason it is not on casenet is because it was a misdomenaer, which springfeild pd did not go back when casenet came out and put in all charges. he was arrested and charged with the crime but back then it was just a fine so that is why it was not on here. never the less the man is a perv and was our preacher. so jill stop defending him, you say you are not but you are gettting very defensive. Jill all you are doing is making yourself look bad, so shut up.
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#17 Apr 6, 2009
OMG wrote:
the reason it is not on casenet is because it was a misdomenaer, which springfeild pd did not go back when casenet came out and put in all charges. he was arrested and charged with the crime but back then it was just a fine so that is why it was not on here. never the less the man is a perv and was our preacher. so jill stop defending him, you say you are not but you are gettting very defensive. Jill all you are doing is making yourself look bad, so shut up.
And those of us that decide to wait to pass judgement look bad?? Please, use a better vocabulary and grow up. This is the real world and I can say anything I choose. I have not been defensive at all...just realistic and reasonable. Something you have no concept of.
Jill

Forsyth, MO

#18 Apr 6, 2009
OMG wrote:
the reason it is not on casenet is because it was a misdomenaer, which springfeild pd did not go back when casenet came out and put in all charges. he was arrested and charged with the crime but back then it was just a fine so that is why it was not on here. never the less the man is a perv and was our preacher. so jill stop defending him, you say you are not but you are gettting very defensive. Jill all you are doing is making yourself look bad, so shut up.
And use spell check next time.
jls kc

United States

#19 Apr 6, 2009
I don't know this preacher, but I must say that if he has been accused of the same types of crimes, multiple times, whether he is found guilty or not really isn't an issue. People don't usually get accused of the same things by several diff. ppl in diff. towns, unless they did the things that they are being accused of.
OMG

Barnesville, OH

#20 Apr 6, 2009
Jill I may not be able to spell and really may not care, but i do know one thing you must not care for the victims of child molesters. You say lets not pass judgement, so go ahead send your childeren to his church while the perv awaits trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mountain View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenneth Slater wanted by police 1 hr YOU ALL ARE CLUELESS 6
Murdered child story 1 hr sick 21
Who were the men from Howell County caught stea... (Nov '13) 18 hr Law Abiding Citizen 25
Shandi Stillwell (Dec '13) 23 hr maniac 17
Jeremy Shelton is the mayor now Wed hilarious 14
Larisa on The Voice (Jan '13) Wed hilarious 12
David or destiny benbrook Wed justagirl 1
Mountain View Dating
Find my Match

Mountain View Jobs

Mountain View People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mountain View News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mountain View

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]