Creston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

I am not from Mtn City, nor have i ever lived there. I have been on this forum to keep up with the new info on the double murder. After scrollng through pages of topics, I have determined that some people on here have nothing better to do with their lives than gossip about other people. I saw so many threads that just flat out said a persons name, then people preceded to talk trash about them. Does this forum not have a moderator to delete these types of posts? From what I have gathered a lot of the harassment of the young lady that was murdered, was posted on this forum. You can still find an old thread about her, where someone asked about her being pregnant. Maybe some of the people who post negative things about people on here, will think twice now before gossiping. Those type of people aren't happy with their own lives, and have nothing better to do than gossip. Most of the people who talk trash about others on here can't even spell, so that shows how educated they are. I know that most of us have gossiped about people before, but actually posting a whole forum topic about it is a little pathetic. If you have something to say about someone, or a question to ask about them, then say it to their face instead of being a coward. I'm not talking to everyone on here, but if you think i'm talking about you, then I probably am. Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still retarded.
How Dare You

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Pipsma wrote:
I am not from Mtn City, nor have i ever lived there. I have been on this forum to keep up with the new info on the double murder. After scrollng through pages of topics, I have determined that some people on here have nothing better to do with their lives than gossip about other people. I saw so many threads that just flat out said a persons name, then people preceded to talk trash about them. Does this forum not have a moderator to delete these types of posts? From what I have gathered a lot of the harassment of the young lady that was murdered, was posted on this forum. You can still find an old thread about her, where someone asked about her being pregnant. Maybe some of the people who post negative things about people on here, will think twice now before gossiping. Those type of people aren't happy with their own lives, and have nothing better to do than gossip. Most of the people who talk trash about others on here can't even spell, so that shows how educated they are. I know that most of us have gossiped about people before, but actually posting a whole forum topic about it is a little pathetic. If you have something to say about someone, or a question to ask about them, then say it to their face instead of being a coward. I'm not talking to everyone on here, but if you think i'm talking about you, then I probably am. Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still retarded.
Oh my Lord have mercy! How can you possibly compare our "Special Needs Children"(Special Olympics)to a gossip forum? Referring to those precious people as "retarded", proves beyond the shadow of a doubt, your lack of normal mentality? You may think your comments are "different" from other comments here- SO NOT! You're just the same old drag, as the so called gossips!

“Most people are "C" students”

Since: Sep 07

Right here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

How Dare You wrote:
How can you possibly compare our "Special Needs Children"(Special Olympics)to a gossip forum? Referring to those precious people as "retarded",
"Special Olympics is the world's largest sports organization for children and adults with intellectual disabilities".[http://en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Oly mpics]

"Intellectual disability is a broad concept encompassing various intellectual deficits, including mental retardation".[http://en.w ikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual _disability]

In common parlance, "intellectual disability" is just a common euphemism for "retarded".

The euphemism "Special Needs Children" does not distinguish the children it is applied to; all children are "special needs". But not all children are retarded; only retarded children are retarded. "Precious" or not, they are retarded.

As "Pipsma" so correctly points out about the overwhelming majority of the postings and posters in this forum, they are undeniably retarded.

Her comparison is apt. The primary criterion for competing in the Special Olympics is that you have to be retarded. The primary criterion for posting in the Mountain City forum is that you have to be retarded. In both cases, even if you win a competition with the other retards, you're still retarded.
Precious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

I know him well wrote:
<quoted text>
"Special Olympics is the world's largest sports organization for children and adults with intellectual disabilities".[http://en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Oly mpics]
"Intellectual disability is a broad concept encompassing various intellectual deficits, including mental retardation".[http://en.w ikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual _disability]
In common parlance, "intellectual disability" is just a common euphemism for "retarded".
The euphemism "Special Needs Children" does not distinguish the children it is applied to; all children are "special needs". But not all children are retarded; only retarded children are retarded. "Precious" or not, they are retarded.
As "Pipsma" so correctly points out about the overwhelming majority of the postings and posters in this forum, they are undeniably retarded.
Her comparison is apt. The primary criterion for competing in the Special Olympics is that you have to be retarded. The primary criterion for posting in the Mountain City forum is that you have to be retarded. In both cases, even if you win a competition with the other retards, you're still retarded.
And YOU, along with your "Pipsma", are charter members of our "Topix Retard Gossip Club"! Will you two be serving "coffee and cream puffs" during your meeting?WOOOOHOOOO!
Missme

Creston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Even if the 'retarded' joke offended you, Pipsma is still right about everything else. People need to think twice about posting garbage about others on here. Pipsma made a comment about a general group of people, but a lot of people on here make very specific comments about specific people.
Precious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes, I AGREE, there's too many names named, with too much bashing! The remark about "the special needs folks", linked with "retarded", just made me sick! As far as that goes, the majority of the people that feel they're un-retarted>ARE RETARDED! Since some wanna through the "R" word around, there ya have it!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

I know him well wrote:
<quoted text>
Well IKHW, I guess you're saying that both you and I are "Retarded", also, since we both post on this Forum. Actually, a lot of People would agree with you. lol!
Precious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Precious wrote:
Yes, I AGREE, there's too many names named, with too much bashing! The remark about "the special needs folks", linked with "retarded", just made me sick! As far as that goes, the majority of the people that feel they're un-retarted>ARE RETARDED! Since some wanna through the "R" word around, there ya have it!
Oops! "wanna throw" NOT "through", but you know what I" telling ya!
Precious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

"but you know what (I'm) telling ya"!
Oops, again.........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Precious wrote:
<quoted text>Oops! "wanna throw" NOT "through", but you know what I" telling ya!
I think using the word "Retarded" is just a generational thing. I still use it, sometimes, to describe Mentally-Challenged People & I mean absolutely no disrespect when I do use it.
Actually, I think it's the younger Generation that has given the word such a bad reputation because they use it, all the time, referring to People who are just acting stupid.
Precious

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think using the word "Retarded" is just a generational thing. I still use it, sometimes, to describe Mentally-Challenged People & I mean absolutely no disrespect when I do use it.
Actually, I think it's the younger Generation that has given the word such a bad reputation because they use it, all the time, referring to People who are just acting stupid.
You're so right! You seem to identify with much common sense! Thank you, again!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Precious wrote:
<quoted text>You're so right! You seem to identify with much common sense! Thank you, again!
Thank you for that very nice Post. I very much appreciate it.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Mountain City Forum right now

Search the Mountain City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 17 min WTSenior 123,880
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 19 min sally 58,245
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 20 min sally 8,462
the coming election 1 hr Red 5
Jacdoie at food lion 2 hr Facts of Life 12
where did all the johnny fans go? 2 hr Road Crew 6
Squirrel shooter one of five candidates running... 2 hr Dead Eye 1
Drug Raid 4 hr Road Crew 41
did anybody hear about a drug bust (May '11) 17 hr Ernest t bass 83
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mountain City Jobs

•••