|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

Hunter Atwood arrested in a Meth Lab?

http://johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php...
More

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

I hate these meth lab busts. Criminals are stupid.
and more

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

Well, hate it all! If every "drunk", and I'm commenting about being drunk from drugs, which includes meth, cocaine, opium, alcoholic drinks, prescription meds, bath salt, mushrooms, paint thinner, glue, "weeds growing in the fields", and the big old list never ends, if all these humans were locked away, there wouldn't be many "adults" walking the earth!
The Finger Lady

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

and more wrote:
Well, hate it all! If every "drunk", and I'm commenting about being drunk from drugs, which includes meth, cocaine, opium, alcoholic drinks, prescription meds, bath salt, mushrooms, paint thinner, glue, "weeds growing in the fields", and the big old list never ends, if all these humans were locked away, there wouldn't be many "adults" walking the earth!
Well, aren't you just a die hard hammerhead.

I'm just kidding. I think MOST things have a time and place. Meth does not fit into this category. There is no time, or place for Meth, nor other substances as such. Bath salts, should be used in the bath. They can take them off the market and help many- and I wish they would. However in that same thought, murders occur everyday- maybe not here but we all know they do. Do we outlaw guns? I sure as hell hope not. If guns were outlawed then only criminals would have guns. Just as in prohabition of alcohol, the drunks knew where to go.
Cocaine from my understanding can work wonders for a toothache or used in cough syrup for bronical bouts. I'm sure it's used for other medical reasons, as with other drugs. That is what they are there for- to help people when they need it. NOT TO GET HIGH ON. I have nothing against precription drugs except for the fact that the people who need them can't get them in our area due to the abuse. Unless the pain is obviouus, doctors seem to conclude that you are a drug seeker. This has happened once with me at the eR, and has recently happened to a friend of mine. My only advice is if you should occur dire pain, and you visit our local doctors or ER, you might could try giving them a Village address and maybe they will pull out their little script pad. Just as in the days of prohabition, the users know where to go. We are suffering in the meantime for this. I am thankful that Naproxen and Advil still work for achy muscles, and I pray not to get a toothache, gout, etc...
I meant no dis-respect to the people who live in Village Apts. I'm sure there are a handful of good people there who temporarily have the need for help-(especially in todays economy) Some of those who are not fortunate to have family to help them when they stumble or have been thrown a curve ball- that is what they are there for- to provide them shelter for a year or two until they can get back on their feet.
The others, who give them all a bad name, I believe in order to receive this help it must be mandatory that they pass random drug tests, done regularly.
I wish I merely had some of the answers to todays GROWING drug problem, but then who would listen to me if I did?

As to,'and more. I have my evening glass of red wine to keep my blood thin as the doctor in the 'other county' suggested. My buddies drink beer during Monday night Football games. They get a bit loud when an interception occurs or a touchdown, yet other than a little ear noise, they don't hurt anyone. They don't steal, beat their wifes/husbands, or cheat on their spouses. I guess they do this to relieve a little bit of stress- if it keeps them off valium, then one night a week vs a possible daily dependence?Sometimes we can go overboard on issues these days, considering the world around us, it's easy to do. Where does the line need to be? Sometimes it's clear, sometimes not.

(I do know that one episode, maybe the 5:30 or 6 clock edition of channel 5's evening news broadcast, stated in it's OPENING LINE that " half of the calls now being made to the local police dept. are in some way related to bath salts." I think that station is broadcasted out of Bristol. This is so sad, and we see that it is not just Mountain City.)
and more

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

Knowing that "drugs\alcohol" are EVERYWHERE makes me know that there are "drunken" episodes going non-stop! Guzzle your so called "glass of wine", who am I to say? I just know that I've researched addiction, because there's a family history going on in my little world, of drunks, with the "poor me" syndrome! Pill poppers, snorters, injectors, boozers, and Lord only knows what else! I'm to the point of being hated by family members because I have and do believe in staying SOBER, and setting a sober example for children! Oh, I have also read that "grape juice" can have the same results as, "the notorious glass of wine", medically! And "fingerlady" tag, just too weird, too disgusting!
The Finger Lady

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

and more wrote:
Knowing that "drugs\alcohol" are EVERYWHERE makes me know that there are "drunken" episodes going non-stop! Guzzle your so called "glass of wine", who am I to say?
You don't really guzzle wine. You sip.
and more wrote:
I just know that I've researched addiction, because there's a family history going on in my little world, of drunks, with the "poor me" syndrome! Pill poppers, snorters, injectors, boozers, and Lord only knows what else! I'm to the point of being hated by family members because I have and do believe in staying SOBER, and setting a sober example for children!
Yes, I've seen/heard these people with that 'syndrome'. I agree, it's disgusting. And to sound prejudice, I must agree that 3/4ths
of them seem to have no worse pain than the rest of us- cause they're in pain when they need a high, but the pain seems to disappear when it's something they enjoy doing or want to do comes to their attention. You are the one that fits the 'poor me' category for having to put up with them. I sympathize with you deeply in that regard and hope it doesn't worsen.
and more wrote:
Oh, I have also read that "grape juice" can have the same results as, "the notorious glass of wine", medically!
Great, cause it's MUCH cheaper! Sold me on that. Although you may find me jokoing about drinking alot- I actually drink VERY little. A friend of mine, who takes a drink on occasion, once said 'that if they banned alcohol tommarow and helped but one person, it wouldn't bother him none', I agree.
and more wrote:
And "fingerlady" tag, just too weird, too disgusting!
Show's where your mind might be. Not everything is as it appears to you. I have an extra finger and I wanted the person I was replying to, to know who I was.(But that's okay, I can see a few of your beautiful colors coming through)
sorry

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

The Finger Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't really guzzle wine. You sip.
<quoted text>
Yes, I've seen/heard these people with that 'syndrome'. I agree, it's disgusting. And to sound prejudice, I must agree that 3/4ths
of them seem to have no worse pain than the rest of us- cause they're in pain when they need a high, but the pain seems to disappear when it's something they enjoy doing or want to do comes to their attention. You are the one that fits the 'poor me' category for having to put up with them. I sympathize with you deeply in that regard and hope it doesn't worsen.
<quoted text>
Great, cause it's MUCH cheaper! Sold me on that. Although you may find me jokoing about drinking alot- I actually drink VERY little. A friend of mine, who takes a drink on occasion, once said 'that if they banned alcohol tommarow and helped but one person, it wouldn't bother him none', I agree.
<quoted text>
Show's where your mind might be. Not everything is as it appears to you. I have an extra finger and I wanted the person I was replying to, to know who I was.(But that's okay, I can see a few of your beautiful colors coming through)
I'm sure that my crazy mind just roams where most everybody's goes. Yeah, I'm guilty of having bad vibes when seeing or hearing certain words, but my gosh, reading, watching movies, TV, with the disgusting commercials, going out into the work force, grocery stores, well, ya just hear and see all the crud, sorry.........I'm just who I am, but I'm sober, always have been.
The Finger Lady

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

sorry wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure that my crazy mind just roams where most everybody's goes. Yeah, I'm guilty of having bad vibes when seeing or hearing certain words, but my gosh, reading, watching movies, TV, with the disgusting commercials, going out into the work force, grocery stores, well, ya just hear and see all the crud, sorry.........I'm just who I am, but I'm sober, always have been.
Don't be sorry & you're mind is not crazy that I see thus far, just fed up, as the rest of us are. I wasn't trying to argue. I agree, the deminish of morals, values and good old common sense is becoming rarity these days. I respect anyone who tries to live right and do the right thing, whether I agree or disagree with everything they say or do, I still respect the person for their wise decisions.
fact is

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Wishing and hoping for an end to this insanity but, doesn't matter how many raids, how many arrests. These go to prison, and still get those drugs! People will keep finding ways to get drunk and poison themselves and poisoning others. From the beginning of time there have been "drugs", and people have abused drugs! Remember reading about those drunks in the old testament? They also abused their families!
snake eyes

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

can you throw the first stone?
logger

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

snake eyes wrote:
can you throw the first stone?
I will, The first, second , the third , etc. etc. etc LMAO Have a big pile of rocks to use and a slingshot LOL
voter

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Hunter Atwood wrote:
Hunter Atwood arrested in a Meth Lab?
http://johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php...
Doesn't that gal have a child who has recently been hospitalized?
Mammaw

Blountville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

fact is wrote:
Wishing and hoping for an end to this insanity but, doesn't matter how many raids, how many arrests. These go to prison, and still get those drugs! People will keep finding ways to get drunk and poison themselves and poisoning others. From the beginning of time there have been "drugs", and people have abused drugs! Remember reading about those drunks in the old testament? They also abused their families!
I THUNK its been happening since the beginning daddy always said pray for them but i dont wont to be another inable-err maybe if we love more and hate less might help,wheres my grandaughter? is that mouse ear still helping animals or is it gone to pot too? She stole my sheets :>
family

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

Mammaw wrote:
<quoted text>I THUNK its been happening since the beginning daddy always said pray for them but i dont wont to be another inable-err maybe if we love more and hate less might help,wheres my grandaughter? is that mouse ear still helping animals or is it gone to pot too? She stole my sheets :>
Oh sweetie, families love their folks that are into drugs\alcohol, and give until it drains the life out of um . The hate is for the substance, and the misery and abuse that follows ; (

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

Judged:

family wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sweetie, families love their folks that are into drugs\alcohol, and give until it drains the life out of um . The hate is for the substance, and the misery and abuse that follows ; (
If there is no price to pay for that wrong decision to get on Meth that they can see, such as losing their Family, that might explain why so many do it. Even as Children, the one thing that keeps Kids from doing lots of destructive things, is fear of losing the love & support of their immediate Family Members, so maybe you're enabling your Children & Family Members with that attitude? It doesn't mean that you stop loving them, it just means that you have to make it clear to them that if they do it, there will be a price to pay where you are concerned...& stick to it! You're not doing the easy thing for you because you do love them, but you are doing the most difficult thing for you. But, you're doing it because it's the best for them & that's always the most difficult for you, if you truly love them.
Mammaw

Blountville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2012

I believe nosey evildoers that stir the poo are the worst of all wheter or not they want to blame their addicktions is theier choice. Now who works at the ear?? Shes took off with my sheets and my Jam!
What the Hey

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Every person you meet has some kind of a battle going on. There is no magic rescue. I have noticed you have to rescue yourself by yourself so if I was invited to go for the incredible highs of meth I would think again.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

Judged:

For the life of me, I do NOT understand why anybody with sense enough to find their way home would touch the most addictive drug known to Man. You wouldn't try to pet a Wild Cat or jump out of an Airplane without a parachute, so why would you try Meth the first time. The end result will be the same thing, the Meth just takes longer & causes more pain & suffering, in 99 cases out of a hundred. So, why would anybody willingly take that risk? I just can't understand it!
earl reece

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

It reminds me of math and this stuff makes me stupid when I am trying to figure it out when helping my grandkids. Maybe little by little the JCSD will get all of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Mountain City Forum right now

Search the Mountain City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 45 min BOiaF 141,617
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Zeke 8,982
What is most important issue for county mayor c... 4 hr oldhillbilly 26
who is best divorce lawyer in town 13 hr GGG5 2
Who did the best job at the Candidate Forum? 15 hr early voter 44
Tri State Wed AJ Reed 12
Black people in doe trailer park Wed Let me just say 58
Who do you think will win each office in the el... Wed Scared 24
•••
•••
•••
Mountain City Dating

more search filters