help please

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

Please only serious answers. I only know of two suboxone clinics in Mt.Vernon. Both of them are expensive. I need to get my husband some help. We dont have insurance but cant afford 500.00 dollars to start and then 100.00 each week for the suboxone either. Are any of you that are currently taking suboxone to get off drugs in some sort of program that helps to pay for it? If it helps any, hes trying to quit methadone (and not from the methadone clinic either)
secret sister

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

help please wrote:
Please only serious answers. I only know of two suboxone clinics in Mt.Vernon. Both of them are expensive. I need to get my husband some help. We dont have insurance but cant afford 500.00 dollars to start and then 100.00 each week for the suboxone either. Are any of you that are currently taking suboxone to get off drugs in some sort of program that helps to pay for it? If it helps any, hes trying to quit methadone (and not from the methadone clinic either)
Try contacting www.thejoh.org Its a website that is made of people here in Ky that help people find the help they need.
its hard

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

The success seems to be really good, if you really want to quit, but everywhere you check its 500.00, there is a place in Hazard that is open, but its 500.00 first time and two weeks later its free, but the next two weeks its 200.00. That dose not include the price of the getting the pills filled either. The good thing is you walk in and take a drug test, they ask you some questions, and you are out of there. Some places may make you attend a program Im not sure. Its a shame that its so expensive, but the above website might be able to help. I think there is a place in Danville that might be a little cheaper.
help please

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

Thank you both so much for your help. Im going to check out the website as well. I am determined to get my husband help one way or the other. I had thought of asking our family doctor if they could give him something for the withdrawals so it would be safe to detox at home, but im not sure if they would call the police. I am planning on trying to get some counseling for him as well if we can afford it. I want him to be the man that he used to be before he got into this situation. Please, everyone keep him in your prayers he could really use them.
good luck

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

help please wrote:
Thank you both so much for your help. Im going to check out the website as well. I am determined to get my husband help one way or the other. I had thought of asking our family doctor if they could give him something for the withdrawals so it would be safe to detox at home, but im not sure if they would call the police. I am planning on trying to get some counseling for him as well if we can afford it. I want him to be the man that he used to be before he got into this situation. Please, everyone keep him in your prayers he could really use them.
I wish him the best, the problem getting suboxone is not to many doctors has the "training" (not sure if thats the right word or not) to write out a persciption to suboxone, thats why it is so hard to get, and expensive, you would think they would sell it over the counter. He will have to not have any drugs in his system to get it, if he does it will make him deathly sick. But talking to your family doctor is probably a good idea to, they mak know a shortcut or can help in some way.
I've read more good things than bad about suboxone. I will be saying a pray for you.
JoHope

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2008

help please wrote:
Hello. I am with The Journey of Hope as mentioned above by Secret Sister ( www.thejoh.org ) I'm assuming from your comments that you are from the Mt Vernon Ky area. We assist individuals in the south central Ky area, which includes Mt Vernon/Rockcastle county. As Rockcastle is in the 5th congressional district, you may qualify for Unite assistance, that would furnish long term treatment for you husband. No questions are asked regarding his connections, etc. Their concern is only in getting him clean and to becoming a productive member of society. If he does not qualify for that program, there are several others that are listed on the 'resource' page of the website and if you have any questions, please feel free to call the number listed on the home page. There's also several support meetings there in mt Vernon for addicts . The more popular ones we have been made aware of for men are the ones by the Catholic church and Northside church, both in Mt vernon. There are others that we may not be aware of. The one at Northside is on Thur at 7, at which time there is also a group that meets for the families of addicts that you may want to check out for yourself. Our prayers are with you, your spouse and we pray that God will give you both the strength and courage to find the help that you are seeking.
travis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

I am in the same boat. I have done some research and found the manufactor(not a great speller) can help. If you can get a doctor to perscribe suboxone once, you can send the script to them. Send a letter explaining your situation. My mother gets her meds this way. Let me know if it helps. traviscantrell@rocketmail.com
goodluck

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

my boyfriend is on the program...i dont know much about it, except that it may have saved his life. it's a wonderful program, without it, im not sure where he would be today. i wish you and your husband the best of luck...anyone who wants help, deserves it.
wondering

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

help please wrote:
i only know of one clinic in mt vernon and that is dr fowles office which is the other one? my best friend is on suboxone and she has to travel all the way to maysville every two weeks she tried to get in mt vernon but they wont take transfers at dr fowles if you could give me the name of the other office i would really appreciate it
wondering

Hopkins, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>i only know of one clinic in mt vernon and that is dr fowles office which is the other one? my best friend is on suboxone and she has to travel all the way to maysville every two weeks she tried to get in mt vernon but they wont take transfers at dr fowles if you could give me the name of the other office i would really appreciate it
Sorry about that, there was another office doing it at the weight loss center the doc was from richmond and only accepted cash, so i guess he didnt have alot of business. they dont do it anymore. if you go to suboxone.com though you can put in your friends zipcode and the list of docs closest to the location will pop up. we are still trying to get help for my husband :( its so expensive
lost

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

you know i listen to what you guys write and i totally understand where you are coming from because i am on methadone so bad right now that if i even go 1 day without it my body goes through hell. i want off of them so bad,not just 4 me but 4 my family.i start my suboxone clinic next week and i have friends who have done it and i see from them that it works.so please hang in there and try reaching out to god!!!
Mglex

Alexandria, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Good luck in your quest, I know exactly what he is going through. The only difference being that I have been going to a Methadone clinic for over a year. I am in the process of switching to Suboxone and I'm very excited about it. I was reading your situation and thought I might be able to help you.

Now days, you can recieve Suboxone as easily as you can methadone. The majority of Methadone clinics are now offering Suboxone treatment as well. Many places also offer different pay scales than the Methadone, and from personal research I've found that the attendance policy is much different than that of the Methadone program as well. I understand that, for various reasons, you may want him to be able to detox at home. However, the rate of success for at-home detoxification is not very high, and it is even worse when compared to success in patients no longer attending a structured program. I sincerely recommend that your husband give it a try. It could possibly mean the difference in his success also.

Many places offer sliding pay scales based on income, payment through your insurance (including Medicaid), and other payment options. I suggest Googling "Suboxone Clinics", "Sub. Doctors in Central Kentucky" and similar phrases as well. When you find a place that is generally what you're looking for, you can call that place and ask them if they have any programs of payment assistance for those who may need it. Even if they don't, often times they know a place or two that does have what you're looking for.

Good luck!!
warning

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

using drugs to get off drugs-the withdrawal pains and problems from these 2-methadone and suboxone-can be and are for many worse than the withdrawals from the drugs you are trying to not use again-if you're wise and really want to be "truly drug-free" then don't go this route. be rough and tough and after detox say NO NO NO NO and stick to it-you have to really and truly want to be drug free or nothing will work-be determined that drugs are not going to steal another day of your life.
Ive been there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

My husband is on the suboxone program, and its worked very well for us. Yes the expense is there. But when he was spening like 100 dollars a day, its no match to what we have to spend there. I think its a wonderful thing for ppl as long as they do it the right way and are serious about it. He goes to Richmond and they are VERY nice about everything. But the only way that it will work is if you are serious about getting off drugs. You cant be on suboxone and hang out with the same old ppl day after day, it defeats the purpose. Hang in there, i know what its like to have an addict in my life, and its hard. But these are the times they need you more than ever. Its a horrible disease. And hopefully if we can come down some of the drug dealers in this county and give them heavier sentences than what they have been getting things will eventually get better.
Listen warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

You don't know what your talking about. Suboxone has very mild withdrawal symptoms if any at all. I didn't have any when I stopped taking it however I did do a slow taper down to nothing. Methadone on the other hand is awful...I know all about that also!
Achristina

Escalon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Does anybody know of a clinic that can help That is in the bay area?? San Francisco. I lost my job and have no health insurance. I cannot afford a dr appointment on my unemployement, wich is done in a week. I am desperately trying to continue being clean and having suboxone is a huge gelp. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
kevin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

i would like to knoow how much the doctor in mt.vernon cost if anyone can help
info

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

To kevin: It's 100.00 a month plus your meds for the dr in mt. vernon. From what I hear they have a waiting list though, so you need to call as soon as possible and be placed on it. Good luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Sandy

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Try Dr. Turpin in Danville. He is at the cycolgy diagnostics. They are several doctors with him that does the suboxone program. No waiting list, and its only 280.00
hoping for the best

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2011

i know one in barboville ky that is 400.00 for the visit and offers help with the cost of the medicine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Mount Vernon Forum right now

Search the Mount Vernon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Obama Zombies 149,748
gary parker 1 hr weedwhacker 247
not gonna lose another 1 hr RufusM 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Curious 130,203
fat guy 4 hr fatguy 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 8 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Rockcastle County was issued at August 20 at 5:16PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Vernon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Vernon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••