Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

I agree with those who say this is pie in the face of the Advocate. If there really is an EPO signed by the superintendent's wife and a recorded 911 call, then what is holding them back? A threat, a promise of favorable treatment in the future. When you use the space that contains the lead story on the front page to list names and phone numbers that u usually run on the editorial page, something smells to the high heaven. It's one thing for a public official to attempt a cover-up. It's another for the primary news outlet in that community to participate in it.
Sigh

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Either way, time will tell. Nothing anyone says will make a bit of difference at this point. We should all just wait it out and let the board sort it all out.

Everyone just needs to calm down, the truth usually has a way of coming out.
Vickie Shmickie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

I think the truth has already came out!! Rumors, rumors, and more rumors. By ex teachers who got their feelings hurt when Powell canned their hindends! If they would have been doing their job, like they should have been, we wouldn't be going through all of this now.
Maybe the news should be about all those teachers Powell fired, and how they were accepting their check every pay day, but not doing their job to earn it.
I can see the headlines now... "Powell cleans up corrupt school system"!!
You Already Know

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Vickie seems a little unhinged, maybe she's starting to realize that now is the time for all te kool aid drinkers to start choking on it! Ha-Ha!
Vickie Shmickie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

You Already Know wrote:
Vickie seems a little unhinged, maybe she's starting to realize that now is the time for all te kool aid drinkers to start choking on it! Ha-Ha!
So you've given up on your rumors, and trying to go a different route? LOL!!
We're all waiting to see your "big break in the case". What was your day again? I think Thursday, yeah you said we would all find out "the truth" by Thursday! LOL!!
Branson Pisa

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I have an idea ,how about you (Vickie) take this time to get your GED . At least while your wasting your time on here you will look somewhat educated . You can't spell and your Gramer is embarrassing .you should Get Powell to proof read it.
Vickie Shmickie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Branson Pisa wrote:
I have an idea ,how about you (Vickie) take this time to get your GED . At least while your wasting your time on here you will look somewhat educated . You can't spell and your Gramer is embarrassing .you should Get Powell to proof read it.
Oh, good one tardo. You can't produce any proof, so you try to change the subject! LOL!! What a tardo!
Vickie Shmickie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

All I can say is WOW!
Montgomery Co is Lucky!!
www.districtadministration.com/.../turnin ...
Tax lady

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I would assume board members have looked at all the late night phone calls made on the cell phones . Since they are paid by our tax dollars . All they have to do is look at phone records incoming and outgoing calls and texting records . We are counting on our board to put an end to this nonsense .
Posted

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

there is a special session board meeting 1/24/13 posted--agenda just references the krs 61.810 (f) --maybe we will actually find out some facts in the near future...
L Alexander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down You could stand me up at the gates of hell But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down
curious

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Tax lady wrote:
I would assume board members have looked at all the late night phone calls made on the cell phones . Since they are paid by our tax dollars . All they have to do is look at phone records incoming and outgoing calls and texting records . We are counting on our board to put an end to this nonsense .
the only nonsense that i know about is what you fired teachers put on topix. it has just about drove some of you crazy that he got read of you. you folk might as well pull up your big woman drawers and get your mind on something else.
Proof

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Do you have PROOF that the allegations against Josh Powell are being made by fired teachers?

I have read several requests for proof regarding the accusations against Powell, it only seems fair to make the same request for proof regarding the allegations against "fired teachers".

Where is your proof?
Catherine

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I don't think it unfair to expect that Mr Powell be held to the same standard of accountability that he sets for everyone else. If it were a principal or teacher in this situation would he afford them the benefit of the doubt? That is highly unlikely.
Kruse purse

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Bye bye josh, the damage has been done . I'm sure you have committed every divas thing you have been accused of and much more. Lets say you didn't , your reputation has been damaged beyond repair into only in this town but through out the state.
Not even "Vickie " can save you from that. You are the talk of every school in 100 mile radius. I guess you could say it was good while it .
Adios sancho
A Teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Take a look people, special closed door session tonight. Look at the state statute they referred to on the website. Lol, love that some on here will be eating their words. Please post more support for a man that will be getiing canned. Hope you enjoy the unemployment line and your wife cleans out and moves on for herself and the little ones. She deserves better and those kids do too. Maybe this will help you get your priorities straight. My heart is with his wife, I know this will be hard but you made the right step once for yourself and kids, be strong and take care of yourself and kids. You are a bright woman and you do not need him. :)
all about budget

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

In all honesty the epo and alleged affairs if any of its true, Josh was hired to cut costs which he did by cutting tenured staff. After he demoted or pink slipped the staff, It's understandable the fear the remaining faculty felt. Naturally they were going to do everything in their power to raise test scores. This logic only stands to reason.
Basically the tactics aren't any different than any other dictator be it Hitler,Gorbachev or Chavez. People fall in their pecking order when a tyrannical dictator is in command. According to the stories he can be quiet a tyrant.
He actually doesn't need a plan to increase test scores all he has to is cut a few purse strings & the other remaining will improve their teaching skills.
Really you can't say he didn't do his job he was hired to do. REMEMBER THIS WHEN VOTING FOR BOARD MEMBERS the remaining needs to be replaced
No cost cutting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

If his job was to cut costs, he is a failure. The school system had a $7,000,000 surplus when he arrived. This was saved up over a 13 year time period. It is nowhere near that now.
Before the new school board was sworn in, he was asked how much money remained in that surplus at a board meeting. He would not answer. Fern Reed attempted to deflect the question.
The person who asked the question was a contractor for the schools.
He was fired.
Nan

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

jr sample wrote:
If the media has this then ir's katie bar tge door because they will have a field day out of this. Tge school system will look terrible again. Thanks to the board members who voted this kid in. Grow up Powell!"
I don't thing that the kids would appreciate it if he did come back. If the media has this his life will most likely be ruined.
Get Real

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

You all are just silly. The board is not meeting over a bunch of gossip on topix!
They have real issues in the real world, they don't have time to fool with you silly nuts, and your silly tales!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of95
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Mount Sterling Forum right now

Search the Mount Sterling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sharon Vance 13 min vance n hines 41
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min wtf 146,063
Drug distribution center 43 min Jess 7
No Time for Grimes! 2 hr CARDINAL 12
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr dodo 81,563
Weight Loss Clinic (Sep '11) 3 hr adh2 31
Who's the wh*re they call muff? 3 hr FYI 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000