Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

How many folks out there have any knowledge of the Point Marion Police Department, what are your concerns regarding it and the staff of two officers?
white guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

There lazy like all police you never see them out.
zig zag

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Judged:

They are part-time and poorly paid. I wouldn't put life on the line for the jokers like white guy.
Tremere

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2010

Judged:

The last time I was there, they seemed to be parked at the Klondike a lot of the time.
Bad place for trouble? Or maybe for recreational purposes? Or is that the police sub-station?
Silverstar5

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

Judged:

I retired from law enforcement a few years back and relocated to the Morgantown area. I had planned on working part time for a small agency and had checked on employment with Pt. Marion. The town was financially strapped and only had one part time officer.
PMB

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

The concern for the community is the town's police officer is part time, and due to the town's geography; not a lot of faith being protected by the PA State Police, whose barracks are 17 miles away. Not a whole lot of warm fuzzies regarding protection if needed.
Tremere

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

It's very sad to see what's become of Point Marion. It used to be a great place to live, as well as visit. It now seems like a place that the people who live there don't care about. They don't seem to take any pride in the town at all. They have let it become run down and grimy. They allow the lesser element of their population take over. And until this changes, the quiet little town where everyone knew, and cared about, their neighbors, as well as for themselves, will continue to fade away.
The choice is up to you, the citizens of Point Marion, to restore the town that used to be and to make it, once again, a great place to live.
Tremere

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

P.S. Bill Moser would be ashamed of what has happened to Point Marion.
Out Of State Officer

Creston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

Yeh, they are a part time department. The one full time officer and one part time officer have their hands full. The part time guy works all weekend, he's always out and about doin somethin. It's nice to see this guy come to work, he patrols hard and seems geniunely interested in seeing good things take place in the community. Need a few more part timers like him.
zig zag

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

Point Marion used to be a nice town but like much of PA the money has left the state along with many of the people. The average age of PA is older on fixed incomes with means less tax money to spend on essential services like police. Also, in PMs case, several individuals have bought up many homes and rent them out until the homes are ready to fall in. Until the town council begins to enforce some codes, the town will never rebound.
FEB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

Judged:

Tremere wrote:

You can say that again. I remember growing up in Pt. Marion, as kids we had a respectful fear of Bill Moser. He did his job well, knew his town and his people living there. Kept an eye on things and took his job seriously. There will never be another like Bill Moser on guard there.
spy man

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

Tremere wrote:
I agree jay the cop in my opinion lets the ones go that might be a threat to his job and pull over the little old lady on her way to work! he has even told me to kick someones ass and he woun't see a thing now thats a law abiding cop Iv been told he smokes pot and has been known to take a pill here and there, that is when he can find some on a search Im should start following him and filming him he's a little boy in a police uniform I feel so safe HA! he is a joke
spy man

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

Out of State Officer wrote:
How many folks out there have any knowledge of the Point Marion Police Department, what are your concerns regarding it and the staff of two officers?
We the people of pt marion need to take our town back the police dept,fire dept, tax collector,all YES the WATER DEPT I see their workers up at the water res/tanks drinking beer off and on all day long BILL CLEMMER and his brother and WHOS there with them YES JAY our cop and the sad part is our MAYOR KNOWS HMMMMMMM!
angry

Mount Pleasant, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

well, it sounds like someone else see this shit going on besides me..yep u hit it on the head.. , Mayberry RFD.. Barney running around with one bullet, looking for a place to eat, and talk crap.. standing there watching someone break the law.. and turning there heads.. .. but u know what nothing is gone to change.. it will remain as is.. because the people and the law don't care .. Has any one drove around Point Marion and really took a look.. at whats really going on.. doubt it..some of these people that set and run there mouths about their neighbors, and all the problems that go on.. have u seen the out side of their homes.. , the garbage setting around, the slum lords ought to be run out of town.. a mayor and police department that will get in their and fight for Point Marion, someone who really cares, and maybe just maybe the people will get involved, Point Marion will never be as we once knew it.. its gone.. and it is so sad..
spy man

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

thank you im taking my camera with me all the time now and im going to post all the pics on facebook i know i'll get some good ones i've already have some of jay (barney fife) and bill clemmer (gomer) hanginging out at the old glass factory drinking with dave jordan (who thinks he's buffuss) toting his gun and trying to scare little kids WE NEED TO ALL GET TOGETHER AND WEED THESE ASSHOLES OUT OFF OUR TOWN i'm getting a petution together and Im going around town and see if anyone has any balls to stand up against this unlawful town we have to stand together I'll keep this site updated thanks to all who care
Tremere

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

What's the Facebook page name?
spy man

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Have them at lawers waiting to hear from him on what we can do about them ? might have a case they are detailed and they tell the whole story ! you know what they say a picture is worth a thosand words these are a noval!!! ill keeo u updated
EricWade

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

It's spelled novel
Out of state officer

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Come on, Jay Stutler is a good guy. I can't believe he would drink on duty. Point Marion is struggling for a few reasons, none of them are jay's fault. If there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt of criminal activity out there bring it to the attention of the district attorney's office. Do something positive, dont hurt the town though do to a dislike of someone.
EricWade

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2011

Spyman shouldn't act like Glen Beck. Also, he should punctuate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Morris Discussions

Search the Mount Morris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 19 hr John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 19 hr bobby6464 3,826
Point Marion man sentenced for Dunkard robbery May '14 Amused 1
vfd May '14 Concerned citizen 1
Announcement Apr '14 Warren M Rice Jr Author 2
Hisotry of Bobtown (Mar '09) Apr '14 John 8
Chevron offers free pizza to Pa. residents rock... Feb '14 Pizza 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Morris Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000