Galion Man Shot, Killed by Police

Sep 8, 2007 Full story: MansfieldNewsJournal.com 44

“The Crawford County Sheriff's Office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification are investigating the incident. We are not releasing the name of the officer at this time”

A 27-year-old Galion man was shot to death by a Galion Police Department officer this morning. via MansfieldNewsJournal.com

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mike

Bellefontaine, OH

#1 Sep 8, 2007
yeah and it was a rookie cop!
confused

Athens, OH

#2 Sep 9, 2007
It's all very confusing as to the details of what happened. I can't say the cop was wrong or right at this point. Do you know what happened, well I don't because I wasn't there. I can tell you a lot of hearsay, but what good would that do.
The thing that we should be doing as human beings is giving our sympathy to the family who lost their child, grandchild, brother, cousin, or even a friend. I feel for the parents of this man the most, as parents we aren't supposed to have to bury our children. Despite whatever may have happened yesterday morning he was still their child. So my deepest sympathy to the family.
Henry

Newark, OH

#3 Sep 9, 2007
My deepest sympathies to all the families involved too but, an armed person charging at two officers with his weapon pointed directly at them? To serve and protect is what they were sworn to do. Ask yourselves what would have happened in that neighborhood had the police not shown up.
Bob

Sun Prairie, WI

#4 Sep 9, 2007
mike wrote:
yeah and it was a rookie cop!
That is such a great statement. What do you know about police work.
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Sep 9, 2007
I KNOW THIS FAMILY AND MY SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO BOTH OF YOU ART AND PEG. I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS. PEOPLE, NOT ONLY DID THEY LOOSE THERE SON A FEW DAYS AGO THEY LOST ANOTHER SON ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO AS WELL. WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THE NEW APPROACHES TO LESS THAN LEATHEL. I CAN SEE THAT THE GALION POLICE MUST NOT BE AWARE OF THOSE TYPES OF APPROACHES.OR MAYBE JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT TAKING ANOTHER PERSONS LIFE. THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT, I JUST WISH HE WAS STILL HERE TO GIVE HIS SIDE OF THE STORY....MAY GOD BE WITH HIM AND HIS FAMILY..
Thanks for sympathy

AOL

#6 Sep 10, 2007
MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY wrote:
I KNOW THIS FAMILY AND MY SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO BOTH OF YOU ART AND PEG. I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS. PEOPLE, NOT ONLY DID THEY LOOSE THERE SON A FEW DAYS AGO THEY LOST ANOTHER SON ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO AS WELL. WHAT THE HELL IS ALL THE NEW APPROACHES TO LESS THAN LEATHEL. I CAN SEE THAT THE GALION POLICE MUST NOT BE AWARE OF THOSE TYPES OF APPROACHES.OR MAYBE JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT TAKING ANOTHER PERSONS LIFE. THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT, I JUST WISH HE WAS STILL HERE TO GIVE HIS SIDE OF THE STORY....MAY GOD BE WITH HIM AND HIS FAMILY..
The young man who died was a full time college student that had turned his life around and had every reason to live. He had been hanging with a poor choice of friends years ago, cleaned up his act, joined the Army, served in Irag, and was using the education money provided to vets to get a degree. He was familiar with weapons, with police tactics, and knew how to respond to the police. We are hopeful that the complete truth will be revealed as to why he was shot. He did not desreve to die this way. Thank you for your service, Adam. We love and miss you.
justme

Mansfield, OH

#7 Sep 10, 2007
Thanks for sympathy wrote:
<quoted text>
The young man who died was a full time college student that had turned his life around and had every reason to live. He had been hanging with a poor choice of friends years ago, cleaned up his act, joined the Army, served in Irag, and was using the education money provided to vets to get a degree. He was familiar with weapons, with police tactics, and knew how to respond to the police. We are hopeful that the complete truth will be revealed as to why he was shot. He did not desreve to die this way. Thank you for your service, Adam. We love and miss you.
Thanks for all your sympathy. I am a relative of Adam's and although I don't know what happened, we must remember that a family has lost a son, so soon after losing their oldest son. Let's not put blame on anyone, but pray for all those involved.
kelly

Temple, TX

#8 Sep 10, 2007
how dare people jump to conclusions and make false statements!adam was shot in the back with his hands in the air!his gun was not loaded and he had put the gun on the ground like the officers told him to.adam was one of my best friends.galion police officers are and have always been very corrupt,abusive,unprofessional ,and over agressive.yet nothing has been done to stop this abuse of power!that murderer needs to burn in hell along with his supporters.why are people so quick to take the side of the police?havent we learned from rodney king?ruby ridge?i will not rest untill justice is served!lets all stand up for the innocent man killed by an evil trigger happy galion police officer.maybe we can prevent this from happening again
kelly

Temple, TX

#9 Sep 10, 2007
people above me seemed to have made false and shocking statements that have no merit!to list things sooo incredibly false as if they were true is wrong.especially in a situation like this.you should be ashamed!
chris

United States

#10 Sep 10, 2007
He wasnt charging at anybody. He dropped the gun and they shot him anyways. My bestfriend was his roomate and saw eveything happen. He dropped the gun and stumbled because he was drinking. Adam wouldnt ever hurt anybody. He sserved this country in Irac and he was in school he had everything going for him. R.I.P. u will forever be loved and missed. Take care of Brittany and Jay Are for me.
CTOWN OHIO

Dublin, OH

#11 Sep 10, 2007
MUST BE NICE TO JUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO SAY WHATEVER YOU PLEASE AND NOT HAVE TO GET ALL THE FACTS STRAIGHT FIRST.
COPS DONT JUST SHOOT PEOPLE FOR NO REASON. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO LAY OFF THE TELIVISION.
CTOWN OHIO

Dublin, OH

#12 Sep 10, 2007
kelly wrote:
how dare people jump to conclusions and make false statements!adam was shot in the back with his hands in the air!his gun was not loaded and he had put the gun on the ground like the officers told him to.adam was one of my best friends.galion police officers are and have always been very corrupt,abusive,unprofessional ,and over agressive.yet nothing has been done to stop this abuse of power!that murderer needs to burn in hell along with his supporters.why are people so quick to take the side of the police?havent we learned from rodney king?ruby ridge?i will not rest untill justice is served!lets all stand up for the innocent man killed by an evil trigger happy galion police officer.maybe we can prevent this from happening again
YOU REALLY SHOULD SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP SON...
JUSTICE

Dublin, OH

#13 Sep 10, 2007
chris wrote:
He wasnt charging at anybody. He dropped the gun and they shot him anyways. My bestfriend was his roomate and saw eveything happen. He dropped the gun and stumbled because he was drinking. Adam wouldnt ever hurt anybody. He sserved this country in Irac and he was in school he had everything going for him. R.I.P. u will forever be loved and missed. Take care of Brittany and Jay Are for me.
YOU EXPECT US TO BELIEVE THAT THE GALION POLICE JUST GO AROUND SHOOTING PEOPLE?
IF HE WAS SHOT, THEN OBVIOUSLY HE WAS PUTTING SOMEONES LIFE IN DANGER...
POOH

Dublin, OH

#14 Sep 10, 2007
you uneducated people need to get your facts straight,
if the man wouldn't have gotten himself intoxicated and pointed a weapon at the police, then he wouldn't have been shot!
put yourself in the officers shoes, they have a responsibility to protect and serve. and that includes protecting themselves as well.
HULKMAN

Plain City, OH

#15 Sep 10, 2007
kelly wrote:
people above me seemed to have made false and shocking statements that have no merit!to list things sooo incredibly false as if they were true is wrong.especially in a situation like this.you should be ashamed!
WHAT DO YOU KNOW KELLY? YOU'RE IN WACO TEXAS, GETTING ALL OF YOUR INFO SECOND HAND. YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU GO CURSING THE POLICE. IT'S TOUGH BEING COP, EVERYBODY HATES YOU, UNTIL THEY NEED YOU. NOW, ABOUT ADAM YES, IT IS TRAGIC HE IS GONE; BUT HERE'S A COUPLE OF QUICK TIPS FOR ALL YOU KIDDIES OUT THERE:#1 DO NOT WALK AROUND(ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE INTOXICATED) WITH A GUN.#2 DON'T POINT GUNS AT POLICE OFFICERS. THAT OFFICER HAS/HAD EVERY RIGHT TO HOME TO HIS WIFE AND HIS CHILDREN, WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO, GET SHOT? YOU WANNA BE GHETTO SMURFS NEED TO SHUT UP AND REALIZE THAT IF WEREN'T FOR THE POLICE YOUR SORRY SELVES WOULD PROBABLY IN A WORLD OF HURT. HULK OUT!
A CONCERNED CITIZEN

Dublin, OH

#16 Sep 10, 2007
i think thoat those officer deserve a medal!!!
i feel safe, with those officers watching out for all of us.
mike

Lakeview, OH

#17 Sep 10, 2007
well lets see? what do i know bout police work. 1. police are trained to disarm, not to kill. he killed on first shot! he did not do his job correctly! and 2. adam was a very very very good friend of mine! so dont ask me what the fuck i know about police work! my best friend is an officer and even says its bullshit what happened
Vince

Shelby, OH

#19 Sep 11, 2007
Police officers are not trained to disarm, and less lethal weapons are not to be used in lethal force situations involving firearms. Police officers are trained to neutralize the threat, when they go to the range they train to shoot center mass until there is no threat. So yes as sad as it may sound police officers do train to kill when it becomes necessary. What would you be saying if your friend who is the police officer was put into a situation where he had to make a split second decision to shoot or not? How would you respond to the family and friends of the person in that situation. Put your anger aside for a minute and let the Ohio Bureau of Investigation and Criminal Identification and the Crawford County Sheriff's Office finish their investigation. I am sure all the evidence will be taken to the grand jury for a bill or no bill vote.
URNightmare

Lima, OH

#20 Sep 11, 2007
Vince wrote:
Police officers are not trained to disarm, and less lethal weapons are not to be used in lethal force situations involving firearms. Police officers are trained to neutralize the threat, when they go to the range they train to shoot center mass until there is no threat. So yes as sad as it may sound police officers do train to kill when it becomes necessary. What would you be saying if your friend who is the police officer was put into a situation where he had to make a split second decision to shoot or not? How would you respond to the family and friends of the person in that situation. Put your anger aside for a minute and let the Ohio Bureau of Investigation and Criminal Identification and the Crawford County Sheriff's Office finish their investigation. I am sure all the evidence will be taken to the grand jury for a bill or no bill vote.
My support goes out to the Officers involved. God bless them for responding to this situation to make us all safer. I in fact know the Officer's involved, and can state for FACT they did their job correctly, and by the book. I have sympathy for the life lost, however seek these kind of people help before these incidents. Don't come to the podium after tradgedy. God bless GPD/and the family!
bob

Sun Prairie, WI

#24 Sep 11, 2007
mike wrote:
well lets see? what do i know bout police work. 1. police are trained to disarm, not to kill. he killed on first shot! he did not do his job correctly! and 2. adam was a very very very good friend of mine! so dont ask me what the fuck i know about police work! my best friend is an officer and even says its bullshit what happened
You sound like a really intelligent person. I love the use of foul language for everyone to read. Let's wait until the results of the investigation before you make judgements

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Gilead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immigrants come here to work, area residents say (Apr '06) 19 hr Rita g 17
Cardington Yutaka Technologies (Apr '13) Tue Chris 181
cardington yutaka technologies cyt (Apr '13) Dec 5 Chris 2
What is M.G. like (Feb '14) Dec 1 belaflor 3
Pagans/ Wiccans and Witches (Nov '10) Nov 22 PinPrick 41
Galion Girls Basketball (Jan '14) Nov 20 Simon Says 3
Galion police officer cleared in fatal shooting (Sep '07) Nov '14 FriendsInBetterPl... 20
Mount Gilead Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mount Gilead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mount Gilead News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Gilead

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:30PM