Mother, daughter killed in central Wisconsin crash

Full story: TwinCities.com

Police believe alcohol may have been involved in a crash that killed a mother and daughter in central Wisconsin.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Oct 26, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
my prayers

Victoria, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

to the family....
SAD

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Well give this man the father of the year award! What a loser! Drinking and driving with his family in the car. Well, he gets to live the rest of his life rotting in prison knowing he killed his wife and daughter!
What is it going to take for people to learn that drinking and driving kills!!!???
Jessica

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

2

To SAD from Prior Lake, MN: you are not a better person for making these comments. The involvement of alchohol has not yet been confirmed, and these words are insensitive and HURTFUL to anyone who is actually trying to cope with this incident. Please find a new venue for expressing concern over drunk driving in the future.
yokas

Buffalo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Very Sad story, I hope he get's some help to deal with his loss, I could not imagine what he is going through. Prayers to ALL the family & friends for their loss.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Jessica wrote:
To SAD from Prior Lake, MN: you are not a better person for making these comments. The involvement of alchohol has not yet been confirmed, and these words are insensitive and HURTFUL to anyone who is actually trying to cope with this incident. Please find a new venue for expressing concern over drunk driving in the future.
No offense intended, Jessica, but if this is the best place you can think of to 'cope' with this accident, you need to step away from the computer a little more often...
Tammy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

I hope the guy rots from the guilt of killing his family.

How foolish to think one is above the law and can drink and drive.

Criminal vehicular homicie is what he should be charged with.
Bill

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Are we jumping to conclusions? The story just says alcohol may have been involved, but it doesn't mention anything about by whom. Are we sure there aren't other parties involved yet?
Lisa

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Thoughts and prayers to this entire family. What a tragedy. I cannot imagine the guilt that this man will carry for the rest of his life regardless of his BAC results.

My thoughts go out to the surviving 9 year old who will have to move forward without his mother or sister and a father who will live with guilt every day.
Hold your judgements

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

They say alcohol is a possible factor. Not a definite. And who's to say how much he actually had to drink if any at all. Plenty of people, probably most of you included, have a beer and drive without even thinking. Let's wait until they confirm it before we jump on the bandwagon of bashing this man. He was probably a good family man who made one bad decision that he will regret for the rest of his life. Let's not forget that his wife most likely willingly got in the car with her husband behind the wheel, so she obviously felt comfortable with his ability to drive. It's tragic no matter how you try to spin this story.
Friend of Erin

Mosinee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I totally agree with "hold your judgements" comment. Erin was a good friend of mine. We went to school and danced together. Her family life was normal, this tragedy could have happened to any of us. I can't imagine the pain and loss her dad is going through right now. Hopefully he will pull through for her little brother, Jordan.
One who cares

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Friend of Erin wrote:
I totally agree with "hold your judgements" comment. Erin was a good friend of mine. We went to school and danced together. Her family life was normal, this tragedy could have happened to any of us. I can't imagine the pain and loss her dad is going through right now. Hopefully he will pull through for her little brother, Jordan.
You are right; and you are a good friend. Keep Erin alive in your heart and know that
the God who made her is with her now.

God bless, sweetheart.
Sadder but wiser

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I agree with the person who said many people have a beer and drive without thinking it will be a problem. It doesn't take much to have a .08. I tell you, the only way not to have a DUI someday is to drink nothing, not a drop, if you're driving. Otherwise, if you drink at all and drive, you too will be in the DUI picture one day.
SAD

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jessica wrote:
To SAD from Prior Lake, MN: you are not a better person for making these comments. The involvement of alchohol has not yet been confirmed, and these words are insensitive and HURTFUL to anyone who is actually trying to cope with this incident. Please find a new venue for expressing concern over drunk driving in the future.
To Jessica from the United States; there's a reply button next to each post.
I dont need a new venue to express my concerns over drunk driving, this was a perfect article to express concerns in since they noted "alcohol may have played a factor".
They wouldnt print that, the police wouldnt say that, unless it was a factor.
Jessica

Wausau, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I read the attacks yesterday on Travis and got so angry it made me lose sight of what's important, which is this - Jen lit up my day. I already miss her funny stories. You could come to her and ask for advice and she'd solve the problem with that sense of humor. If you talked to her, you laughed with her. I hope someone who loved her reads this and sees how special she was. It's touching to see so many posts in support of the family. It's all so surreal. I'll miss her.

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jessica wrote:
I read the attacks yesterday on Travis and got so angry it made me lose sight of what's important, which is this - Jen lit up my day. I already miss her funny stories. You could come to her and ask for advice and she'd solve the problem with that sense of humor. If you talked to her, you laughed with her. I hope someone who loved her reads this and sees how special she was. It's touching to see so many posts in support of the family. It's all so surreal. I'll miss her.
Jessica, bless you for your touching words. I agree with the poster who said you're a good friend. Keep Erin and Jen with you in spirit always. From your words, it sounds like they were both really good people who will be deeply missed by many. My heart goes out to Travis and Jordan. Their burden is heavy and they need friends like you now more than ever. Zen
One who cares

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

Jessica wrote:
I read the attacks yesterday on Travis and got so angry it made me lose sight of what's important, which is this - Jen lit up my day. I already miss her funny stories. You could come to her and ask for advice and she'd solve the problem with that sense of humor. If you talked to her, you laughed with her. I hope someone who loved her reads this and sees how special she was. It's touching to see so many posts in support of the family. It's all so surreal. I'll miss her.
With friends like you, her life must have been full. Put a picture
of her in your heart and imagine her in the arms of the One that
made her and Erin; it will sustain you in the times to come. I
know this is true; I lost a son, and I am still here to tell others
about it. When you are strong, share it with others. When you are
angry, give it to God and he will take it away. When you are
reflective, just remember your friends and they will live.

God bless, dear friend.
D Miller

Hudson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

As a retired police officer (who also teaches classes to OWI and multiple OWI offenders in Wisconsin) I find it shocking the extent to which people fail to understand the danger of drinking and driving.

While it's true that the extent to which Mr. Ploman was impaired has not yet been determined, the fact is that if he had been drinking at all, he shouldn't have been driving. That alone makes this accident preventable, which makes this even more tragic.

If your sons or daughters were about to get into a car with someone who had been drinking (even only one or two beers) would you try to decide if they were impaired before you let your kids get in the car or would you decide that they shouldn't ride with them no matter how much they'd had to drink?

The point I'm making is this: Is it more important to justify how much alcohol impairs somebody, or simply to make the decision that if you're driving you shouldn't be drinking...PERIOD?

My prayers go out to Travis and his son and Jennifer's family.
SAD

Prior Lake, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 26, 2009
 
D Miller wrote:
As a retired police officer (who also teaches classes to OWI and multiple OWI offenders in Wisconsin) I find it shocking the extent to which people fail to understand the danger of drinking and driving.
While it's true that the extent to which Mr. Ploman was impaired has not yet been determined, the fact is that if he had been drinking at all, he shouldn't have been driving. That alone makes this accident preventable, which makes this even more tragic.
If your sons or daughters were about to get into a car with someone who had been drinking (even only one or two beers) would you try to decide if they were impaired before you let your kids get in the car or would you decide that they shouldn't ride with them no matter how much they'd had to drink?
The point I'm making is this: Is it more important to justify how much alcohol impairs somebody, or simply to make the decision that if you're driving you shouldn't be drinking...PERIOD?
My prayers go out to Travis and his son and Jennifer's family.
I for one agree with you sir! These people that are saying that we are wrong are so wrong themselves! Two innocent lives are gone because this man decided to get behind the wheel after drinking. PERIOD!
Drinking and driving kills! How many people need to die before people get it!?
John

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 26, 2009
 
Tammy wrote:
I hope the guy rots from the guilt of killing his family.
How foolish to think one is above the law and can drink and drive.
Criminal vehicular homicie is what he should be charged with.
As horrible as this is, no one has ANY right to pass judgment. Obviously his judgment was impaired and I don't he thought he was above the law. I'm not making excuses or accept his fatal decision but it's not up to you, me or anyone else to pass judgment.

What Travis did was inexcusable. He has to carry this guilt with him the rest of his life. This is my wife's family and they are all grieving this horrific loss which could have been avoided by simply not driving. However, vicious and malicious comments are not called for and are hurtful to family members who are following the story by the internet.

So I ask please think carefully about what you write and keep in mind there is still a 9 year old boy who is more than capable of reading these comments that only has 1 parent left. He's going to need all the support and love he can get. Some of these comments are just as bad and hateful as the act committed and you should think twice before simply writing how someone should rot amd die.
Bob

Hastings, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 26, 2009
 
Before the lynch mob comes out maybe wait to hear the results from the blood tests. Maybe he only had a couple of beers and was fine. You can't tell me that none of you hasn't went to dinner and had a beer or two with the wife and then drove home. Now if the guy was ripped then he shouldn't have been driving.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mosinee Discussions

Search the Mosinee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 10 hr Teabilly Heaven 7,012
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 13 hr BOBBY 452
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Christians Celebrate 'Good Friday' (Apr '10) Jun '14 Truths 7,725
Kenneth Juedes (Jan '07) Apr '14 Citizen 9
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45
Fire starts as bride and groom are pronounced wed Apr '14 weird 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mosinee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mosinee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mosinee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mosinee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••