Who Is The Best & Flashiest Guitar Player In Morristown?

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
123_GoNow

Hermitage, TN

#1 Jun 21, 2011
Get It Started!
many

Morristown, TN

#2 Jun 21, 2011
Stanley Lemmons is a good one!
uumm

Morristown, TN

#3 Jun 21, 2011
chris taylor
u guys

Rock Hill, SC

#4 Jun 21, 2011
Riley cole!! He may be young but damn he can play with the best of them!!
please...

United States

#5 Jun 21, 2011
Ben Eller (well i think he's from jeff city but close enough)

“I love facebook”

Since: Jun 10

Loving life

#6 Jun 21, 2011
[QUOTE who="please..."]Ben Eller (well i think he's from jeff city but close enough)[/QUOTE]Agreed, he still teaching at the fret store here in town?

Since: Mar 09

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jun 21, 2011
Phillip Sandefer, teacher at Fret Store.
please...

United States

#8 Jun 21, 2011
Slowhand2009 wrote:
Oh yes...how did i forget.

“I love facebook”

Since: Jun 10

Loving life

#9 Jun 21, 2011
Slowhand2009 wrote:
I forgot all about Phillip lol and that is sad because I went to school with him. Wow he is amazing but I like Ben also.
all depends

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jun 21, 2011
These "who's the best" XXXXX in Morristown questions can't be quantified in the singular. If you want to get a true picture then you would have to break it down by genre. For example, who is the best rock guitarist. Who is the best metal guitarist. Who is the best country guitarist. Who is the best classical guitarist. Who is the best flat picker. Who is the best finger picker. Again, there are so many styles and genres that you can't use a broad spectrum and say such and such is the best.

Now that I've got that out of the way. To my knowledge, I am the only person that I know of that finger picks Chet Atkins / Jerry Reed style. I've been to pickin in the park a couple of times - once to observe and once to play - and never ran into anyone else that finger picks. My guitar is a nylon string electric and without amplification one would be hard pressed to hear it. I had a small battery powered amp to plug it into, but it was brought to my attention that no amps of any type were allowed. So after playing a few songs that could not be heard and getting mosquito bites, I packed it in and went home.
123_GoNow

Hermitage, TN

#11 Jun 21, 2011
Ok. All of these guys are great. But none of them are flashy on stage. Who puts it on best live. Showmanship, entertaining, & pulla out all the stops on stage?
otis

Morristown, TN

#12 Jun 21, 2011
Flashy??????? yeah....the REAL test of musicianship...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
many

Morristown, TN

#13 Jun 21, 2011
Slowhand2009 wrote:
Stan Lemmomns was blowing him away in 1980 and still is

Ask Phillip he will admit it
2nd Opinion

Morristown, TN

#14 Jun 21, 2011
all depends wrote:
These "who's the best" XXXXX in Morristown questions can't be quantified in the singular. If you want to get a true picture then you would have to break it down by genre. For example, who is the best rock guitarist. Who is the best metal guitarist. Who is the best country guitarist. Who is the best classical guitarist. Who is the best flat picker. Who is the best finger picker. Again, there are so many styles and genres that you can't use a broad spectrum and say such and such is the best.
Now that I've got that out of the way. To my knowledge, I am the only person that I know of that finger picks Chet Atkins / Jerry Reed style. I've been to pickin in the park a couple of times - once to observe and once to play - and never ran into anyone else that finger picks. My guitar is a nylon string electric and without amplification one would be hard pressed to hear it. I had a small battery powered amp to plug it into, but it was brought to my attention that no amps of any type were allowed. So after playing a few songs that could not be heard and getting mosquito bites, I packed it in and went home.
There's plenty of fingerstyle guitar players. Just go to youtube sometime and search "fingerstyle guitar"
all depends

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jun 21, 2011
2nd Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of fingerstyle guitar players. Just go to youtube sometime and search "fingerstyle guitar"
Never said there were not others that play fingerstyle guitar, I personally know seven of the best finger pickers in the country. However, the title of this thread specifically addresses guitar players in Morristown, and what I did say was as far as I know, I am the only fingerpicker in Morristown.
all depends

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jun 21, 2011
And before you say that I did not put the word "Morristown" in my OP, again, it is a given because the title of this thread specifically addresses guitar players in Morristown.
Insomnia

Morristown, TN

#17 Jun 21, 2011
Victor Griffin - Place of Skulls! He is so talented. Its Christan Rock! I'm usually not a fan of that but you have to watch some of his video's. He is on Facebook you should look him up!

Since: Jun 11

Nashville, TN

#18 Jun 21, 2011
I'm not sure of his last name, lol....But Theres a teacher at Lloyds Music Mart, his Name Is Billy, He was classically trained, but he can play the crap outta some rock, although he plays pretty much everything! He is giving my husband guitar lessons, and im a singer, not a player...and i was/am very impressed with his playing! And another one is Kim Williams. He not only plays, but he writes music as well, like Big-time songs lol...hes written award winning songs, like for Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Brooks N Dunn..alot of big artists. Love Kim, he's the man!:)

Since: Mar 09

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jun 21, 2011
fb freak wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot all about Phillip lol and that is sad because I went to school with him. Wow he is amazing but I like Ben also.
Phillip is not flashy. He plays with style, never misses a lick and can play any genre. He is far too good to be stuck in Morristown. Still, we might as well enjoy him while he is here.
please...

United States

#20 Jun 22, 2011
I also forgot about Andy Page (I hope I got the name right). Not sure if he's still around here or not, but he taught guitar at walters state while I was there and he is very talented!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barry Poole 32 min bohart 12
We are looking for Hay for our Donkeys 41 min Mule 8
P.S.A. Servers only make $2.13 an hour 42 min oopsie 21
Do you sleep in a recliner instead of a bed? (Dec '10) 43 min WTSkank 27
Anybody remember Petie's Pool (Nov '08) 50 min yes 26
14yrs of being married 1 hr single4life 7
Pastor Richard Emmert 3 hr I believe 329
Morristown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web