Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#46 Aug 11, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
I hate to be mean, but talk about squirming tater can't feel too good about the vp pick. I'm sure he knows how Ryan feels about SS and medicare.
Don't worry about being mean, tater has resorted to name calling as most people do when they know they have no argument. Why should tater worry about SS and medicare? He is already receiving those and knows that Ryan's plan won't touch him. Now, if he were in his 30's or 40's, he'd have lots to worry about, unless he thinks he can match today's Medicare benefits with one of Ryan's vouchers.

Let's see, Paul Ryan wants to destroy Medicare, destroy education, raise taxes on the middle class but lower taxes on the wealthy while cutting services to the poor and disabled. Yeah, that would probably lower our deficit, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in a country that looks like that.

I noticed that Ryan was tater's number one pick for VP. That's really interesting, because the polls I've seen show that there are essentially two groups of people when it comes to Paul Ryan: Those who have never heard of him and those who don't like him.

Just to show that there is a silver lining behind every cloud, I have found one here: If Romney and Ryan get elected, I bet my bank stocks will make a huge comeback. I might want to dump any I have in socially- and environmentally-responsible companies, though.
East Tennessee Voter

United States

#47 Aug 11, 2012
My Mind is made up I will vote for Romney/Ryan because if nothing else I am voting against the Obama record.
Run Mit Run

Morristown, TN

#48 Aug 11, 2012
East Tennessee Voter wrote:
My Mind is made up I will vote for Romney/Ryan because if nothing else I am voting against the Obama record.
Not surprised and I'm positive our party knows this , after all we are good ole East Tennessee goobers who like to eat dirt. Your kids are grown don't need insurance, your health is good don't need any Obama care, your daughters need to just stay home and raise kids not be out competing with men for a living wage. Education, student loans, all them liberal programs are just bull sh**. What we need is another war to boost this economy anyway, Syria is already in the making just for the taking and my party won't pussyfoot around waiting for them to make the first move. Can't wait till November and watch the democrats eat dust. What do think about them taters ex-vol and all you libtarts.
Just Saying

Morristown, TN

#49 Aug 11, 2012
tater wrote:
Your a fool Ryan is the only pick i would agree with he expects this country to live within its means and I don't have to have SS but lots of people do and they will be fine. Business will start back up and the government will get out of the way but of course you and Ev will vote the fool we have back in and the country will crash.
Back with the name calling, glad you are independently wealthy and don't need to collect your SS. I'm sure if you send the money back the government will be happy to find a better use for it. No wonder you support the republicans you are of the 1%, gee I am impressed.
Two Choices

United States

#50 Aug 12, 2012
Obama=print more money, no budget plan of yet.

Romney=Jobs, Balance the budget, make the tough decisions for countries survival, did I mention jobs.
Two Choices

United States

#51 Aug 12, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Back with the name calling, glad you are independently wealthy and don't need to collect your SS. I'm sure if you send the money back the government will be happy to find a better use for it. No wonder you support the republicans you are of the 1%, gee I am impressed.
How well do you budget your income? Are you over your head in debt?
We have a choice and it's clear Tax and Spend or Cut and Conserve. For me the Party of NO is much better than the Party of Anything GOs .NO MO B.O. in 2012 = JOBS JOBS and Lower Taxes. Healthcare is not sustainable under obamacare the lies as usual have come out and the cost is more than taxes can keep up with. Sooner or later the tough decisions will have to be made. Do you agree? or how long and how much money can be printed with consequences?

Location hidden

#52 Aug 12, 2012
Two Choices wrote:
Obama=print more money, no budget plan of yet.
Romney=Jobs, Balance the budget, make the tough decisions for countries survival, did I mention jobs.
These are all very lofty goals, but the problem is that Romney has not put forth any information as to how he is going to achieve them. I read in this week's Time Magazine that he said his deficit reduction plan is very similar to Simpson-Bowles, but that plan has already been rejected by both parties.

Bringing it down to a personal level, it is very easy to live within your means if you don't try to provide a home, food, or clothing for your family. Living within a budget does not just mean not buying anything.

Yes, you mentioned jobs, as has President Obama, several times. The Times article mentions that he has repeatedly proposed a Jobs Act, which has been rejected at every turn by the Senate Republicans, even though it contains lots of things Republicans supposedly approve of, such as tax cuts for small businesses.

If Romney is elected, it will likely result in a republican majority in both houses. Let's see how much he gets accomplished in two years. He has already told us how much he plans to UNDO; I am curious as to whether or not he plans to DO anything other than push legislation that will destroy our environment within a short period of time.
LMAO

Kingsport, TN

#53 Aug 12, 2012
The Federal Gov. should not be anywhere near what a monster it is. The Federal Gov. should only protect our borders, control import tariffs to keep our economy equal to the rate of inflation with out allowing slave labor supplied products to drive out jobs and deflate wages. The Federal Gov. should control wars and national postal issues. There should be one national drivers licsense, Not 50 diffrent ones ,a state shold be allowed to issue a state drivers lisense for a driver to drive in thier state only. The federal gov. should handle nuclear power plants only. The rest should be up to individual states to regulate. Each state should handle its own healthcare, welfare, and everything else inside is borders. The Federal Gov. has way over stepped its bounds. There is not a reason to have all these three letter agencies in America, They produce nothing and cost trillions. The FBI is a maybe, if ran to protect Americans and not to spy on them. Federal laws pertaining to Immigration, Enviroment, and so forth should be handled by states. Either that or abolish all state agencies and let the federal Gov run it all. Issue national birth certificates, drivers licsenses, health cre and welfare, and set all standards the same.
tater

Jefferson City, TN

#54 Aug 12, 2012
I still have no explanation of bottom up economics and am waiting. As for Ryan I really understand why a communist would have a problem with him he isn't for the government taking peoples money and spending it on foolish programs. I really understand the communist stand on not making people on welfare find employment they likely won't want to give money they work for to the government and would not vote for democrats.
I really understand why the education system is up in arms as they would likely have to explain how a teacher over fifty years ago making $3,000.00 a year and selling encyclopedias all summer to make ends meet taught two grades in one room with over thirty students in total and better educated them than they educate kids today.
I understand how a communist sees the environment as a problem they have all of that propaganda on those websites produced by the progressives to keep them in line so its only makes sense that they absorb it. The truth doesn't matter that when we actually did have dirty water everybody went to work to clean it up but only one side saw it as a opportunity to decolonize people over it. I understand why when the dirty water and air issue wore out that they started on global warming have to keep something there for them to rally for you know. I understand why they gathered up the entire community of gays, criminals, welfare recipients, and totally out of their mind environmentalist groups they need the votes to turn America into a communist state.
Now what I don't understand is why there are 46% or more of the people in America today the support more welfare, higher gas prices, skyrocketing utility costs, outrageous grocery prices, UN-affordable travel expense, exorbitant dry goods cost and higher cost associated with just everyday living. I don't understand how you can be told daily that the government is in debt 16 trillion dollars and borrowing 40 cents of every dollar they are spending at a record rate borrowing it from China and still support such reckless behavior.
I can;t understand how 46% of Americans think that they have SS available to them if we continue this practice but believe that Ryan's plan will take it away. I really don't know where you guys went to school but I can guess who was your teacher. People the worm has turned and its your choice either we take the driving lines in our hands and get this mess cleaned up, and I don't believe Ryan's plan goes far enough we will need real sacrificial to do this, or we can just vote for more government and end up in the work camp down the road.
tater

Jefferson City, TN

#55 Aug 12, 2012
LMAO wrote:
The Federal Gov. should not be anywhere near what a monster it is. The Federal Gov. should only protect our borders, control import tariffs to keep our economy equal to the rate of inflation with out allowing slave labor supplied products to drive out jobs and deflate wages. The Federal Gov. should control wars and national postal issues. There should be one national drivers licsense, Not 50 diffrent ones ,a state shold be allowed to issue a state drivers lisense for a driver to drive in thier state only. The federal gov. should handle nuclear power plants only. The rest should be up to individual states to regulate. Each state should handle its own healthcare, welfare, and everything else inside is borders. The Federal Gov. has way over stepped its bounds. There is not a reason to have all these three letter agencies in America, They produce nothing and cost trillions. The FBI is a maybe, if ran to protect Americans and not to spy on them. Federal laws pertaining to Immigration, Enviroment, and so forth should be handled by states. Either that or abolish all state agencies and let the federal Gov run it all. Issue national birth certificates, drivers licsenses, health cre and welfare, and set all standards the same.
Your a very wise poster and right on target.
Repubulic

Red Hook, NY

#56 Aug 12, 2012
I like Romney and Ryan And I am a Republican, but I am offended when somebody calls 46% of Americans communist because the are not Republicans, name calling when some people doesn't agree with your thinking shows great arrogance. It it shows signs of desperation.

Location hidden

#57 Aug 12, 2012
tater wrote:
I still have no explanation of bottom up economics and am waiting. As for Ryan I really understand why a communist would have a problem with him he isn't for the government taking peoples money and spending it on foolish programs. I really understand the communist stand on not making people on welfare find employment they likely won't want to give money they work for to the government and would not vote for democrats.
I really understand why the education system is up in arms as they would likely have to explain how a teacher over fifty years ago making $3,000.00 a year and selling encyclopedias all summer to make ends meet taught two grades in one room with over thirty students in total and better educated them than they educate kids today.
I understand how a communist sees the environment as a problem they have all of that propaganda on those websites produced by the progressives to keep them in line so its only makes sense that they absorb it. The truth doesn't matter that when we actually did have dirty water everybody went to work to clean it up but only one side saw it as a opportunity to decolonize people over it. I understand why when the dirty water and air issue wore out that they started on global warming have to keep something there for them to rally for you know. I understand why they gathered up the entire community of gays, criminals, welfare recipients, and totally out of their mind environmentalist groups they need the votes to turn America into a communist state.
Now what I don't understand is why there are 46% or more of the people in America today the support more welfare, higher gas prices, skyrocketing utility costs, outrageous grocery prices, UN-affordable travel expense, exorbitant dry goods cost and higher cost associated with just everyday living. I don't understand how you can be told daily that the government is in debt 16 trillion dollars and borrowing 40 cents of every dollar they are spending at a record rate borrowing it from China and still support such reckless behavior.
I can;t understand how 46% of Americans think that they have SS available to them if we continue this practice but believe that Ryan's plan will take it away. I really don't know where you guys went to school but I can guess who was your teacher. People the worm has turned and its your choice either we take the driving lines in our hands and get this mess cleaned up, and I don't believe Ryan's plan goes far enough we will need real sacrificial to do this, or we can just vote for more government and end up in the work camp down the road.
Just keep on attacking teachers, tater. Many of us on here grew up in Morristown and probably had some of the same teachers but came out with different perspectives. That tells me that our teachers did not try to indoctrinate us. Our teachers tried to teach us respect and civility. I guess those weren't in the curriculum in Ohio.

Have we attacked YOUR "profession?"

Location hidden

#58 Aug 12, 2012
Repubulic wrote:
I like Romney and Ryan And I am a Republican, but I am offended when somebody calls 46% of Americans communist because the are not Republicans, name calling when some people doesn't agree with your thinking shows great arrogance. It it shows signs of desperation.
I agree.
Limerick

Morristown, TN

#59 Aug 12, 2012
Ex-Vol in FL wrote:
<quoted text>
These are all very lofty goals, but the problem is that Romney has not put forth any information as to how he is going to achieve them. I read in this week's Time Magazine that he said his deficit reduction plan is very similar to Simpson-Bowles, but that plan has already been rejected by both parties.
Bringing it down to a personal level, it is very easy to live within your means if you don't try to provide a home, food, or clothing for your family. Living within a budget does not just mean not buying anything.
Yes, you mentioned jobs, as has President Obama, several times. The Times article mentions that he has repeatedly proposed a Jobs Act, which has been rejected at every turn by the Senate Republicans, even though it contains lots of things Republicans supposedly approve of, such as tax cuts for small businesses.
If Romney is elected, it will likely result in a republican majority in both houses. Let's see how much he gets accomplished in two years. He has already told us how much he plans to UNDO; I am curious as to whether or not he plans to DO anything other than push legislation that will destroy our environment within a short period of time.
You're right, there's no announcement,
Of the plans he's yet to make;
Yet TV ads say he'll give to rich,
And from the middle class take.

Do you support such propaganda?
Spreading most vicious lies;
The dirtiest bunch of assholes,
What they'll say next won't surprise.

Cause they're trying to capture the fearful,
Those of low intelligence;
I'm surprised you're buying into this,
Buying votes through entitlements.

Location hidden

#60 Aug 12, 2012
tater wrote:
I still have no explanation of bottom up economics and am waiting.
Do you not have google? If you google it, you can find many opinions both positive and negative.

Remember when George W. Bush handed out those tax rebates in order to "stimulate the economy?" Although it was too little and MUCH too late, the thinking behind that was that if people had money, they would spend it by buying things. Buying things drives up demand, which creates jobs. Creating jobs increases the amount of revenues collected by the government, thus reducing the budget deficit.

Some of us believe that instead of just handing out money, we should provide JOBS for people who need them. It has been well-established that our infrastructure is crumbling and is in dire need of repair. Creating projects to repair our roads, bridges, and airports would create a lot of jobs. This would decrease people's dependency on government assistance, right? This would increase the revenues needed to help balance the budget, right? This would make our roads, bridges, and airports much safer for everyone, which is a good thing, right? I cannot for the life of me understand where the problem with this plan lies. How would YOU suggest we pay for the repairs to our infrastructure? If the government doesn't pay to repair a bridge, who will? Shall we put up toll booths?

Okay, I have tried to explain what I mean. The conservative position is that if we cut taxes to wealthy people and corporations they will use that money to create jobs, and they may. However, there is no guarantee that those jobs will be created in the U.S.
LMAO

Kingsport, TN

#61 Aug 12, 2012
Name calling is the tool of ignorance. We may all have diffrent ideas and thoughts about politics and other subjects. Civil debate and sharing your ideas in a constructive way is educational to all sides of an issue. I will admit to using sarcasm and metaphors when factual debate is in-effective with certain posters. Its just another way to provide a visual aspect to your opinion. Numbers and facts should still for the basis of your arguement. Emotional responses can also be effective, and visual. Yet if you allow yourself to be led by emotions , you tend to lose track of the original issue and become sidetracked . This thread was about Obama and supposeded lies and truths surrounding his various issues. 54 posts later we are far away from our original starting point.
tater

Jefferson City, TN

#62 Aug 12, 2012
My profession doesn't have a captive audience and I have not stated that all teachers have an agenda. I stated only the truth about teachers and will go further. Teachers need to be stating the facts as they are in America and that is that America has a blueprint for its creation and by following that blueprint it became the most successful nation on earth in the shortest amount of time. That blueprint is individual accomplishment and the right to strive to succeed. America doesn't need to be transformed and its wealth needs no redistribution. America does not need more welfare recipients or extended unemployment with food stamps being handed out in record numbers. America does not need more disabled on pensions living from hand to mouth.
America needs a new tomorrow with opportunity and the freedom to escalate to a higher level without government regulation standing on the heads of people with the initiative and ability to make this nation grow, America doesn't need a person with a clouded past and a cheering squad of defenders leading it down the path of self destruction with the point and blame game of Chicago politics attacking everybody and everything that attempts to bring America back. America does not need anymore lies and communist policies placed on its back America needs to be revived wit the principals of its birth and the political correctness of today thrown back where it belongs the gutter. America needs to dril for its own energy and cut some trees and build new business and say to heck with the stupid policies that have ruined a great nation and on with the business of rebuilding America.
The truth hurts but is still there for all to recognize. In the past sure we had some reckless practices that polluted rivers and air and no one is proposing going back to that but just because we attacked the problem and cleaned it up gives you no right to crush America under a blanket of regulation causing the largest loss of small business in history. Billions of dollars has been lost by good people in America forced out of business by the government and the tree hugger and they still want more blood from us. Billions have been taken away from people that worked hard and were not in the unions in the form of pensions grabbed by the government under Obama. Billions of dollars were taken from people with stock in banks and auto companies unlawfully by the government under Obama. Billions has been swept away from Medicare by the government, 700 billion to be exact, under obama that the progressive don't mention.
Progressives are totally wrong they see America as a hateful place and they divide the people by crating a welfare state and pointing to the rich while saying to the less fortunate look at how poor you are and they wont give you their money. Conservatives are cruel people that offer you the opportunity to pursue. Conservatives expect something from you and will give you the chance to excel but don't intend to keep you in poverty. There is no way you will ever get satisfaction in life or become wealthy on welfare. Welfare isn't supposed to be a way of life that is another lie of progressives. You need a job and you won't get one under Obama because the bottom is where you are and you certainly can't hire anyone. If you loose the top in America you tell me where your opportunity will come from.
If your on government assistance today you should be the last person to vote for a progressive because they put you there. Not only did they put you there but the will keep you there until your dying day. They will keep your kids there as well and the nation will slip steadily into poverty and become just a two tier society of the elite and the poverty stricken. You will see the light go out in your life and the initiative of a great nation die before you eyes. The very day that the collective you didn't build that mentality takes over is the day America will become Greece.

Location hidden

#63 Aug 12, 2012
Limerick wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, there's no announcement,
Of the plans he's yet to make;
Yet TV ads say he'll give to rich,
And from the middle class take.
If that is not his plan,
Then he should let us know.
Heís supposed to be an idea man
But Iíve not see his ideas flow.
Limerick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support such propaganda?
Spreading most vicious lies;
The dirtiest bunch of assholes,
What they'll say next won't surprise.
I canít support what I donít believe
No matter who is spreading it.
The Romney plan I canít conceive;
That doesn't stop my dreading it.
Limerick wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause they're trying to capture the fearful,
Those of low intelligence;
I'm surprised you're buying into this,
Buying votes through entitlements.
Itís quite obvious that we disagree
On who is bright and who is not.
Do what you want, but as for me
Iím not willing to give old Mitt a shot.
tater

Jefferson City, TN

#64 Aug 12, 2012
I have stated only the truth about everything I have stated. I have not attempted to attack the teaching profession but I do tell it as it is with no reservations and you can walk into class rooms all over America and validate it for yourself. I realize that EV is a teacher and have no idea what she tells her students. I respect her as a person and would hope that she as I feel she would does not teach her philosophy in her classroom.
As most of you can tell we aren't on the same page politically. I do not believe that she is not intelligent as a matter of fact I know she is very intelligent but even intelligent people can be very wrong. I have a really hard time understanding her support of Obama due to the really transparent outlay of his failure which is the only thing transparent about the man or his regime. I will state my idea of her position or belief of her sturdy support for the man. I believe that she hates the mean old conservatives like me more than she despises the corruption of the progressives.
As Regan said you really don't have to be stupid to be a liberal but your still wrong.
tater

Jefferson City, TN

#65 Aug 12, 2012
Now for the infrastructure. I pay taxes for the use of the highway every time I fill up my gas tank where is that money? I have paid for the infrastructure to be kept up and have no initiative to borrow money and increase the debt to pay for something I already paid for. Progressive took the money we paid to keep the infrastructure intact and bought votes with it so you have no problem paying for it twice well I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Andrea Chandler? 14 min not amused 2
New Red Light Camera 35 min Faststang 180
shawnee smith 36 min Help 116
New 25e highway 36 min MacDaddyMcGee 3
Morristown Police Officers (Jun '09) 5 hr lil red vette 353
Wiegels attendant 6 hr Jason 3
Which churches are doing Trunk or Treat on Satu... (Oct '11) 7 hr Father touchy a lot 4

Freeze Watch for Hamblen County was issued at October 31 at 8:45PM CDT

Morristown Dating
Find my Match

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morristown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morristown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]