Dogfighting case pending in Hamblen County

Experts say dogfighting is a bloodsport that can rake in thousands of dollars for dog owners and spectators but can leave animals injured, sick and dead. Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Bout time

Lenoir City, TN

#1 Jul 26, 2007
I've got a solution. You know the "running of the bulls" like they have in Spain? Well, how about a "running of the pit bulls" where they pour steak juice all over the perpetrator of these inhumane crimes and turn about 100 pit bulls loose on them? Fair enough?
jere

Old Hickory, TN

#2 Jul 26, 2007
Just wondering how long it's gonna be before someone posts in here about how majestic a sport it is and how it has so much history and its "our" heritage and blah blah blah...
Jan

Franklin, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2007
Amen, Fair enough! What a sick-o who would raise these innocent dogs to fight just for their own way to make money. Get a job! Why use innocent animals to pay for your sickness? You better believe if they would do this to animals they would beat around on their kids and wives! They should be locked up or worse!!!!
FED UP

Dayton, TN

#4 Jul 26, 2007
I AM A ANIMAL LOVER, I BELIEVE THAT GOD CREATED THEM FOR HIS PLEASURE AS WELL AS OURS, I ALSO BELIEVE THEY HAVE FEELINGS JUST LIKE WE DO. ITS HEARTBREAKING TO SEE HOW SOME PEOPLE CAN ABUSE AND MISTREAT ANIMALS THE WAY THEY DO. THERE ARE NO COMPASSION IN THEIR HEARTS. THEY SAY ITS JUST A DUMB ANIMAL, WELL ITS NOT.. ANIMALS ARE NOT DUMB, THEY FEEL HUNGER, PAIN, SICKNESS, AND AFFECTION THE SAME AS WE DO, THERE SHOULD BE LAWS TO PROTECT ANIMALS AS THEY ARE AND THEY SHOULD BE ENFORCED,IM JUST GLAD SOMEONE IS STANDING UP FOR THOSE HELPLESS DOGS.....SHAME ON YOU MEN, ITS JUST PLAIN CRUEL.. LIVE AND LET LIVE... IN PEACE AND HARMONY WITH ALL OF GODS CREATIONS.
cathy

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jul 26, 2007
I don't see how anyone could sit by and enjoy watching these dogs fight.I thank it is cruel and discusting to me.
HAROLD 346

La Vergne, TN

#6 Jul 27, 2007
MAYBE THE DICTATOR SHERIFF IN THIS CRUMMY TOWN WILL STICK HIS NOSE IN THIS LIKE THE POOR HORSE
THAT DIED GLAD I DON'T LIVE IN THAT COUNTY,SEEMS
LIKE A BUNCH OF CROOKS RUN THE PLACE.I WILL STAY
IN KODAK
cynthia

Morristown, TN

#7 Jul 27, 2007
Bout time wrote:
I've got a solution. You know the "running of the bulls" like they have in Spain? Well, how about a "running of the pit bulls" where they pour steak juice all over the perpetrator of these inhumane crimes and turn about 100 pit bulls loose on them? Fair enough?
I agree with you! if people got the same thing ugly thing did to them that they put others through, i think crime would slow down lots.

“It is what it is!”

Since: Mar 07

Off The Beaten Path

#8 Jul 27, 2007
HAROLD 346 wrote:
MAYBE THE DICTATOR SHERIFF IN THIS CRUMMY TOWN WILL STICK HIS NOSE IN THIS LIKE THE POOR HORSE
THAT DIED GLAD I DON'T LIVE IN THAT COUNTY,SEEMS
LIKE A BUNCH OF CROOKS RUN THE PLACE.I WILL STAY
IN KODAK
I live in Hamblen County and I agree with you. The thing with situation is that the people involved in this case is not best buddies with the Sheriff. I am sure that if it was on of the Sheriff's friends he would have been the first in line with that mouth a runnng.

Also I want to say that Rich and Chris are top-notch people.
ggg

Athens, TN

#9 Jul 27, 2007
I think the owners of the dogs that have to fight should be shot
Intrepid

Dover, DE

#10 Jul 27, 2007
Degenerates who like these sorts of things- coc-kfighting and dogfighting are a blight on society. The people would turn a blind eye to this sort of stuff are just as culpable in my mind. How anyone can watch any living creature suffer and find some way to either justify it, or say, they don't care- "it's just a dog or rooster", raises serious concerns about that person's mental health. Please don't start the abortion issue or Iraq issue here to deflect what is a serious concern to many of us animal lovers. Even if one isn't an animal lover, this SHOULD sicken you. I hope someone has the stones to throw the book at this person in your county, and make an example of him. Vick is finding out the hard way how loathesome a creature he is and this local person should too... He should be shunned in the community for a start.
Beki

United States

#11 Jul 27, 2007
Please!! This is cruel to these Pits. That is what gives them such bad reputation. These people should be punished. 8 yrs?? Let me ask this how can rapists and killers get out after 2 or less sometimes...I think that most bad crimes like killing other people and abuse to children and spouses, I think people that do the worse crimes should, as we say in the south, get the book throwed at them.
billybob

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jul 27, 2007
whos dogs are these ?? come on wbir tell the whole story or dont tell anything
Janie Harper

United States

#13 Jul 27, 2007
I GET VERY UPSET WHEN I READ ARTICLES THAT SHOW ANIMAL CRUELTY OF ANY KIND. I HAVE HEARD OF AND ACTUALLY KNOW PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO RIGHT TO EVEN HAVE AN ANIMAL. I WISH THAT SOMETHING WOULD BE AND COULD BE DONE TO PUT A STOP TO ANIMAL CRUELTY. DOG FIGHTING IS VERY CRUEL AND I WOULD LOVE TO BE THE PERSON THAT PROSECUTES SOMEONE WHO IS GUILTY OF THIS CRIME. SLAPPING ON THE WRIST IS NOT WHAT I HAVE IN MIND. HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO CRUEL AS TO LET A FEW DOLLARS ENHANCE THEM TO SUBJECT AN INNOCENT VICTIM TO SUCH CRUELTY? THIS, I DON'T KNOW BUT I HOPE THAT THE LAW MAKES SOME REAL HARD PUNISHMENTS FOR PEOPLE THAT GET CAUGHT DOING THIS. MAYBE, WE SHOULD GET A MEAN, TOUGH, HEARTLESS PERSON FROM ONE OF THE TOUGHEST PRISONS AROUND AND PUT THESE PEOPLE IN A "DOG PEN" WITH HIM/HER AND JUST LET THEM FEEL WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE TO FIGHT TO LIVE.
Unacceptable

Knoxville, TN

#14 Jul 27, 2007
Totally unacceptable in todays world.

Perps should get life!

Since: Feb 07

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jul 27, 2007
Pit bulls are such beautiful dogs. It is because of people like this they get such a bad reputation.

These people should get the maximum time for this.
dee

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jul 27, 2007
If they made the sentence an automatic 25 years in jail, maybe they would think twice about it. I think they should be tied up next to a fire ant hill covered in honey.
Lisa

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jul 27, 2007
This makes me sick! I've had a Pit and he was the most loving, well mannered dog I have ever owned. They only thing he ever went after was my cat. I just can't imagine treating any animal this way especially an animal that is capable of loving you in return.
Jake

Asheville, NC

#18 Jul 27, 2007
Dog fighting is widely practiced in much of Latin America. I wonder why it is occurring in Hamblen County?
The Truth

Morristown, TN

#20 Jul 27, 2007
Jake wrote:
Dog fighting is widely practiced in much of Latin America. I wonder why it is occurring in Hamblen County?
It's always been here in the states just because it's praticed in other country's doesnt make it right.
In Hamblen County it's very wide spread

Bottom Line M.O.N.E.Y.
KOJACK

United States

#21 Jul 27, 2007
ACTUALLY I CAN'T SEE A WHOLE LOT WRONG WITH COCK FIGHTING, DOG FIGHTING OR BULL FIGHTING.

PIT BULLS STARTED OUT AS BEING BRED TO GO IN A BULL RING PIT TO ANTAGONIZE THE BULL BEFORE THE BULL FIGHT. THEY WERE BRED TO BE WORKING DOGS. THEY WERE NEVER BRED TO BE HOUSE DOGS, THEY WERE BRED TO FIGHT.

GAME COCK HENS AND ROOSTERS ARE WILD BIRDS, NOT PETS. THEY WERE NEVER BRED FOR EGG OR MEAT PRODUCTION. THEY WERE BRED TO FIGHT.

BULL FIGHTING WAS INTRODUCED TO RAISE THE ADRENALIN LEVEL IN THE MEAT AND SELECT THE PROPER BULL FOR BREEDING. IS IT CRUEL, I DON'T THINK SO.

PEOPLE ANYMORE DON'T BUY BIRD DOGS TO HUNT. THEY CALL IT CRUEL. THEY'LL BUY A LABIDOR, BRING IT HOME AND STICK IT IN A LOT AND HE NEVER GETS TO HUNT. HE JUST PINES HIS LIFE AWAY.

PEOPLE DRIVE BY A HERD OF CATTLE AND SEE A BABY BULL CALVE. THEY SAY "OH THAT'S THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD". THEN THE BABY BULL GROWS UP AND THEY CATCH HIM AND CUT HIS NUTS OFF AND BURN HIS HORNS OFF, AND THEY SAY" OH THAT'S CRUEL". THEN THEY STOP AND GET THEM A HAMBURGER OR A BIG STEAK ON THEIR WAY HOME. NEVER THINKING OF THAT ANIMALS LIFE. THEY USED TO KILL OR STUN BEEF WITH A 22 RIFLE, THEN THEY WENT TO A SLEDGE HAMMER AND I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY KILL THEM NOW. I'VE SEEN CATTLE WITH DOUBLE SKULLS COME IN THAT THEY HAD TO BEAT IN THE HEAD WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER TILL THEIR EYEBALLS POPPED OUT. WELL A LOT OF TIMES THEY WEREN'T DEAD BUT JUST STUNNED LONG ENOUGH TO CUT THEM OPEN.

THE WAY THE BIBLE SAYS TO KILL A SHEEP OR GOAT IS TO HANG HIM BY HIS REAR FEET, CUT HIS THROAT AND LET HIM BLED TO DEATH. THEY HANG THERE AND BLEED, CRY AND HOLLER TILL THEY ARE DEAD. THAT'S THE WAY THEY STILL KILL THEM.

NOW IF WE STOP EATING BEEF THEN WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO SEVERAL MILLION HEAD OF CATTLE IN TENNESSEE ALONE. PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO FEED THEM AND KEEP THEM AS PETS, SO CATTLE WILL DISAPPEAR EXCEPT IN ZOOS. THE PEOPLE WILL GO UNDER AND SO WILL THE ECONOMY.

PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO RAISE GAME COCKS UNLESS THEY CAN FIGHT THEM. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER USE. SO THEY NOW THEY ARE GONE.

I DON'T THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO KEEP PIT BULLS OR SPITZ AS PETS. IF THEY HAVE NO OTHER USE THEN KILL THEM ALL. DOGS ARE LIKE HUMANS, THEY ARE USELESS WITHOUT A PURPOSE.

NOW WE'VE CLEARED ENOUGH USELESS ANIMALS OUT OF OUR WAY TO BUILD A LOT OF HOUSES, BUT HOW WILL WE FEED THE PEOPLE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rich Williams is marrying me 1 hr Army wife 45
Food City built too close to park for beer permit 2 hr Wtf 70
Ashley Oloday 4 hr park boi 1
New Red Light Camera 4 hr Jake 164
Danielle Johnson Drinnon (May '10) 5 hr Username 42
looking for a striper for party 5 hr i know 2
Easr Offensive coordinator 7 hr PeterPumpkinEater 13
What's the best way to do "it" in the back door? 18 hr Get it 13
Morristown Dating
Find my Match