Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2007

How about those girls softball teams going to the World series? So far, Morristown has two teams going and the 11 year old girls (my daughter was on this one!) went as far as they could go by winning the State Championship.

We have one more (13-14 girls) that may even advance.

Way to go girls and here is hoping you bring home a National Championship!!!!!!
delluser

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2007

You go Girls!

“B THE CHANGE U WANT 2 C IN PPL”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2007

Thanks!! The 11-12 girls have won game one and are playing game two today. If they win today they will be on national television (espn2. What a thrill for these young girls from Morristown. I am so proud of them.

Go to this link and you can click on the games and see the photos:

http://www.softballworldseries.com/photos.htm

There are also pictures of their arrivals and other ceremonies. It is really neat.

The 15-16 girls will finish either 3rd or 4th. That is pretty impressive considering they are playing teams from around the world.

See the info on them here:

http://www.littleleague.org/series/2007divisi...

These girls deserve all of the recognition they can get!! If they were boys, they would be automatically getting it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2007

Good news!! The 11-12 girls won today and should be on Tv. I will post when as soon as I know the schedule. My cousin's daughter is on the team and he keeps us informed daily.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Hey everyone, turn your tvs on to ESPN2 at 9:30 to watch the Morristown Little League Softball Girls play in the semifinal in the World Series!!! If they win tonight, they are in the championship tomorrow night. How exciting to think that the 11-12 year old girls could possibly come with a World Championship. They have already beaten a Germany Team and an Asian team!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Great news!! The girls won and are playing for the World Championship tomorrow night!!!

Good night,all. Talk to you tomorrow.

“It is what it is!”

Off The Beaten Path

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

That's awesome softball mom!!

Go GIRL POWER!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

Our girls did it!! Coming home to Morristown as World Champs!!!

Great going!! Especially that Honeycutt girl!!!!
P-town

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I saw the girls play in Pulaski for the state tournament. They were really good. I watched them play last night on tv. I am happy they went all the way. This is an awesome experience for them I'm sure. Congrats to all of them!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

This was on WATE website!!!!!

MORRISTOWN (WATE/AP)-- The Little League Softball World Series Champion Morristown team will arrive back in Morristown on Friday afternoon.

The town will celebrate the champs' victory with a parade at 4:00 p.m. It will start at First Baptist Church on Main Street and go to Sherwood Park on Morris Boulevard.

There will also be a short ceremony at the park to introduce the players.

On Wednesday night, Kirsten Honeycutt hit the go-ahead RBI single in the top of the sixth inning to lead Morristown to a 3-2 victory over Elgin, Texas, in the Little League Softball World Series.

Mallory Black allowed two runs on five hits and struck out six at the Alpenrose Dairy in Portland. Her father, Eric Black, coaches the Morristown team.

Britney Turner hit a run-scoring single with two out in the first inning, then added a two-out RBI double in the third.

Kaci Olson tied it in the bottom of the first for Elgin when she scored from third on an error.

Morgan Schultz added an RBI single in the third to tie it at 2-2.

Honeycutt's game winning single came with one out and the bases loaded in the sixth.

Both teams were knocked out in the semifinals last year.

“It is what it is!”

Off The Beaten Path

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

what did the coach do that was not like him? Did n't watch the game..had to be at work early.

Since: Jul 07

Millington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

I watched them win the championship last night WTG girls..we were all watching here in Memphis..not just a championship for Morristown but for all of Tennessee. CONGRATS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Morristown Resident wrote:
what did the coach do that was not like him? Did n't watch the game..had to be at work early.
As soon as the game was over, Mallory Black ran to her father for a bear hug and wound up tackling him!! I think he lost his footing at the same time she reached him. Anyhow, it was really funny, if you know Eric.

But, who cares, I guess. THEY WON!!!
Land Lady

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Morristown owes these girls a huge welcome home and they need to know we are proud of them! Does anyone know when and where we could come out to welcome them home?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

Yes there is a parade down Main Street at 6:00 and it goes from First Baptist Church to Sherwood Park where there will be a big celebration. This will be close to a welcome home as they are driving in as I type (10:30 am) and will have just gotten here before the parade.

Tell everyone you know to line main street and fill Sherwood Park!!!!!!!!!!
Go Morristown girls

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

WOW! LET"S SPREAD THE WORD> DOES THE LOCAL PAPER KNOW? WE WANT TO LET THE GIRLS KNOW WE ARE GLAD THEY PUT MORRISTOWN ON THE MAP!!!!
Jason

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Great news.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Morristown Forum right now

Search the Morristown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for lindsay trent or elkins (Nov '10) 19 min carolynn-yonkers 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Morristown, TN (Jul '10) 23 min Pagan 1,508
lookin for some strange 35 min bored 1
Tabitha Lane 42 min tabitha 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 44 min global warming groupie 141,386
that Lisa Benoit 1 hr throw up 6
brandon fanney (Oct '12) 2 hr ricky bobby 11
What is going on at the animal shelter? 8 hr ugh 35
Animal Shelter (Oct '11) 9 hr Dog Lover 64
I put my wife naked pictures on wife lovers Mon Lisa 22
•••
•••
•••
Morristown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••