Republicans the party of LIARS

Posted in the Morrison Forum

First Prev
of 632
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

Denver, Co

#1 Dec 28, 2011
The GOP, the Grand Ole' Phony, the party of lies and liars, has perfected the twisting of facts to a new high art form.

Republicans used to be somewhat decent and reasonable people, for example Nelson Rockefeller. That was before the advent of Ronald Ray Gun and the headlong decent into reactionary dogma, zealotry, quasi pseudo-religious-political nuts, Rush, Sarah, Glenn, Ann, Sean and the rest who are currently making the party a fringe lunatic club.

In any event, to be a Republican, you have to lie, and believe in lies. You have to be the kind of person unwilling to believe the truth, but to believe what you want to believe. Or the kind of person who wouldn't pay their rent who my former landlord used to say, "You can't deal with people like that."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#2 Dec 28, 2011
Republicans don't believe in history. How could they? To them, everything bad about the country happened on the little over three year watch of Obama. Nothing bad happened before that, during the eight years of Bush. There was no previous history before Obama. Whatever Bush did wrong, it wasn't wrong, or it didn't happen. The American people, who gave Bush a 19 percent approval rating, knew better.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Dancing Madly Backwards ”

Since: Apr 11

Sacramento, CA

#3 Dec 28, 2011
Trust me .The Self spoon fed Democrats will ruin Colorado just like they ruined California. Haven't you noticed all the people leaving California and moving to Colorado.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#4 Dec 28, 2011
Oral n Hardy wrote:
Trust me .The Self spoon fed Democrats will ruin Colorado just like they ruined California. Haven't you noticed all the people leaving California and moving to Colorado.
Believe me brother I'm not a "spoon fed democrat" and I have lived in Denver Colorado for many years and I have seen the influx of Californian's and Texan's for way too long.

Keep your trash at home we don't want or need them.

But we are a free country, and I guess if I lived in squalor due to Republican leadership I would be moving to a state run by a Democratically run majority myself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Got Fangs”

Since: Sep 11

Laughlin, NV

#6 Dec 29, 2011
Its funny all these political threads started by Karl are all bashing republicans and independents. Why dont you start threads about how great your leader is instead. How come you dont say one word about his achievements that benefit America. Oh yea. There isnt any. Lets elect somebody with some experience and backbone this time. I hear obama is so desperate he is thinking about asking Hillery to run as his vice president. Im sure Hillery is smarter than that. She would make a much better president then obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#7 Dec 29, 2011
Snakeskin Cowboy wrote:
Its funny all these political threads started by Karl are all bashing republicans and independents. Why dont you start threads about how great your leader is instead. How come you dont say one word about his achievements that benefit America. Oh yea. There isnt any. Lets elect somebody with some experience and backbone this time. I hear obama is so desperate he is thinking about asking Hillery to run as his vice president. Im sure Hillery is smarter than that. She would make a much better president then obama.
Here is ten for ya' don't worry there are 100's more...

1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending

2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices

3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women

4. withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq

5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

6 Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information

7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family

8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act

9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible

10. Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I dont got no stinkin socks”

RIP { Residing In Parietal }

#8 Dec 29, 2011
Bogus fluff expected of anyone in office. You cant call any of this" Achievements". What about lifting the tax burdens on big business so they move back to America ? Show me the overwhelming support from him to do the pipeline. Show me Americans doing off shore drilling....He is blocking progress and you come up with some petty diversions. Number two cracks me up...CUT WASTEFUL SPENDING WOULD MEAN NOT SPENDING 4 MILLION GOLFING IN HAWAII. Whats that ? You say unemployment went back up..Jeezeus..only 381,000 people filed for unemployment this week..Boy that is good. You do know that doesn't reflect those already out of funds or the ones who didn't pay in to unemployment insurance like subcontractors? You do take that in to account don't you..? I could tear each one of your list apart karl..But Im tired of you so Ill probably just ignore you today. Im kinda tired of fighting for now..It doesn't mean I wont though. See ya..wouldn't want to.....well you know.. Hey thanks for the home page..Ill have to tell my friends.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#9 Dec 29, 2011
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration

12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date

13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan

14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research

15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research

16. New federal funding for science and research labs

17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards

18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect

19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools

20. New funds for school construction

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Precious”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 1, 2012
Is there a party that DOESN'T lie? IF there is please show me the way!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Precious”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 1, 2012
no party system..how bout it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Precious”

Location hidden

#12 Jan 1, 2012
I have a great idea, how about a POSITIVE party? None bashing and focused on what they will do instead of what others have not done or who they screwed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Jan 1, 2012
sistasoul wrote:
no party system..how bout it?
Got my vote.

Denver, Co

#14 Jan 1, 2012
sistasoul wrote:
I have a great idea, how about a POSITIVE party? None bashing and focused on what they will do instead of what others have not done or who they screwed.
Very interesting here in Colorado most politicians do run positive campaigns and do very well with the turn out and reaction from the public.

It is sad but negativity for some reason does resonate with the majority of America and it works. Like I said it is sad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Precious”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 1, 2012
karl42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting here in Colorado most politicians do run positive campaigns and do very well with the turn out and reaction from the public.
It is sad but negativity for some reason does resonate with the majority of America and it works. Like I said it is sad.
I agree. It is very sad. It does seem that we are a nation with many people who thrive on watching others 'dirty laundry' like a flag in the breeze. reality TV drama, news stand gossip, holly wood garbage about who sleeps with who.And look at all the attention a hollywood star gets when she wears a white dress to court! How many service men died that day and the tv time spent on that, could had been spent on at least a mention of the services mens names and honoring them. It's unfortunate that so many support the negative campaign. I hope our country changes before we loose our stars and stripes and fly a dirty T-Shirt instead.

#16 Jan 1, 2012
karl42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment is quite amusing considering you use inflammatory bashing in almost all your comments..and it works against you..Happy new year karl.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#17 Jan 1, 2012
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Your comment is quite amusing considering you use inflammatory bashing in almost all your comments..and it works against you..Happy new year karl.
I'm not a politician and sometimes people who also are not politicians don't understand unless you use their logic and reasoning.

And a Happy New Year to you as well Sniper

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#18 Jan 1, 2012
I don't like either party but since your bragging about Obama lets take a look at some of the nice things he has done.

1. Stop loss was only implemented for 4 years and was stopped long before Obama was even elected, how do I know ?, I'm retired military and was in the military during this time.

2. Stem Cell research is outdated technology and a waste of money, most research that has been successful has been done by the use of computer modeling and Cell manufacturing.

3. Infrastructure building has been all but unsuccessful, you can not build , destroy and rebuild over and over again and achieve anything and once these jobs are completed the worked are again unemployed.

4. The F-22, BTW was not stopped because of Obama, it was stopped because the USAF did not even want it to start with and refused to spend any more money on the project, and Obama signed to stop it under pressure from the USAF that wanted another ACFT that had more capabilities and cost less to maintain, Yes I worked on the F-22 for several years and none of us even wanted it.

5. Every Research lab with the exception of 1 was forced to close because they abused their funding and Obama wasted 10 billion and got nothing for his investment.

6. Schools have been abusing School construction, most have used these funds to waste on projects that are not benefiting students.

7. Since Obama has been elected we have killed more innocent people in wars in three years than the Liberal Bush did in 8 years.

8 Since Obama has been President he has sent over 200,000 illegal Guns to Mexican cartels just to make a point that Guns should be banned, even though his point has caused the deaths of over 200 Mexicans and 6 Americans.

9. Obama, in three years has spent more money than every president, combined in US history to include all Wars and adjusted for inflation, when Obama took office we were 6 trillion on debt, we are now just reaching over 14 trillion in debt and it is estimated that if he wins another 4 years, we will hit a total of 20 trillion which means if we confiscated the money of every millionaire, billionaire and trillionare in the World we would have only paid down 15 % of our debt.

10 Obama has expanded the policy of nation building world wide to a larger scale than even the Commie Bush did, since Obama has taken office we have provided weapons and have done illegal bombing missions on libia and low level strikes on Syria and have threatened Iran, Pakistan, Uganda and he is slowly Forcing USA into other nations business and violating nation sovereignty.

11. He has just signed and passed a bill that allows for anyone the president deems as a threat thats a US citizen can be arrested and held indefinitely in prison with out a trial and that he can assassinate any American on any battlefield, to include the USA which the Bill claims is part of the Battlefield.

I could go on and on, but the truth is if Obama took a tank and a Nuclear missile and killed thousands of Americans just for the fun of it, you would still support him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#19 Jan 1, 2012
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010

31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols

32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic

33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions

34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office

35. Successful release of US captain held bySomali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job

36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast

37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles

38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales

39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government

40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children

41. Signed national service legislation; expandednational youth service program

42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones

43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions

44. Expanding vaccination programs

45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#20 Jan 1, 2012
Lowglow wrote:
I don't like either party but since your bragging about Obama lets take a look at some of the nice things he has done.
1. Stop loss was only implemented for 4 years and was stopped long before Obama was even elected, how do I know ?, I'm retired military and was in the military during this time.
2. Stem Cell research is outdated technology and a waste of money, most research that has been successful has been done by the use of computer modeling and Cell manufacturing.
3. Infrastructure building has been all but unsuccessful, you can not build , destroy and rebuild over and over again and achieve anything and once these jobs are completed the worked are again unemployed.
4. The F-22, BTW was not stopped because of Obama, it was stopped because the USAF did not even want it to start with and refused to spend any more money on the project, and Obama signed to stop it under pressure from the USAF that wanted another ACFT that had more capabilities and cost less to maintain, Yes I worked on the F-22 for several years and none of us even wanted it.
5. Every Research lab with the exception of 1 was forced to close because they abused their funding and Obama wasted 10 billion and got nothing for his investment.
6. Schools have been abusing School construction, most have used these funds to waste on projects that are not benefiting students.
7. Since Obama has been elected we have killed more innocent people in wars in three years than the Liberal Bush did in 8 years.
8 Since Obama has been President he has sent over 200,000 illegal Guns to Mexican cartels just to make a point that Guns should be banned, even though his point has caused the deaths of over 200 Mexicans and 6 Americans.
9. Obama, in three years has spent more money than every president, combined in US history to include all Wars and adjusted for inflation, when Obama took office we were 6 trillion on debt, we are now just reaching over 14 trillion in debt and it is estimated that if he wins another 4 years, we will hit a total of 20 trillion which means if we confiscated the money of every millionaire, billionaire and trillionare in the World we would have only paid down 15 % of our debt.
10 Obama has expanded the policy of nation building world wide to a larger scale than even the Commie Bush did, since Obama has taken office we have provided weapons and have done illegal bombing missions on libia and low level strikes on Syria and have threatened Iran, Pakistan, Uganda and he is slowly Forcing USA into other nations business and violating nation sovereignty.
11. He has just signed and passed a bill that allows for anyone the president deems as a threat thats a US citizen can be arrested and held indefinitely in prison with out a trial and that he can assassinate any American on any battlefield, to include the USA which the Bill claims is part of the Battlefield.
I could go on and on, but the truth is if Obama took a tank and a Nuclear missile and killed thousands of Americans just for the fun of it, you would still support him.
Good post thanks for your input.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Denver, Co

#21 Jan 1, 2012
Here are a few more of President Obama's accomplishments so far. Don't worry there are plenty more!

46. Closed offshore tax safe havens

47. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals

48. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back

49.. Ended the previous practice of protecting credit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices

50. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources

51. Lower drug costs for seniors

52. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings

53. Increasing pay and benefits for military personnel

54. Improved housing for military personnel

55. Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses

56. Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals

57 Increasing student loans

58. Increasing opportunities in AmeriCorps program

59. Sent envoys to Middle East and other parts of the world that had been neglected for years; reengaging in multilateral and bilateral talks and diplomacy

60. Established a new cyber security office

61. Beginning the process of reforming and restructuring the military 20 years after the Cold War to a more modern fighting force; this includes new procurement policies, increasing size of military, new technology and cyber units and operations, etc.

62. Ended previous policy of awarding no-bid defense contracts

63. Ordered a review of hurricane and natural disaster preparedness

64. Established a National Performance Officer charged with saving the federal government money and making federal operations more efficient

65. Students struggling to make college loan payments can have their loans refinanced

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 632
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morrison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Terra Firma 3,494
**KONG Dog Toy Warning** 11 hr Terry 1
**KONG Dog Toy Warning** 11 hr Terry 1
Rocky Mountain Upset? Polling shows once-popula... Tue harmonious 73
Buy America Act provides punishment for small C... Mon Rob Hussein Ford 12
KONG Dog Toy Warning Mon Blue 2
Buy America Act provides punishment for small C... Mon Buzz 3
Morrison Dating
Find my Match

Morrison Jobs

Morrison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morrison News, Events & Info