Hope For Humanity - SCAM ???

Posted in the Morgantown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Morgantown, WV

#1 Mar 19, 2013
Anybody know the details on Hope For Humanity Project? Hope Klothing Kubbard? Karen Schnopp? While this "project" may sound good, there are LOTS of red flags. Appears to be some sort of scam. Beware!
BEWARE

Charlotte, NC

#2 Mar 20, 2013
I heard DRG Foundation out of Fairmont is also a huge scam! And they are trying to get citizens of Morgantown directly involved in volunteering now too! Seems more and more organizations such as these are up to NO GOOD! SAD ):
1 post removed
jay

Bridgeport, WV

#4 Apr 1, 2013
This is a 100% scam! do not let this lady in your home! or believe anything she says! Do not give her any money and if she has contacted you call the police right away!
Victim

Morgantown, WV

#5 Apr 11, 2013
jay wrote:
This is a 100% scam! do not let this lady in your home! or believe anything she says! Do not give her any money and if she has contacted you call the police right away!
I would like to know what you know. I am not sure if there is a way to speak to you privately like email or something. She promised my family stuff and never came through.
another victim

Morgantown, WV

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Jay,
I would also like to talk to you! There have been many people affected by this and we need to come together to make sure justice is served. Please email me at morgantownvictim@gmail.com your contact information I need your help!
Gullible Victim

Morgantown, WV

#7 Apr 11, 2013
I am right there with all of you. Our family was shown a home and had even walked our children through it. We were also told that "Hope For Humanity" would provide furniture such as beds, table, couch, etc. I have been contacted by many people about this being a scam. Karen will now no longer answer any of my calls, text messages or emails. I feel sick and heartbroken. We had to tell our children that we wanted to fix up our old home to design it the way we wanted.(So now I feel I have to lie to my children to cover up for her wrong).
Gullible Victim

Morgantown, WV

#8 Apr 11, 2013
I am in Morgantown, WV. Not sure why it had posted that I was located in Fairmont.
from preston county

Clarksburg, WV

#9 Apr 12, 2013
looks like she lied to everyone
preston county victim

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Apr 16, 2013
i have seen nothing good from this organization but lies lies and more lies....i have been told so many stories that i cant keep up with them...i have talked to people that were promised stuff and it never happened, 1 day it was this story, the next day another story, seems like this organization was just trying to cover up lies with other lies....i dont know what is going on but i would not try asking them for any kind of help whatsoever cuz you will get no where, trust me....
Anonymous

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Apr 19, 2013
Has anyone talked to Karen or anyone on the committee lately?
cheated

Kent, OH

#12 Apr 20, 2013
karen lied to us all, from what i have been told she has always been a fraud. she lies about her health, as well as family members (her husband doesn't have cancer) just for attention. this isn't the first scam she has been behind. she has a special place in hell waiting for her. u don't play with people's lives and not get punished.
Blueyes

United States

#13 Apr 25, 2013
jay wrote:
Jay... Have you had specific dealings with her... Can you elaborate more? There are many people that have been hurt by this program...and her. Wondering what legal action could be or has been taken? If you talk to her directly she says but none of this is a scam that the people with the money have withdrawn their money but then other people say that they have not gotten anything from any of her promises. Prison or psych ward?
Blueyes

United States

#14 Apr 25, 2013
Gullible Victim wrote:
Has anyone talked to Karen or anyone on the committee lately?
Yes i have.
Disappointed

Kingwood, WV

#15 Apr 30, 2013
My husband is a double amputee and was promised they she would help with a wheelchair carrier or handicap van..I will be there for a home visit which never happened. LIES, LIES, LIES. My husbands social worker found her name on topics.com for scam alert. WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS GETS UR HOPES UP FOR HELP...
Blueyes

United States

#16 May 2, 2013
Disappointed wrote:
My husband is a double amputee and was promised they she would help with a wheelchair carrier or handicap van..I will be there for a home visit which never happened. LIES, LIES, LIES. My husbands social worker found her name on topics.com for scam alert. WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS GETS UR HOPES UP FOR HELP...
So sorry to hear how you and your husband were duped. These people do this because they can! Because they are either mentally ill or criminals!!! I couldn't find any info on the site you left. There are people who want to take legal actions against these people
..is this something you'd be interested in doing?
Friend

United States

#17 May 10, 2013
Maybe you all should ask Karen why b4 judging her she didn't scam anyone this started with one person wanting to cause trouble and she and her family was threatened and all so yes she quit answering her phone because people cussed her and threatened her instead of talking.
Joy

United States

#18 May 10, 2013
Yes I know Karen she has helped people for 17 years in the charity business and most of the ones ( not all) raising cane was never told anything first of all I was there and the lady about the home . She can afford to go on vacation buy new computers and stuff then sit back and let charity buy you a house I don't blame Karen like the other lady said if you all would ask Her she would explain and that organization did redo a whole house so instead of spreading lies yourselves and rumors look for the truth she is a good person and helps lots of people year after year.
1 post removed
Sharon

United States

#20 May 10, 2013
another victim wrote:
Jay,
I would also like to talk to you! There have been many people affected by this and we need to come together to make sure justice is served. Please email me at morgantownvictim@gmail.com your contact information I need your help!
. Jay , the person that keeps sending most of these posts is the same lady the one that started the trouble and is using this situation as payback for a grudge that has nothing to do with this if she wouldn't have started trouble people may have gotten help. So beware you all are being used on here a d not by Karen.

Since: Apr 13

Morgantown, WV

#21 May 11, 2013
Sharon wrote:
<quoted text>. Jay , the person that keeps sending most of these posts is the same lady the one that started the trouble and is using this situation as payback for a grudge that has nothing to do with this if she wouldn't have started trouble people may have gotten help. So beware you all are being used on here a d not by Karen.
No "Sharon" these are not all the same people. I know for a fact that these are different people. Karen hurt many people and more so CHILDREN!!! How many days have you had to deal with crying children, because they were told they would get a new place to live. Or explain to people that you aren't moving now. It hurts every time I have to tell someone that we were lied too, can you imagine what it does to the kids having to relive that? Oh and a few of the names she threw out have no clue who she is. So if you think she just stopped answering calls because of one person, that is real grown up. So she left many people out in the cold, facing evictions and other problems because supposedly one person was bothering her?
LOST

Morgantown, WV

#22 May 11, 2013
It really is a shame that because people are learning the truth someone finds it necessary to try and pretend that people should still believe in this woman. I am not sure what she has to gain from the hurt that she has caused or how she can sleep at night. So many innocent people are now left scrambling to try and find resources at the last minute because of the promises she made. How is that helping lots of people??? The only thing, in my opinion, that she has helped people with is losing faith in agencies that are truly designed to help people and trusting another. Oh and let's not forget the mental mess that she has helped put so many in!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Working Thanksgiving ..... 7 hr Carrie-Ann 8
oops MARSHALL in playoff poll....... 9 hr sheila the honey ... 1
Pay Double Time for Working Thanksgiving 17 hr CALL IN SICK 1
WVU winless since Cato's Gameday appearance 19 hr Gina 4
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) Wed landlord_2 10,697
dana must go Wed Jack_4ral 7
Mylan husbands who cheat? Wed yes 7
Morgantown Dating
Find my Match

Morgantown People Search