Updated: Fatal accident on Uvas Road

Jul 7, 2009 Full story: The Dispatch 6

For the second time in a week, a motorcyclist died in an accident on Uvas Road west of Morgan Hill.

Full Story
suz

Morgan Hill, CA

#1 Jul 9, 2009
Too many fatal accidents on Uvas Rd and not enough news coverage with no change in driver's manners. What do drivers need to 'get it'; I can count 5-6 deaths within a 4 mile stretch in less than 2 years - if that number of fataliies were our friends/acquaintances we would raise the red flags and create a near riot to stop the slaughter. But no, just another unknown motorist, biker, motorcyclist...ho hum...
What can my comments contribute? Not much... would more coverage to get the word out that this absolutely gorgeous, scenic, cherished road needs to be driven with courteous care! If you must speed, take the highway! Stay off our tails! If you don't like slow attention to the natural surroundings then why are you living/driving here!
venting... sorry... but too many lives lost or hurt. I don't know them personnally, but my heart breaks with every one.
Citizen

San Jose, CA

#2 Jul 14, 2009
I ride out there semi regularly,, and had no clue about fatalities,,, I guess until someone with political connections gets smeared,,, no one will really care
Gary Richards

San Jose, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2009
Suz, I may write about this in a story for the Mercury News. Can you e-mail me at mrroadshow@mercurynews.com so I can contact you directly? Thanks

Gary R.
suz wrote:
Too many fatal accidents on Uvas Rd and not enough news coverage with no change in driver's manners. What do drivers need to 'get it'; I can count 5-6 deaths within a 4 mile stretch in less than 2 years - if that number of fataliies were our friends/acquaintances we would raise the red flags and create a near riot to stop the slaughter. But no, just another unknown motorist, biker, motorcyclist...ho hum...
What can my comments contribute? Not much... would more coverage to get the word out that this absolutely gorgeous, scenic, cherished road needs to be driven with courteous care! If you must speed, take the highway! Stay off our tails! If you don't like slow attention to the natural surroundings then why are you living/driving here!
venting... sorry... but too many lives lost or hurt. I don't know them personnally, but my heart breaks with every one.
Bill

Watsonville, CA

#4 May 1, 2012
Citizen wrote:
I ride out there semi regularly,, and had no clue about fatalities,,, I guess until someone with political connections gets smeared,,, no one will really care
Sometime take note of all the Memorial Monuments placed along the road, many fatalities don't even have markers. But this is a dangerous road.
Ed Barbar

Morgan Hill, CA

#5 Nov 2, 2012
Jeez, folks. Uvas is a dangerous road, with a 45mph speed-limit on it, and it's narrow.

I constantly see bicyclists two and sometimes even three abreast on that road. It makes no sense to do that, given the speed limits and blind corners.
Suz

Sunnyvale, CA

#6 Nov 2, 2012
Ed Barbar wrote:
Jeez, folks. Uvas is a dangerous road, with a 45mph speed-limit on it, and it's narrow.
I constantly see bicyclists two and sometimes even three abreast on that road. It makes no sense to do that, given the speed limits and blind corners.
--- found a biker down on road today, in shade just below Cinnebar... could barely make out what was on the road...-a speeding car would have been disaster... that is enough reason to continue driving at or below speed limit... what's in it for those driving inches off a bumper with high beams glaring in mirrors?-blinding and disrespectful - I can't fix their thinking... can't fix their impatience - safe places to pull over are hard to find. Agree, the Bunched up with 2-3 abreast groups of bikers are impossible to maneuver...
-I love our road, love the views and peaceful surrounding- taking a deep breath... will attempt to maintain the amount of peace and safety which is in my control- finding another place to pull over -letting them go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Cruz Sheriff deputy vehicle involved in a... 16 hr Craig Hernandez 1
Santa Cruz County unemployment 6.4 percent in O... 22 hr Get a job ColbyLOSER 7
Calif. Minimum Wage Could Grow to Highest in U.S. (Jun '13) Nov 17 Go Blue Forever 13
Prime Healthcare: Track record bodes ill for O'... Nov 15 Citzen without Hate 2
Cops and Courts: Sept. 13, 2008 (Sep '08) Nov 11 Oh just me 53
Claudia Grossi: Here are some ways to improve W... Nov 9 I am sorry 3
Investors to build condos on empty lot in downt... Nov 5 I am sorry 11

Morgan Hill News Video

Morgan Hill Dating
Find my Match

Morgan Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morgan Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morgan Hill

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:13 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:13PM
Washington Redskins vs. San Francisco 49ers: Live Washington Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
NFL Week 12 Schedule, Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Predictions Week 12: Last-Minute Picks and Advice for Sunday's Schedule
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
NFL Week 12 Overview of Consensus Picks
Bleacher Report12:07 PM
Live: 49ers vs. Redskins