LA Man, 45, Drowns In Lake Perris

Full story: KNBC Los Angeles

The body of a 45-year-old Los Angeles man was discovered at Lake Perris State Recreation Area and it appears his death was due to drowning, according to the Riverside County coroner.
Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Sep 14, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
monique deverow

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

Hi my name is monique deverow and I'm Dwayne childs neice 2 day is Sep 2,2008 and its 21:50pm
JASMAINE ROBINS

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

HI IM DWAYNE CHILDS NEICE ITS CRAZY HOW I SEE MY UNCLE ONE DAY AND THE NEXT HE GONE AND DON'T NOBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPEN BECAUSE IF THEY DID IT WOULDN'T BE ALL THESE DIFFERENT STORIES ON HOW IT HAPPEN.....BUT ITS OKAY THE TRUTH GONE COME OUT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE RESULTS....UNCLE YOU GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN I LOVE YOU DEARLY I SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE....DON'T WORRIE ABOUT LITTLE DEE CAUSE HE WILL BE WELL TAKEN CARE OF....
Dwayne Neice Monique

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Uncle 'D' i love u with all of mah hart and the time's we had 2gether will always be with me until i get 2 where u r and then we can party so save me a sit and i will be there see u soon much love a now i can really say that u r now 1 step above the rest gone but never forgotten
SicknTired

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

I am really sorry for the loss of your loved one. I know of a family who lost someone to a drowning in that lake as well. Tragic.

but...
Please take some english classes if you want to be taken seriously and succeed in life.
amazing

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

Its always a tragic loss when a family member passes on. I would have to agree though with SicknTired, english classes are badly needed for both Monique and Jasmine. That is something you really need to work on.
burrito man

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Judged:

hey i'm sorry that happend to your uncle , I stay in perris and that lake has claimed many lives over the years , and to that those people talking trash about a lil girl not knowing good english , come on show some class
SicknTired

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Judged:

BUrrito man, it isn't talking trash, it is good advice. If they type like that they speak much worse and how will they ever achieve anything with that sort of verbage.

Life isn't a big text message and to be taken seriously and earn my total sympathy and respect in a public forum, someone has to have the ability to express themselves in a rational and concise manner.
Open minded

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

I have to agree with Sickn Tired. We all have bad habits that need to be broken. It's just unfortunate it may hurt our feelings in the process of being told. It shouldn't be taken as an insult, it is only a noted reminder that we need to push ourselves hard to exceed in life.

So sorry for your loss! May God Bless your family in this time of need!
wkrctrls

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

I worked with Dwayne and found him to be one of the nicest people in the company. We all miss his smile and good nature. We were all shocked by the tragic news of his passing.
SicknTired

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

moniqe wrote:
It dont matter how I talk let me talk how ever i wont to thanks but no thanks i got other things that i need to be doing u dont no me so owell
Again, sorry for your loss but I can't really comprehend what you wrote there as it is highly illiterate. Do not fool yourself however, how you talk does matter a great deal, it lends legitimacy and validity to your statements.

This is a general statement and in now way directed squarely at you Moniqe. If people don't want to be sterotyped then they should stop living the stereotype they complain about being associated with.

I hope the deceased's family finds peace in celebrating his life and not in the tragedy of his death.
Jean Edmond

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

I finally received the correct story of what happened to Dee on that tragic day. Any way you slice it, it's still bad news. Rest in Peace Dee...
Remembering His Smile

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Dwayne was a wonderful person that cared about people, especially his son. Although he will be missed his memory and his son is still living. Dwayne changed his life for the better and became a great example of a man, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. My prayers are going out continuously for the family and for Sickn Tired who has nothing better to do than to ridicule a family member in a time of despair. Some things are better left unsaid and this is one of those times. But remember you reap what you sew or shall I say Karma is a big bite in the but so be careful someone might be just as tasteless towards you as you have been towards Monique.
Remembering His Smile

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Jean Edmond wrote:
I finally received the correct story of what happened to Dee on that tragic day. Any way you slice it, it's still bad news. Rest in Peace Dee...
Please share! I am having a hard time with the drowning thing! I grew up with him and knows he wouldn't have placed himself in harms way purposely.
SicknTired

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Remembering His Smile wrote:
Dwayne was a wonderful person that cared about people, especially his son. Although he will be missed his memory and his son is still living. Dwayne changed his life for the better and became a great example of a man, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. My prayers are going out continuously for the family and for Sickn Tired who has nothing better to do than to ridicule a family member in a time of despair. Some things are better left unsaid and this is one of those times. But remember you reap what you sew or shall I say Karma is a big bite in the but so be careful someone might be just as tasteless towards you as you have been towards Monique.
Oh okay bleeding heart, thanks for the so serious and useful prayers.
HA

I stand by my statements and if I happen to lose someone dear to me in a tragic accident you won't find me on a public message board leaving comments that people can barely understand nor sympathize with due to my illiteracy.
Vanderlyn Williams

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

To My Soul Mate

I must say Dwayne Childs; you were one heck of a man. You were my lover, my friend, and well on your way to being my husband. You departed on Sunday, August 31st 2008 leaving no doubt in my mind that you were a wonderful father and an awesome human being. I will be with your son Dwayne Jr. every step of the way so he will never forget how much you loved and cared for him.

I am so empty without you. Honey, I sit numb yet I realize that God is the author and finisher of our destiny.

Dwayne, you and I made each other happy to the last days. I will miss you, our kids Dwayne Jr., Chanderlyn, and Joylynn plus your favorite niece on my side of the family Esther Wynter ask me to wish you farewell.

As with life’s lessons and the experience of death, I am sure we will reunite again.

Vanderlyn Williams
Remembering His Smile

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

To prove my point SicknTired still chooses to leave derogatory comments. You really need a life and someone to love. I refuse to continue this and will not enter this website again they shouldn't allow idiots like you to send the messages that you have sent. Everyone handles loosing someone dear to them in their own way and if this sites allows individuals to vent and settle their emotions than so be it. To Dwayne's nieces please ignore this person it is obvious he has no one to love. Please focus on your family especially Dwayne's son and not the ignorant messages of someone that didn't know your uncle to began with.
Remembering His Smile

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Vanderlyn Williams wrote:
To My Soul Mate
I must say Dwayne Childs; you were one heck of a man. You were my lover, my friend, and well on your way to being my husband. You departed on Sunday, August 31st 2008 leaving no doubt in my mind that you were a wonderful father and an awesome human being. I will be with your son Dwayne Jr. every step of the way so he will never forget how much you loved and cared for him.
I am so empty without you. Honey, I sit numb yet I realize that God is the author and finisher of our destiny.
Dwayne, you and I made each other happy to the last days. I will miss you, our kids Dwayne Jr., Chanderlyn, and Joylynn plus your favorite niece on my side of the family Esther Wynter ask me to wish you farewell.
As with life’s lessons and the experience of death, I am sure we will reunite again.
Vanderlyn Williams
My heart goes out to you and your kids! I saw Dwayne back in December at a going home service of a childhood friend we both shared and he was the only one in the service with his bible and often spoke of God. He is in a better place and I am sure although he loves you guys wouldn't trade places. One again am sorry for your loss and I pray his kids remember what he stood for in the things of the Lord and follow in his walk and better.
Vanderlyn Williams

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Interesting you bring up December 2006 - that was the homegoing service of Gwen... This is were Dwayne and I reunited and began our walk of faith and love.
Vanderlyn Williams

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

Jean Edmond wrote:
The news is tragic; my life with Dwayne is now all memories. I hope the memories of your childhood life with Dee are for keeps. Let's all allow him to rest in peace dispute the untold stories that plague the airways.

Trust me; we all will miss my Dwayne.
Vanderlyn Williams

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

wkrctrls wrote:
I worked with Dwayne and found him to be one of the nicest people in the company. We all miss his smile and good nature. We were all shocked by the tragic news of his passing.
Dear Co-worker,

Working with Dwayne you already know what a hilarious person. I thank you for posting your thoughts and hope to meet you at the homegoing of my Dwayne Childs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Moreno Valley News Video

•••
•••

Moreno Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moreno Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE