Shop with a trooper

Dec 20, 2009 Full story: The Morehead News 8

Kids from Rowan, Montgomery and Fleming counties participated in Shop with a Trooper, hosted by Kentucky State Police Post 8. Each of the 24 kids got to visit with Santa Claus at the Carl D. Perkins Center Wednesday night then went to McDonalds to eat with the troopers from the Morehead post.

Full Story
Wishin

Cleveland, GA

#1 Dec 21, 2009
I wish more people would donate to this program. State police in other districts like Pikeville and Hazard can afford to take almost 100 kids each, not 24. Whether it be local buisnesses or individuals I would love to see our community step up and do more. Every kid, regardless of what their parents do or don't do, deserves a Merry Christmas.
donor

Morehead, KY

#2 Jan 4, 2010
Wishin wrote:
I wish more people would donate to this program. State police in other districts like Pikeville and Hazard can afford to take almost 100 kids each, not 24. Whether it be local buisnesses or individuals I would love to see our community step up and do more. Every kid, regardless of what their parents do or don't do, deserves a Merry Christmas.
I have donated to this in the past and while it's a good program I don't think that I will ever donate to it again. The reason is that the family in the photo on the front page of the Morehead News has a family income of around $50,000 per year with two kids! If those are the guidelines for being able to shop with a cop than I need my money worse than they do!!!!
wrong

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Jan 4, 2010
I agree that no child should go without chistmas. It can be such a sad times for alot of people. But what I don't like and maybe it's just me but why do the have to take pictures of the kids that are in need? Its like they are parading poor children around. All the papers and on tv show children and parents going in and getting stuff.Some things just need to be done without cameras and reporters.
concerned parent

Morehead, KY

#4 Jan 4, 2010
It's ashame that people take advantage of a program designed to help poor childern. So very sad.
concerned as well

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Jan 22, 2010
it certainly is ashame that people would do that.
concenred

Morehead, KY

#7 Nov 30, 2010
yes it is.......
FYI

Morehead, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2010
The Morehead Post can only afford 15 kids this year. I think it takes $100 to sponser one child. They have to spend at least half of that on clothes.
Question

United States

#9 Nov 26, 2013
Can the parent go with their child?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min wow 131,389
reality is for people who can't handle drugs 2 hr Paradox 3
Lovena Stamper Caudill Basford (Jun '09) 2 hr Gran_7 31
Politial Forum 3 hr Nov 11
does anyone know??? 3 hr gina 7
Chris pettit 5 hr Amanda 2
single women holla 5 hr Yeah 3
Morehead Dating
Find my Match

Morehead Jobs