Shop with a trooper

Dec 20, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Morehead News

Kids from Rowan, Montgomery and Fleming counties participated in Shop with a Trooper, hosted by Kentucky State Police Post 8. Each of the 24 kids got to visit with Santa Claus at the Carl D. Perkins Center Wednesday night then went to McDonalds to eat with the troopers from the Morehead post.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Wishin

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

I wish more people would donate to this program. State police in other districts like Pikeville and Hazard can afford to take almost 100 kids each, not 24. Whether it be local buisnesses or individuals I would love to see our community step up and do more. Every kid, regardless of what their parents do or don't do, deserves a Merry Christmas.
donor

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Wishin wrote:
I wish more people would donate to this program. State police in other districts like Pikeville and Hazard can afford to take almost 100 kids each, not 24. Whether it be local buisnesses or individuals I would love to see our community step up and do more. Every kid, regardless of what their parents do or don't do, deserves a Merry Christmas.
I have donated to this in the past and while it's a good program I don't think that I will ever donate to it again. The reason is that the family in the photo on the front page of the Morehead News has a family income of around $50,000 per year with two kids! If those are the guidelines for being able to shop with a cop than I need my money worse than they do!!!!
wrong

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

I agree that no child should go without chistmas. It can be such a sad times for alot of people. But what I don't like and maybe it's just me but why do the have to take pictures of the kids that are in need? Its like they are parading poor children around. All the papers and on tv show children and parents going in and getting stuff.Some things just need to be done without cameras and reporters.
concerned parent

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

It's ashame that people take advantage of a program designed to help poor childern. So very sad.
concerned as well

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

it certainly is ashame that people would do that.
concenred

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

yes it is.......
FYI

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2010

The Morehead Post can only afford 15 kids this year. I think it takes $100 to sponser one child. They have to spend at least half of that on clothes.
Question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Can the parent go with their child?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Morehead Forum right now

Search the Morehead Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min SevenTee 122,795
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Calvin_Coolish 138,718
Tea party the American Taliban 42 min The Truth 22
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,207
rodney fuggette child molester 1 hr jed clampit 3
Lee's Used Cars in Morehead and Ashland KY (Dec '12) 6 hr whatever 53
IRS uses License plate tracking vendors 10 hr Uhmm 3
•••
•••
•••
Morehead Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••