First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Morehead, KY

#1 Jun 10, 2012
Why don't you guys open a cash only lane. It seems as if the credit cards and debit are always having a problem. The ones who pay cash could get through quicker. Just saying.
momma

United States

#2 Jun 10, 2012
that's a great idea in theory but people who are paying with credit/debit cards would go through any way. kind of like how people with cart fulls go through speedy checkouts.
kitten

Hiawassee, GA

#3 Jun 10, 2012
What they need are self checkouts like every other Walmart in America has.
SMH

Morehead, KY

#4 Jun 10, 2012
The second that walmart starts putting in self checkouts the number of employees will go down, so that means that people will be fired. I personally would not like to see that happen when looking at our economic state.
who

Morehead, KY

#5 Jun 11, 2012
kitten wrote:
What they need are self checkouts like every other Walmart in America has.
I have been to several different Walmarts in 3 or 4 states and i have never seen a self checkout at any of them.
brian

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 11, 2012
Actually the Walmart in cannonsburg has self checkouts
shop

Cleveland, GA

#7 Jun 11, 2012
I never had any luck with self checkouts either.
Sigh

Morehead, KY

#8 Jun 11, 2012
Your best bet - don't shop at Wal*Mart. They have crappy products, don't know how to manage apparently (judging from the lack of cashiers), and the people standing around trying to look important with their stupid walkie talkies are usually doing nothing. It's no suprise people with a cart full of merchandise go through the express lane - they never have enough lanes open! Especially around the first of the month when most of Morehead get their welfare checks and food stamps. Don't even get me started on those people. Most of the time the store is also filled with rude ass people who have no idea how to behave in public and they usually have a ton of kids who act the same way. The electronics department can't set a t.v. display up correctly so you can wisely choose which set is best for you. The site-to-store experience is a joke. You have to stand there watching people go in and out of the back and none ask if you need any help. You're best bet? Go elsewhere. Kroger is good for food. There are other clothing stores, other places to get electronics, gardening supplies, medicines ect... While I am at it - the Subway there - tell me why they usually have one person working the sandwiches but two more people in the back talking amongst one another leaving that one person to work by themselves? This has happend most every time I have gone there. Also Wal*Mart only pays a little more than minimum wage and they only drug test on the new hires and people that get injured on the job. So if you're working there and do not get hurt potentially you could be high as hell on who knows what? I think self-checkouts would be a plus, so what if some people loose their jobs? Some of them deserve to. How hard is it to work a cashier position and why can they never work the credit/debit button their register and ALWAYS have to ask for your card to swipe themselves? Do they need to replace their machines? Workers? Both? Just avoid going there and you'll be better off.
Mike

Versailles, KY

#9 Jun 11, 2012
How about a self service line like all the other walmarts. 2nd biggest store is a joke.
kitten

Hiawassee, GA

#10 Jun 11, 2012
The one in Mount Sterling has self checkouts and the one in Paris does. And I don't see them causing a decrease in hiring, there are still plenty of workers. Same as Kroger.
trepidation

Lexington, KY

#11 Jun 11, 2012
who wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been to several different Walmarts in 3 or 4 states and i have never seen a self checkout at any of them.
I can say the same, but I've never seen one without self checkouts.
Mike

Versailles, KY

#12 Jun 11, 2012
They don't take away jobs, because they only have three for four checkout lanes open anyway and long lines in Morehead. Wish we had our old store back.
Sigh

Morehead, KY

#14 Jun 11, 2012
Masked Chong wrote:
<quoted text>
The people in Wal-Mart are ugly, fat, and worst of all American!
There is nothing wrong with being an American. We're not all fat, rude, on welfare, rich, or nasty. Some of us are actually decent human beings. It does seem however that in Wal*Mart you get to see the worst side of Americans - there's that Peopleofwalmart.com website that even showcases some of what is seen there. Please however to not generalize Americans as what you see in Wal*Mart.
Curious

Lexington, KY

#16 Jun 12, 2012
The self service lines still use debit/credit cards. I think for those of us that still use cash it would be faster if there was a cash only line. Just saying.
humpalump

Hiawassee, GA

#17 Jun 12, 2012
Cash only line would be a good idea. Stores also need to have a line strictly for old ladies who write checks.
Sigh

Morehead, KY

#18 Jun 12, 2012
humpalump wrote:
Cash only line would be a good idea. Stores also need to have a line strictly for old ladies who write checks.
Agreed. Has grandma not heard of a debit card? Damn.
welfare

Morehead, KY

#19 Jun 12, 2012
I know people who had to get on welfare. Their husband died or left them and they had to get back on their feet. Same with the food stamps. I am sick of people talking about the less fortunate just because they are not afraid to ask for help when there are children involved especially when there are children involved. The first of the month they are able to get diapers formula food for them and rheir children to help them get back on their feet. There is a reason why there is a time limit to receive it.
Sigh

Morehead, KY

#20 Jun 13, 2012
welfare wrote:
I know people who had to get on welfare. Their husband died or left them and they had to get back on their feet. Same with the food stamps. I am sick of people talking about the less fortunate just because they are not afraid to ask for help when there are children involved especially when there are children involved. The first of the month they are able to get diapers formula food for them and rheir children to help them get back on their feet. There is a reason why there is a time limit to receive it.
Not all people on welfare need it though - some are just abusing the system. Yes there are people who actually do need it through rough times - but look around you. Look at how many people get it JUST because they're too lazy to f*cking work and use birth control. Having kids is like cashing in these days - and don't try to tell me it isn't that way b/c I know way too many people that do it. They also trade their food stamps for other things such as money, drugs, ect. Welfare recipients are not all bad - people know this but people also know that there are a lot more that abuse it - than need it. Also tell me why a person can be on food stamps and collect welfare money but be driving a brand new f*cking vehicle? There are documentaries on the communities of low income housing where the reporter takes a ride through the low income/welfare housing and 75% of the vehicles are new or almost brand new. ONTOP of this - why are so many people that are on welfare/food stamps such rude fat ass nasty bitches? Don't beleive me? Got to Wal*Mart around the first through the tenth. Also Save-A-Lot. I used to work as a cashier and at a different place where we had to deal with people on regular monthly basis that recieved help. These people are vile and think you owe them something and generally are just simply the trashiest, rudest, and vocal people I've seen. Don't even get me started on how most of them have five or six kids and get hundreds of dollars worth of junk food, name brand pop by the cases, and expensive name brand foods. I think there should be a law in place that prohibits the purchase of such things - if there are a lower costing alternative such as a store brand - they should have to buy that version of the food/pop/ect. Also - do you know how many people commit food stamp fraud???? People/cashiers are suppused to check IDs of food stamp customers but most don't even bother. So many people are using other peope's food stamp cards - say a family of six has a couple extra hundred dollars woth of food stamps and the parents need a few pills, alcohol, ride to the store, whatever - they trade their stamps for it. That's abuse of the system and I think I've given enough examples and can honestly say I am speaking from experience in dealing with these people both in business and just knowing some of them. So yeah welfare recipients aren't all like this but most of them are - that's why welfare people get a bad name. Plus most of them usually do nothing to help themselves and get off of what is supposed to a temporary program to help them. Some I know are going to be needing it long term such as the disabled, retired, or unemployed mothers. When it comes to mothers being on welfare/food stamps instead of spreading your legs for every Tom, Dick, or Harry - you should stop and think - "I can't support one child - why don't I stop creating them?" Instead it's more like - hey the state/government will pay for them - let's have four more! Yeah this just sickens me and proves why welfare recipients are looked down upon the way they are.
Fred

United States

#21 Jun 13, 2012
They don't keep all the registers open because that would require hiring a lot more people to cover three shifts and each Wal-mart is self reliant. They can only hire and keep open based on their own profits.
welfare

Dahlonega, GA

#22 Jun 13, 2012
Yeah and when their five years is up they will regret not doing something in their life. I'm divorced I have it rough and I haven't needs to sign up on it. My ex pays his childsupport, bit most don't and won't pay to help out with the kids so state steps in for the children. I agree some adults are just playing the system, I just don't like to classify everyone under a bad name for welfare. In the 50s woman and children were dying they were starving because the men would take off or if they died the family got an even worse name. Granted churches help a select few but only those who were active members at the time. These families were casted out and most moved with the man as he was the one suppose to work and provide, so in many many of the cases the women got stuck with no family and most in the end no friends because of their misfortunes. That's when they made it available to help these people. Women needed it also a few men then that if their wife died, but they had more support with neighbors and churches. That's just how it was. And women are still casted out because now they won't starve, but because they will be proud enough to ask for help when its needed.

You also have to look at the economy. a lot of people cannot find jobs.. and theres these young teenagers that had gotten pregnant but they really don't know better just pray they get what they need for their children and in five years time they will grow up enough when the cash assistance is no longer available to them. They will have to do something better.

In any case my friend only received a little over 200 with her child. The most help that was handed to her was being able to pay for her insurance and her car repairs, she was able to get daycare. The little bit of money is monthly diapers or what the children really need its not much at all. So the cash assistance is abused but thereafter not that much to abuse....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morehead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expressions Salon (Jun '09) 1 hr Val- 27
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr SNYB 131,477
kaytlin grimes 3 hr somebody 1
Bill Clinton Visits KY Cities while Campaigning... (Mar '08) 4 hr Ethel 29
UFO Over Pike Co and Cave Run (Oct '12) 7 hr cousin cud 22
does anyone know Juston Cogar?????????? (Apr '09) 7 hr casandra crum 7
Pointless 7 hr Master of My Own ... 6
Morehead Dating
Find my Match

Morehead Jobs