moving to nc

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE MOVING TO NORTH CAROLINA WITH OUR KIDS IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. HE IS ALSO GOING TO THE NASCAR TECHNICAL INSTITUTE SCHOOL. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THAT SCHOOL AND THE AREA IN MOORESVILLE. IM REALLY NERVOUS BECAUSE IVE BEEN LIVING OUT IN THE COUNTRY FOR A WHILE WHERE ITS SO QUIET AND PEACEFUL AND WE ARE MOVING TO A PLACE THAT WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. LIKE THE AREAS, THE SCHOOLS, THE CRIME RATE..ETC. I JUST NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN GET AN IDEA ON THINGS OF WHERE I SHOULD ENROLL MY DAUGHTER INTO SCHOOL, AND MY YOUNGEST AS WELL. WHAT ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ARE GOOD, AND WILL TAKE THE TIME AND BE PATIENT FOR A DEVELOPMENTALLY DELAYED CHILD , AND ARE THEIR ANY HEADSTART PRECHOOLS AVAILABLE FOR MY PRESCHOOLER, AND ARE THEY GOOD. IM MOVING FROM A PLACE THAT REALLY TREATS MY KIDS VERY WELL AT THEIR SCHOOL SO IM REALLY CONCERNED OF HOW THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IS AND HOW THE SCHOOLS ARE. AND WHAT PLACES ARE GOOD TO MOVE TOO, AND ARE THEIR ANY PLACES LIKE HOUSES FOR RENT! ANY INFO IS GREATLY APRRECIATED. ITS VERY SCARY MOVING TO A NEW PLACE AND HAVING TO LEARN EVERYTHING AND KNOW WHERE EVERYTING IS AND WONDER IF UR KIDS WILL BE TREATED REALLY GOOD AT THEIR NEW SCHOOL. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AND HAVE A WONDERFUL BLESSED DAY!
shepard mom

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2009

Personally I Think Shepard is the best elementary school in the mooresville area my son just started going there this year and he loves it as far as the moorseville area its a very fast pase enviroment everybody always seems to be in a hurry . I Think for a Family that is just moving to the area Troutman would be the best place to move. Its a Small town about 10 miles out of mooresville and its a great place for a Family Hope This Helps.
moving to nc wrote:
MY HUSBAND AND I ARE MOVING TO NORTH CAROLINA WITH OUR KIDS IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. HE IS ALSO GOING TO THE NASCAR TECHNICAL INSTITUTE SCHOOL. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THAT SCHOOL AND THE AREA IN MOORESVILLE. IM REALLY NERVOUS BECAUSE IVE BEEN LIVING OUT IN THE COUNTRY FOR A WHILE WHERE ITS SO QUIET AND PEACEFUL AND WE ARE MOVING TO A PLACE THAT WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. LIKE THE AREAS, THE SCHOOLS, THE CRIME RATE..ETC. I JUST NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN GET AN IDEA ON THINGS OF WHERE I SHOULD ENROLL MY DAUGHTER INTO SCHOOL, AND MY YOUNGEST AS WELL. WHAT ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ARE GOOD, AND WILL TAKE THE TIME AND BE PATIENT FOR A DEVELOPMENTALLY DELAYED CHILD , AND ARE THEIR ANY HEADSTART PRECHOOLS AVAILABLE FOR MY PRESCHOOLER, AND ARE THEY GOOD. IM MOVING FROM A PLACE THAT REALLY TREATS MY KIDS VERY WELL AT THEIR SCHOOL SO IM REALLY CONCERNED OF HOW THE SCHOOL SYSTEM IS AND HOW THE SCHOOLS ARE. AND WHAT PLACES ARE GOOD TO MOVE TOO, AND ARE THEIR ANY PLACES LIKE HOUSES FOR RENT! ANY INFO IS GREATLY APRRECIATED. ITS VERY SCARY MOVING TO A NEW PLACE AND HAVING TO LEARN EVERYTHING AND KNOW WHERE EVERYTING IS AND WONDER IF UR KIDS WILL BE TREATED REALLY GOOD AT THEIR NEW SCHOOL. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH AND HAVE A WONDERFUL BLESSED DAY!
Troutman Homeowner

Troutman, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

For preschool information for all over the NC state, check out www.ncchildcaresearch.dhhs.state.nc.us . From there just enter the zip code or city or county. That is the government website for ALL child care centers in the state. It will tell you about the contact information and the "report card" given by the govt on the daycares. Click on a facility's name and then click on the tabs at the top for information from contact information to audits/findings. For elementary age, check out www.greatschools.net . I and my wife live in Troutman and love it. We moved from Mooresville (Brawley dead end) to here. We search many a daycare to find one that did not fail in one area or another for our daughter. Remember, you get what you pay for. Good Luck.
you know

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

Basically, Mooresville is a nice town, the weather isn't all that bad in winter and most of us are tranplanted from other states. Like most towns we have problems but this town has the best police department that you could find, if you happen to need them, give them a call and they will be right on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mooresville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 min Victoria 58,214
Review: Carsmart Group (Jul '11) 17 hr beebop13679 2
What happen to walmart (Jun '10) Wed Troutman Homeowner 24
Hotboy Aug 7 No way 2
blues Aug 3 T_Curtis 2
what is wrong with the iredell county jail ?????? (Jan '08) Aug 1 Josh 76
Review: QUARTER MILE MUSCLE (Feb '12) Jul 29 customer 4

Search the Mooresville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Mooresville Jobs

•••