Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

I drove thru your town this eveving, I as very impressed!! The Christmas spirit there is just awesome. The beautiful lights and decorations around the town are exetremely pretty. Monette citizens you should be proud of your town. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE TOWN OF MONETTE. Thanks for the beautiful view!
Joe

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Even a "border town" can put up some lights.
People

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Glad you liked them. But look deeper. Our mayor has put the city in huge debt. Raise water rates to where a family of 4 is paying over 100$ a month. Garbage and other taxes he wants to raise.
He wants to get get rid off city owned garbage along with 2 jobs.

What you saw was not the way everday is and the more chub does the less likely monette will survive.
wondering

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

Sorry to hear that. Thats a shame.
People

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

wondering wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Thats a shame.
thanks your very kind
monette girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

thank you so much..for your kind words..merry christmas to you and your family..
People

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2010

You too
What

Osceola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

People wrote:
Glad you liked them. But look deeper. Our mayor has put the city in huge debt. Raise water rates to where a family of 4 is paying over 100$ a month. Garbage and other taxes he wants to raise.
He wants to get get rid off city owned garbage along with 2 jobs.
What you saw was not the way everday is and the more chub does the less likely monette will survive.
What is your family doing with your water to make it that high? We are a family of 4, and it's nowhere near $100. Don't be so dramatic. This person just came on here to compliment our city. Just take the compliment.
People

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

The huge rate increase stupid.
Garbage is going up too
chub has put the city of monette in big debt
just read the tcrier
it's still a free country
what's wrong with telling the truth. What are you hiding?
Why does it matter

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Sell some those police cars and such I think
People

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2010

Judged:

Why does it matter wrote:
Sell some those police cars and such I think
good idea. He could also stop the stealing.
Why does it take 2 people to do the garbage
Charles Kelley did it by himself for years.
How many cops do we need. Seems like we are getting by with none now.

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

What wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your family doing with your water to make it that high? We are a family of 4, and it's nowhere near $100. Don't be so dramatic. This person just came on here to compliment our city. Just take the compliment.
I agree, we are a family of four and ours isn't that high either.
People

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Perhaps you should bath more often.
Several people I have talked with are seeing these high bills. Strange that you want to dismiss this without stating what your bill is.

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Thank you for questioning my hygiene. I am clean. I'm not stating the amount of my bill because if you aren't paying it, it's none of your business. My bill did go up, but not to $100.
People

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Guest wrote:
Thank you for questioning my hygiene. I am clean. I'm not stating the amount of my bill because if you aren't paying it, it's none of your business. My bill did go up, but not to $100.
doubt that so if it don't concern you shut up

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

It's obvious you are just some idiot that wants to complain.
People

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2010

Judged:

And it's clear you are just a nosey arguemenetive bitch
Lucinda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Look, I have a simple solution to all of you who are complaining. Why don't you run for Alderman or Mayor when the next election comes around. These people rarely have apponents so where are all of you when it comes time to file for these positions? Instead of griping, put yourself out there like Chub and the council members and make these changes that you seem to think are needed.

Or do you just like to sit on the sidelines and bitch and moan?

Or maybe it is that you have angered so many people in this town you know you can't get elected if you tried to buy all of the votes.

Or maybe you're not smart enough to run a city!
People

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

I have an idea how about chub doe the job he gets paid for. How about him taking care of the public money instead of just taking care of him and his buddie.
Chub is only running the city in the ground
Why don't you think an elected official should do his job right.
Don't cover up for people that stole money.
Don't be wastful with public money
he is suppose to be a servant of the people
he's not he is scum

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Hello
Chub Qualls is doing the best anyone can.
Sure there are a few small things that could be done in town with clean up, cost of maintenance...
Like a more financially conservative control on the leaf and grass pick up..consider the end procut of this could be substantial and fees could be charged for other cities to work with.. could make a lot of black ink.
Recycling the leaf/lawn waste is a great revenue stream..
All the stuff is available for FREE to make it work.. even potentially the land and there is a local vermi-cultural hobbyist that knows setup and cost projections.
Monette could make a good revenue stream that would help the town and further lower the peoples overhead for the city. Heck it might even get noticed by some Greenie group and get Monette on some "goodie" map.
Every time someone talks about creating jobs in Monette there is someone crying oh "no one can get a break cuz the Man will get you down" POO on that from my angle..
If you all want to lower the cost of living and improve the quality of life for the people of Monette then it is time for people to get off their butts and think out of the box..
Monette is on the path to get swallowed up by slick overnite developers the moment the bypass gets put in and then there will be discussion about a scale house and more regulations...
If Monette wants to be a productive independently responsible city, then start looking beyond the federal handouts and create wealth for your community by innovation and finding the means to reduce the costs for new businesses to WANT to move into the area.
After all, it is a matter of time and wither the city will sink or swim with debt...either from revenues that developers swindle into coffers, short term and dangerous for the local home owners as prices will sky rocket.. or by selling the city to loans.. via those beautiful property accessing photos Google made.. or by the local people taking personal responsibility for their home steads and working on ways to keep your city in the BLACK INK.
Good points from hard won experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monette Discussions

Search the Monette Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 26 min BARNEYII 27,876
mandy and them 5 hr guest 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Arkansas (... (Oct '10) Mon Citizen 466
single women (Apr '09) Apr 13 kyle 11
single (Oct '13) Apr 12 thatsForReal 2
I still love you (May '13) Apr 11 silverhawk 3
Larry Cambron Apr 11 silverhawk 2
•••
•••