Comments
1 - 20 of 80 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
time expired

Geneva, NY

#1 Nov 6, 2009
what happen to that subject. To much heat in the
kitchen???
who knows

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2009
maybe now it can be about Pop Warner instead of everything but!
Suggestions

Schenectady, NY

#3 Nov 7, 2009
who knows wrote:
maybe now it can be about Pop Warner instead of everything but!
Who knows...let's not go there. Your post is irrelevant.

I posted this on the last forum I think after it was taken down, so I just wanted to offer it again in the event it might be helpful...I think there are a lot of people who would enjoy the opportunity to say positive things about the organization and the teams,the majority of whom probably don't read nor post on TOPIX. A couple people asked about meetings on the last forum. Might I suggest putting them on the school calendar, announcing the dates/times in the school newletter, and/or in the paper. More people would be reached. If none of those are possible, ask teachers to send a note home with kids who played pop warner this year.

Similarly, people with children in PopWarner right now are likely very computer savvy and (I'd suspect) most have Facebook accounts. Why not create a Mohawk Pop Warner group on Facebook? People can then become "fans". Doing so would facilitate (virtual) face-to-face interaction because you can't post anonymously, which would discourage bickering. Could be a one-stop-shop for meeting information, play schedules, stats, and discussion forums to raise questions and/or celebrate successes.(Could even post pictures of folks volunteering, game photos, etc.) In this way, it is also easier for the school to simply pass on the website address, and saves on PW voluntters time and money for recruiting and communication.

This is the third thread on this Topix after the first two being taken down. Maybe it's time to try another approach? Anything on TOPIX is going to attract negativity.
Crazy

Boonville, NY

#4 Nov 7, 2009
Suggestions wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows...let's not go there. Your post is irrelevant.
I posted this on the last forum I think after it was taken down, so I just wanted to offer it again in the event it might be helpful...I think there are a lot of people who would enjoy the opportunity to say positive things about the organization and the teams,the majority of whom probably don't read nor post on TOPIX. A couple people asked about meetings on the last forum. Might I suggest putting them on the school calendar, announcing the dates/times in the school newletter, and/or in the paper. More people would be reached. If none of those are possible, ask teachers to send a note home with kids who played pop warner this year.
Similarly, people with children in PopWarner right now are likely very computer savvy and (I'd suspect) most have Facebook accounts. Why not create a Mohawk Pop Warner group on Facebook? People can then become "fans". Doing so would facilitate (virtual) face-to-face interaction because you can't post anonymously, which would discourage bickering. Could be a one-stop-shop for meeting information, play schedules, stats, and discussion forums to raise questions and/or celebrate successes.(Could even post pictures of folks volunteering, game photos, etc.) In this way, it is also easier for the school to simply pass on the website address, and saves on PW voluntters time and money for recruiting and communication.
This is the third thread on this Topix after the first two being taken down. Maybe it's time to try another approach? Anything on TOPIX is going to attract negativity.
The school wants nothing to do with this pop-warner drama, they have enough problems, leave them out of your advertising gig, they do not have time for your B.S.
who knows

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2009
Actually crazy there were some good points in that post. A Facebook account would be a really good idea. I missed the games this year. My son went modified he grew so much over the summer. He never would have been able to meet the weight guidelines. I would love to see Pop Warner do well and think it was the best thing I ever did for my son so far. He gained so much self esteem, had so much fun and developed positive relationships. For a boy being raised in a house full of girls. this was his outlet. I would gladly help in fundraisers or any aspect of Pop Warner just to see it survive another year and many more.
Lisa

Camillus, NY

#6 Nov 9, 2009
who knows wrote:
maybe now it can be about Pop Warner instead of everything but!
Some people like to fight, that's all they know. So obvious.
what

Rockland, ME

#7 Jul 19, 2010
rumor has it that there will not be any mohawk pop warner this year..they cant get the numbers..any truth to that?if so,where will the kids play?
my opinion

Schenectady, NY

#8 Jul 19, 2010
I heard they have the numbers and it is a go, but who knows, rumors fly and no one knows what to beieve.
what

Rockland, ME

#9 Jul 19, 2010
your right.just saying thats what i was told
MPW

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jul 20, 2010
yes the #s are there, we just need a few more 9-10 year olds. So yes we are going to have mohawk pop warner this year.
Jenn B

Syracuse, NY

#11 Jul 21, 2010
First off our 1st priority is our kids so lets keep this topic clean without the drama and fighting. Lets keep in mind that some of our kids do get on here and read these posts. So lets set a good example for them.
1. I would like to say the PW drama is gone. We have a new board and a positive attitude. We are here for the kids and only the kids. What is best for them is what we are focusing on!
2. We DO have the numbers and will be having PW this season. We are still how ever looking for more 7-8-9 yr.olds so if you know anyone that hasn't already signed up please send them our way. We will how ever take any others not in that age group all well. We would never leave a child out or turn them away.
3. Our meetings are on a monthly basis. We don't feel the need to have them weekly or nightly like in the past season's and we do announce them in the Evening Telegram along with sign up dates. We did also had a write up in the School newsletter.
4. We do have a Facebook account as well as a web page mohawkpopwarner.webs.com We will try to keep them more undated. Feel free to visit both and become a friend.

As an active PW Parent ,I believe that there is always an opportunity to educate and inform to ensure that we always have a PW program in Mohawk for our children who are so committed and passionate about playing.

Another thing is the comments going around about us losing all games and so on.. A sport is not all ways about winning and losing. Yes winning is great, but the kids are also learning to be physically fit, increasing stamina, strength, agility, while creating good exercise habits, promoting teamwork, sportsmanship and yes learning how to play football! Each week these boys gave it there all!!!! They did not win a game not because of skill, talent or determination, but rather because it is nearly impossible for a group of 16 boys to play against a team of 25 or more. Believe me, they try! Being out numbered does not stop their commitment and passion for the game and for their team. They play hard and never say "I don't want to do this anymore", They play the game because they love the game.

My son was not able to play in games last year but he was at every practice and every game supporting his team. I often asked him if he didn't want to go. He would look at me and at 9 yrs old say "I made a commitment to my team and coach and I am not a quitter". That is what this program teaches our children. Which is by far more important then winning!
Jenn B

Syracuse, NY

#12 Jul 21, 2010
My apologies we are looking for 8-9-10yr.olds
MOHAWK MOM

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jul 21, 2010
jenn b must be jenn brewer MISS know it all.I understand your the VP tell me that dident go to your head. And if I remember right I watched your son play in the last game of the year. So whats all your holly then thou bull crap about not playing in a game.The onething I can sayis the boys last year did get beat up with such a small squad and they did give 100% in every game and never did give up, they also started playing together as a team.
Jenn B

Syracuse, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2010
My apologies. I am so sorry. Yes you are 100% correct. He did play in the very last game of the season. Thanks To his coach and the home team's coach and that made him very happy. I never said that I knew it all and I am not by any means claiming too. I took on the role as VP because no one would step up to the plate if you would like to take that position over then by all means leave your name and we can contact you. Like I said I am not here for drama/fighting.
wow

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jul 21, 2010
MOHAWK MOM wrote:
jenn b must be jenn brewer MISS know it all.I understand your the VP tell me that dident go to your head. And if I remember right I watched your son play in the last game of the year. So whats all your holly then thou bull crap about not playing in a game.The onething I can sayis the boys last year did get beat up with such a small squad and they did give 100% in every game and never did give up, they also started playing together as a team.
Wow, that took long for someone to come running in here to attack someone. Amazing.
what

Rockland, ME

#16 Jul 21, 2010
nicely said mrs. brewer..
RICK

Syracuse, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2010
JEN BREWER,your doing a great job as VP so dont let anyone make you feel any different about that.From what I can see,that the people who dont do any VOLUNTEERING are the most JUDGEMENTAL,NEGATIVE,DISSRUPTI VE,UNENTHUSIASTIC mean BASTARDS.The sad part is that we sit there and take it becouse what we do MEANS somthing to us.Some of the people who are like this sit HOME and find ways to start this NEGATIVE trouble while we are out there with there children/grandchildren. I also think that people who do this, it makes them feel better about themselves by justifying why they dont get out and VOLUNTEER any of there time.SO JEN BREWER if people think its gone to your head so be it,it takes a SPECIAL person like you who VOLUNTEERS there time and runs for positions like you have. You also hold down a FULL time job,run a FARM and you are still always THERE. You see its people like YOU that make a DIFFERENCE in KIDS lives,and in the community that kis will always remember you for your VOLUNTEER work.Remember VOLUNTEERING is a thankless job and people dont realize the time you put into things and the time you are away from your family, weather it be fund raising, meeting or what ever.As a VOLUNTEER if you do good your tops, do somthing bad your no good. So just keep it in your head that as long as your helping a CHILD your doing GOOD.I would like to thank you for all you have done for mohawk pop warner.
RICK

Syracuse, NY

#18 Jul 22, 2010
I see I spelled kids kis just wanted to point out this before i get pounded about the way things are spelled.
Jenn B

Syracuse, NY

#19 Jul 22, 2010
RICK wrote:
JEN BREWER,your doing a great job as VP so dont let anyone make you feel any different about that.From what I can see,that the people who dont do any VOLUNTEERING are the most JUDGEMENTAL,NEGATIVE,DISSRUPTI VE,UNENTHUSIASTIC mean BASTARDS.The sad part is that we sit there and take it becouse what we do MEANS somthing to us.Some of the people who are like this sit HOME and find ways to start this NEGATIVE trouble while we are out there with there children/grandchildren. I also think that people who do this, it makes them feel better about themselves by justifying why they dont get out and VOLUNTEER any of there time.SO JEN BREWER if people think its gone to your head so be it,it takes a SPECIAL person like you who VOLUNTEERS there time and runs for positions like you have. You also hold down a FULL time job,run a FARM and you are still always THERE. You see its people like YOU that make a DIFFERENCE in KIDS lives,and in the community that kis will always remember you for your VOLUNTEER work.Remember VOLUNTEERING is a thankless job and people dont realize the time you put into things and the time you are away from your family, weather it be fund raising, meeting or what ever.As a VOLUNTEER if you do good your tops, do somthing bad your no good. So just keep it in your head that as long as your helping a CHILD your doing GOOD.I would like to thank you for all you have done for mohawk pop warner.
Thanks for the support Rick!! It is VERY much appreciated!
Jade

Camden, ME

#20 Jul 22, 2010
Well said Jenn!!! You are sooo right about everything you said. And Kyle's commitment through last year was AWESOME!!! Keep doing what you're doing....GREAT JOB!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohawk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHY do WE ALLOW /|/IGGERS TO LIVE OFF THE CRO S... 6 min BRILHARDSBAG 2
Mark Butler admits no chip manufacturing plant due 9 min Truth 8
Bach Peter Parrotta Joe Double Dip Fudge Themse... 10 min Dave Smith 3
gabbie noble's baby daddy 11 min Skank Alert 5
I need TO COLLECT BOBBYS JIZZ WITH MY FACE THEN... 12 min Dave Smith 4
Robert Oliveiras Business 14 min Roberts Lies 6
/|/ggers the vi le criminals ra pe babies back... 15 min GORILLALIPKNIC 1
•••
•••
•••

Mohawk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mohawk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mohawk News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mohawk
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••