FBI raids South St. Paul road-construction business, owner's home

Full story: TwinCities.com

Armed with federal search warrants, FBI agents raided the business and home of a well-known South St.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AgentOrange

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

What is a "working class republican"? Something within that statement smells funny.
M Yass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

Union probably turned him in for a vendetta, they got torked off because they didn't receive the Obammy construction infastructure jobs. I love the pioneer Depress,this whole article and not one detail,why even print it?
M Yass

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

What now I can't even say O Bammy
Smartass

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Some of Danner's problem go back to Washington Grade School in the 50's.
Grove guy

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

M Yass wrote:
Union probably turned him in for a vendetta, they got torked off because they didn't receive the **** construction infastructure jobs. I love the pioneer Depress,this whole article and not one detail,why even print it?
So you would rather not know that his business and home were raided? Well, then read the Strib.
Aint that news

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Smartass wrote:
Some of Danner's problem go back to Washington Grade School in the 50's.
And South St Paul High School in the '60s. Hmmm....did he graduate? How's his pig farm in Inver Grove going?
Rice St

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

Danner is a Good old Boy, Started out with a Dump truck and worked like a Dog to get his Class Act Company built to what it is today.

I have nothing but RESPECT for this Man and anyone else that has a drive to achieve what he did on his own with 'No Government hand outs', Just Sweat, Blood and a swamp.

Danner employes a lot of people, and a lot of these people have families to feed and Danner cares about everyone of them..
billy boy

South Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2010

Judged:

Give them hell Marly. You are a great asset for SSP and IGH.
something funny

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Judged:

well the FBI doesn't raid your business and house for no reason, he had to have done something wrong.
Aint that news

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Judged:

Why isn't this front-page news? Give Marlon his 15 minutes of fame.
Mark Flatley

South Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Judged:

Look at the deniability quotes and how he was labeled a republican... I wonder who told the Pioneer Press about the raids, Mrs. Mayor?

I don't know much about Marly except that he started on his own and worked hard for what he has. I assume he doesn't have any friends in SSP city hall because his last name isn't Metzen and he probably doesn't donate to the dem establishment in town.
Geo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

Judged:

Marlon Danner has always been a hard worker, no doubt about that. What he has also been, is a crooked businessman, who has cut corners, not holding up his end of contracts. He has also been sued more times than you can shake a stick at, for various infractions. Trespassing, stealing topsoil from the property of others, and, for wrongful death. Oh yeah. A few years ago, Marlon Danner himself climbed into the cab of one of his machines, and in his rush, didn't look what he was doing, and backed it over an employee, crushing him to death. What will be interesting to see is how many public officials have accepted bribes from Marlon Danner. You see, Danner owns a home in Las Vegas. He loves to gamble, that darn Marley. And, it's long been suspected by many citizens that he has paid off inspectors and other city government officials in Las Vegas. That's an interstate crime, and thus a federal offense, which is why the FBI is involved. For years, Danner has been too big for anyone to take on. But it appears the Feds have finally caught on and taken action. Danner gambled, and this time, he lost. I am so looking forward to watching this unfold....business partners of Danner's, in many of his property development schemes and scams, will also go down with the ship. Just like Tom Petters and Denny Hecker, when the Feds sink that harpoon into The Great White Whale, lots and lots of smaller fish go down, too. And it's long overdue.
SSP Business Owner

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Geo is right on! Enough said...
AgentOrange

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Geo wrote:
Marlon Danner has always been a hard worker, no doubt about that. What he has also been, is a crooked businessman, who has cut corners, not holding up his end of contracts. He has also been sued more times than you can shake a stick at, for various infractions. Trespassing, stealing topsoil from the property of others, and, for wrongful death. Oh yeah. A few years ago, Marlon Danner himself climbed into the cab of one of his machines, and in his rush, didn't look what he was doing, and backed it over an employee, crushing him to death. What will be interesting to see is how many public officials have accepted bribes from Marlon Danner. You see, Danner owns a home in Las Vegas. He loves to gamble, that darn Marley. And, it's long been suspected by many citizens that he has paid off inspectors and other city government officials in Las Vegas. That's an interstate crime, and thus a federal offense, which is why the FBI is involved. For years, Danner has been too big for anyone to take on. But it appears the Feds have finally caught on and taken action. Danner gambled, and this time, he lost. I am so looking forward to watching this unfold....business partners of Danner's, in many of his property development schemes and scams, will also go down with the ship. Just like Tom Petters and Denny Hecker, when the Feds sink that harpoon into The Great White Whale, lots and lots of smaller fish go down, too. And it's long overdue.
Ever heard of DLO Excavation out Of Cottage Grove? Same crap was pulled off. Don O., the owner of DLO would get sued, shut down, and start right back up. The two of them S_C_R_E_W_E_D more honest hard working people "legally" than you can count.

The state of Minnesota never did a thing about DLO, maybe the feds can do SOMETHING about DANNER!!!!!!! Matbe is the word.
AgentOrange

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

SSP Business Owner wrote:
Geo is right on! Enough said...
You bet he`s right. I`d like to see the same happen to DLO!
fed

Dover, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

STICK IT TOO HIM NO BODYS ABOVE THE LAW,
EVEN RICH ,RICH PEOPLE HAVE BEND AT THE KNEES OF
A HIGHER POWER,BUBBA
MOM of westside

Superior, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Judged:

Is the Mayor of IGH involved with this? He has to be! he is crooked as the day is long.
Frank

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Judged:

I happen to know DLO and I'v never met a more honest and hard working person in my life. What happened to his business is a shame.
AgentOrange

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Frank wrote:
I happen to know DLO and I'v never met a more honest and hard working person in my life. What happened to his business is a shame.
If you know the "blowhard and cheat" you know why he as crooked as they come. He has "screwed" more people than carter has pills.

So Don....try a different screen name.

BTW, his son is following in daddy right at his shirt-tails. So be on the look out people, another cheating contractor is out there in daddys name.
peter

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

AgentOrange wrote:
<quoted text>
If you know the "blowhard and cheat" you know why he as crooked as they come. He has "screwed" more people than carter has pills.
So Don....try a different screen name.
BTW, his son is following in daddy right at his shirt-tails. So be on the look out people, another cheating contractor is out there in daddys name.
dude,u a idiot, marly dnt even have a son, u people have no idea what you talking about,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CISCO laying off to hire Illegals? 24 min John gotti 3
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
Kluwe and Vikings settle out of court 1 hr Vikings are Sissies 2
Obamacare fades from GOP's 2014 campaign playbook 2 hr LIbEralS 3
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr LIbEralS 32,322
GOP Biased Rasmussen Polls: Dayton, Franken Lea... 2 hr LIbEralS 3
Not What Jesus Said 12 hr Sangelia 2
•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••