Lakeville collision kills motorcyclist, injures his wife and driver of car

Full story: TwinCities.com

An accident involving husband-and-wife motorcyclists left a 62-year-old Lakeville man dead after his cycle collided with a car on Cedar Avenue in Lakeville on Saturday afternoon.
Comments
41 - 60 of 83 Comments Last updated Nov 3, 2010
Judge and Jury

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Not Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, learn grammer. The word is "YOU'RE", as in you are. "YOUR" is used for saying things like "your attitude stinks."
Secondly, why resort to name calling?? People are expressing their (<---- another commonly misused word, i.e. their, they're, there), opinions, not stating fact.
Third, if you are indeed a mature adult, lead by example, rather than ignorance.
First off, U R the idiot!
Pot calling kettle, hello!
It's grammar.
Open mouth and insert foot!
stpaulbear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

REAL Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot you probly have a moped and think your a Tuff Guy you dont know shirt about bikes I have LOUD pipes there louder than punks in getto mobiles and I have not been in an acident yet.
And, let me guess, you HATE those noisy 'getto mobiles' with the heat of a thousand suns.

Don't you know that most people put you in the same boat? Who wants to sit out on Grand Avenue or the main street in Prescott WI on a nice day and have to scream your conversation because the rich boys on their expensive toys want everyone to LOOK AT ME as they promenade up and down the street.

As for the crack about the moped, what a man you are (when you're on your motorcycle). Your overcompensation is showing...
stpaulbear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

the troll wrote:
the industry is promoting high visibility clothing/awareness for riders for this very reason. I have a blaze orange deer hunting like jacket and it draws attention from other drivers - even when I am not in their line of sight. It looks dopey, but it may save you from getting cut in front of...
Head light modulators that flash low/high beam during daylight hours really increase visibility, too.
You can keep pointing fingers, but other drivers aren't going away and mc's profile are smaller than say a bus/car/trucks.
I am a motorcyclist and I want to increase my chances of getting home so I;
1) Never drink and ride
2) Don't speed, weave, around or do stunts especially in high traffic areas
3) Slow down at night to avoid deer or road hazards
4) Wear protective gear: jeans, boots, gloves, glasses, jacket and most of the time a helmet.
It really up to the motorcyclist to do whatever they can to make sure they get home safe. Ride like they want to hit you, so don't let them.
I agree with all of your points. Very good advice. I wear a reflective vest and a full helmet when I ride too. It's square but I don't care.
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Oct 17, 2010
 
REAL Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot you probly have a moped and think your a Tuff Guy you dont know shirt about bikes I have LOUD pipes there louder than punks in getto mobiles and I have not been in an acident yet.
Gee, how scientific, how insightful, how incisive and well reasoned.

“Aspiring Human”

Since: Jan 09

Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

T Bagger wrote:
He obviously didn't have loud pipes.
Loud pipes are a myth.

Sources:
http://www.virginiawind.com/byways/loud_pipes...
http://www.examiner.com/motorcycle-travel-in-...

-Florida motorcyclist of ten years.
Age Discrimination

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

senior wrote:
this comments just show how stupid the younger people are, the vast majority of accidents are caused by younger people.
just look it up.
I'll take elderly neighbors and drivers anyday. Our neighborhood went down the tubes when the young people started moving in and the old neighbors moved out. In a few more decades when Lakeville becomes another Mpls. slum suburb I am sure people will miss all those 'old, scary' drivers.
Trippin

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Oct 17, 2010
 
stpaulbear wrote:
<quoted text>
And, let me guess, you HATE those noisy 'getto mobiles' with the heat of a thousand suns.
Don't you know that most people put you in the same boat? Who wants to sit out on Grand Avenue or the main street in Prescott WI on a nice day and have to scream your conversation because the rich boys on their expensive toys want everyone to LOOK AT ME as they promenade up and down the street.
As for the crack about the moped, what a man you are (when you're on your motorcycle). Your overcompensation is showing...
Rich boys?? You friggin' moron!! I have a big black gorgeous Harley and I'm flat broke!! Now Shut the hell up boy!
apple valley

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

having gotten my CDL within the last year I became painfully aware of just how bad my driving has gotten, and I had the fun of having a state certified driving tester point it out to me, I now drive professionally hauling haz mat on board, I never stop being amazed at how bad driving has gotten, 1 there is no phone call worth you life, if you miss it, 2 text at a stop light while you are waiting for a green, 3 pay attention to the front tires of the cars in front of you that can tell you what the driver is thinking or planning to do, may give you some time to react PS 30% of the drivers in the state of Minnesota don't carry insurance, so beef up your so when you have that crash you are properly covered
stpaulbear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Oct 17, 2010
 
Trippin wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich boys?? You friggin' moron!! I have a big black gorgeous Harley and I'm flat broke!! Now Shut the hell up boy!
Get real, loudmouth. If you were honestly flat broke you wouldn't have the harley.
senior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Oct 17, 2010
 
the u.s.a. population is a little over 310 million people.
people under 20 years make up 28%
people 20 years thru 65 years make up 60%
seniors 65 years and older make up12%
its the young people that comitt the most accidents.
Robin

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Oct 17, 2010
 
This is very sad.
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Oct 17, 2010
 
Trippin wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich boys?? You friggin' moron!! I have a big black gorgeous Harley and I'm flat broke!! Now Shut the hell up boy!
That's because you spent so much on add-ons and biker clothing straight from Harley to make yourself such an "individual" while looking exactly like every other douche-bag revving his obnoxiousness out for all the world to hear he's a big man on his big toy.
Diamond

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Oct 17, 2010
 
senior wrote:
<quoted text>
your an idiot, I think anybody over 18 should take a driving test every year.
more accidents are caused by you younger people than the elderly.
Dear Senior,
After reading your many posts raging about younger drivers and assuming that I'm a young driver without even bothering to read my very next comment, I have to ask if you took your meds today.

Since: Nov 09

Burnsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Oct 17, 2010
 
senior wrote:
the u.s.a. population is a little over 310 million people.
people under 20 years make up 28%
people 20 years thru 65 years make up 60%
seniors 65 years and older make up12%
its the young people that comitt the most accidents.
Now now senior ...you have to also take into account the number drivers in
that 20-65 year old range, they make up %95 of the vehicles on the road. Not
to mention the average commute of a 35 year old working class compared to my
Nanna driving down the street for bingo....mile per mile your stats wont
hold up.
Same climate

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Oct 17, 2010
 
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
You can place the blame anywhere you want, perhaps legitimately. But when a person gets on a motorcycle they are taking their lives in their own hands. It really doesn't matter whose fault it was at the point of collision when you are dead. And the motorcycle will almost always lose whatever encounter, whether it be with a truck, car, tree, ditch, fence or deer. The mistake you made was getting on one of those death machines
Oh yea? I beg to differ with you and I'm sure the courts would too.
REAL Biker

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

stpaulbear wrote:
<quoted text>
And, let me guess, you HATE those noisy 'getto mobiles' with the heat of a thousand suns.
Don't you know that most people put you in the same boat? Who wants to sit out on Grand Avenue or the main street in Prescott WI on a nice day and have to scream your conversation because the rich boys on their expensive toys want everyone to LOOK AT ME as they promenade up and down the street.
As for the crack about the moped, what a man you are (when you're on your motorcycle). Your overcompensation is showing...
Gotcha! ;-)
Rob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Same climate wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea? I beg to differ with you and I'm sure the courts would too.
Yeah, but legal niceties are merely a formality for your family to deal with when you're dead. And how would they feel when you got on that stupid death machine for a little afternoon of fun and came back in a body bag?
Confucius Also Say

Barron, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Oct 17, 2010
 

Judged:

1

the troll wrote:
the industry is promoting high visibility clothing/awareness for riders for this very reason. I have a blaze orange deer hunting like jacket and it draws attention from other drivers - even when I am not in their line of sight. It looks dopey, but it may save you from getting cut in front of...
Head light modulators that flash low/high beam during daylight hours really increase visibility, too.
You can keep pointing fingers, but other drivers aren't going away and mc's profile are smaller than say a bus/car/trucks.
I am a motorcyclist and I want to increase my chances of getting home so I;
1) Never drink and ride
2) Don't speed, weave, around or do stunts especially in high traffic areas
3) Slow down at night to avoid deer or road hazards
4) Wear protective gear: jeans, boots, gloves, glasses, jacket and most of the time a helmet.
It really up to the motorcyclist to do whatever they can to make sure they get home safe. Ride like they want to hit you, so don't let them.
I paint my car blaze orange. No get hit. No get shot at.
Rodney Kingpin

Barron, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Oct 18, 2010
 
EL OH EL wrote:
Hey "senior", did they change your diaper yet?
What you talkin''bout, Willis?
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Oct 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you spent so much on add-ons and biker clothing straight from Harley to make yourself such an "individual" while looking exactly like every other ****-bag revving his obnoxiousness out for all the world to hear he's a big man on his big toy.
Wow, when did this become "Hate Motorcyclists article" A man was killed by someone who was not paying attention. Doesn't matter is the man was riding a moped, honda, harley - he is now dead. As a rider I know it is frustrating when you are riding and see all the drivers around you not paying attention. I love to ride, I chose to stay out of traffic though I know avid riders who commute back and forth to work. Kudos to them, to scary for me as I was almost wiped out on 94 cause of someone talking on the phone changing lanes without looking. Get off this riders back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Minneapolis Forum right now

Search the Minneapolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 40 min LIbEralS 32,110
Tard 1 hr Tard Detector 1
Nice Ride loans out 140 bikes in low-income nei... 1 hr Bellweather 3
Global cooling 'undeniable,' scientists say 1 hr Bellweather 58
Hillary Clinton ranks last on U.S. 'most admire... (Jan '14) 1 hr Bellweather 8
Why our roads SUCK! 1 hr Bellweather 1
Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••