Eagles put quick end to Minnesota Vikings' playoff plans

Full story: TwinCities.com

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. One and done. The Vikings' postseason rust was evident, as they were shut out in the second half in a 23-14 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of328
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Queens Lose As Usual

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Can you say "choke"? I knew you could.
Queens Lose As Usual

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

No new stadium for you.
Go Chokings

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Choke.
Va Vikings Fan

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

I think it is evident that Tavaris is not going to be the answer...at least our boy Ryan saved his false starts till it didn't make any difference.
NebrFan

Hastings, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Well, I can be the first to say how pathetic our offense is. Less than 100 total yards or so in the 2nd half? Where is this offensive genius that we are supposed to have? Where is this QB that is supposed to be something?

Get Rid of Childress!!!!!!!

Get Rid of Jackson!!!!!!!!
Disgruntled Fan

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

The offense in the 2nd half was simply...offensive to watch. 3 points to take the lead and they could not even get into field goal range??? WOW. Things I would LOVE to happen but I doubt they will due to the husband and wife bond between Chilly and Zygi:
1)Fire Childress
2)Fire Childress
3)Fire Childress and his staff
4)Promote Leslie Frazier to head coach OR make a run for Bill Cohwer
5)Do not retain Darren Sharper
Mr Happy

South Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Good now the teams that deserve to be in the play offs can be there and not be distracted by the loser teams that sneak in the back door like the vikes.
Jake

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Oh hum, another playoff loss. I can't see this team improving next year without some big changes and some luck. Certain key players on defense are aging and QB play is still a big question for them. It will be interesting to see what is done in the offseason and hopefully it won't be the status quo, but I am not holding my breath.
was once proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

It is one of two not sure which yet.
Either many of us have been right all along about needing a real head coach and a QB
OR ,and I hope not. the game is fixed.
Bored

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

NebrFan wrote:
Well, I can be the first to say how pathetic our offense is. Less than 100 total yards or so in the 2nd half? Where is this offensive genius that we are supposed to have? Where is this QB that is supposed to be something?
Get Rid of Childress!!!!!!!
Get Rid of Jackson!!!!!!!!
Philly fans were saying the same thing (Get rid of Reid!!!! Get rid of McNabb!!!!!) 3 weeks ago.
Chad

Onalaska, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

They are who they thought they were a team without a real head coach with no starting QB to be real what did you expect? the vikings despite a very poor head coach and no starting QB managed to get in the playoffs and look like what was expected.
concerned fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

can everyone in the country see now that tarvarious jackson is not very good except brad childress? gus frerotte should have been in after the int. for eagle touchdown or in reality should have started 2 weeks ago!Lousy job of coaching not using your veteran QB with playoffs on the line! let's try getting a good coach and veteran QB (besides mcnabb,vick,jackson). Maybe mike Shanahan would like to coach a jackson-less viking team!
5Huskers

Woodway, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Childress and Jackson both need to go. I yes can't believe that Zigy is pleased.
top football fan

Perham, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

oh plzzz....u writer's of sport's columns don't try an set this on jackson...that was the worse play calling by bevel or childress in the second half i've ever seen.....not to mention you ran no screen's on a biltzing def...... do you guy's know anything about coaching???????that playoff lost is on the coaching staff of the off. of minnesota...what a horrible second half.......an to think you guy's had over a week to get ready ....coaching staff should be ashamed........
dave

Rice Lake, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

vikes had a realitively easy schedule this year for the most part and still had to win their last game of the season to win the division, plus frerotte should have been in the giants game and the philly game, jackson is not the QB of the future and sadly at 37 gus isn;t either, the team as a whole has alot of weaknesses both on offense and defense and Philly showed it, period!
next year

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Hey...about 20 other teams DIDN'T make the playoffs, so I'm not griping about the season as a whole.
Now spend the off season debating the following questions - is TJack a number one QB? Is Childress a bona fide NFL coach?
Upgrades?? I'd think a first rate cornerback, maybe a legit fullback, and an O-liner or two.
If one of the top college QB's is still on the board by the time the Vikes pick...I'd think long and hard about that, too.
All in all...a decent year, guys. A shame it ended with a whimper, not a bang.
luis

Serafina, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Vikes OL is soul bad....

Since: Oct 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

It's apparant that we aren't going far with Childress as a coach and TJ as a qb. That being said, before bigjohninwi. posts again, and makes fun of my military service as a personal attack against me, at least we didn't go 6-10 like the packers, and at least we don't resort to all time lows like questioning someones military service amongst fans like the packer fans do... evidence they will do absolutely anything to set the standard in classless behavior.
Frankers

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Who is T Jack?

Why not run the clock out at the end of the first half?

Why did I buy a ticket for todays game?
Conrad Dobler

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Judged:

Well its over and your blood pressure will come back to normal, in a couple of days.
And like me, you will be back in August, to do it all over again, why, because you love it and you wouldnt have it any other way, except for__________

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of328
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Minneapolis People Search