Big-play Minnesota Vikings top Texans

Vikings receiver Bernard Berrian caught only two passes. But his 55-yarder on the game's opening play set up an Adrian Peterson touchdown run, and his 49-yarder resulted in a touchdown, helping the Vikings jump ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kurt

Tucson, AZ

#1 Nov 2, 2008
Where's all he bitching whining babies jumping ship, crying and complaining? Hopefully you stay gone! SKOL VIKINGS, GREAT GAME!!!
OROVALLEY GUY

Tucson, AZ

#4 Nov 2, 2008
It was still an ugly game where the defense gave up WAY too many yards. It will be interesting when the Williams boys are suspended for 4 games each.

This is nothing better than an 8-8 or 7-9 team.
Justice

Owatonna, MN

#5 Nov 2, 2008
Glad to see a win.
Is it just me or does anyone else think that AD has lost 4th gear?
Kurt

Tucson, AZ

#6 Nov 2, 2008
dan in PHoenix wrote:
<quoted text>why don't you go sit on a cactus you freaking blow hard. it's niether bitching, whining,or crying when you have legitimate complaints that for some unknown reason, the ownership refuses to address.... and i got your baby, right freaking here!!! GO QUEENS
First off I was referring to the "I quit" babies, secondly if you wanna be a dick and while we are on the subject of "blowing hard" why don't you. I complain too but I don't degrade my team and jump on another bandwagon. It's one thing to question management and it is another thing to have no respect for ones team. SKOL VIKES!
STP PETE

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 2, 2008
Just you, Justice. He had 3 carries of 20+ yards, including a 40 yarder where the tackler simply got the angle on him. He had an exceptional day.
baguak

Tucson, AZ

#8 Nov 2, 2008
take what you can get, if they have any chance of impressing me this year it will be with a win next week. I cant take losing to GB twice for three years in a row.
The Real Pete

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 2, 2008
STP Pete, I run St. Paul, dont get any other ideas, I'll come back there and woop your ass. SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#11 Nov 2, 2008
Some thought we would overlook Houston while thinking ahead too much about the Green Bay game next week. We didn't do that and we got a win. Yes our defense gave up way too many yards on pass plays but the offense showed up today and the defense did just enough to get us the win. We will not get beat next. GO VIKES

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#12 Nov 2, 2008
We will NOT get beat next week i meant - but you all knew that already im sure.

Since: Oct 08

Des Moines, IA

#15 Nov 2, 2008
It was nice to see all the new guys contributing, Berrian and Allen were GREAT, Madeui Williams was solid and made a huge play, and we even got the token Shiancoe touchdown.

Offense sputtered at times, defense started getting tired ( the way it looked to me, anyways) but we made the plays and won.

Also kinda funny, where are all the pecker fans at on here when their crappy team loses???

“wtf”

Since: Oct 08

Isanti, MN

#16 Nov 2, 2008
I'm going to give some credit to the coaching staff for coming out with an aggressive game plan on offense. This is how the KAO is supposed to look. Nice to see Jared Allen make a huge impact in the final two minutes. Even a Sidney Rice appearance. The coverage teams were perfect, and Jacoby Jones is a dangerous returner. Madieu steps in and gets a pick in the end zone....

All in a solid effort, top to bottom. They still are just crushed down the seams by TE's, but our LB corps is a work in progress without EJ. Just keep building momentum...
bulldogdutch

United States

#17 Nov 2, 2008
4-4 BABY next week we will wipe off green puke off our boots
Drill Bit

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 2, 2008
Migz420 wrote:
I'm going to give some credit to the coaching staff for coming out with an aggressive game plan on offense. This is how the KAO is supposed to look. Nice to see Jared Allen make a huge impact in the final two minutes. Even a Sidney Rice appearance. The coverage teams were perfect, and Jacoby Jones is a dangerous returner. Madieu steps in and gets a pick in the end zone....
All in a solid effort, top to bottom. They still are just crushed down the seams by TE's, but our LB corps is a work in progress without EJ. Just keep building momentum...
Yeah, that aggressive take a knee play is damn near perfect!
Oh and that 4th and inches play, that really starts the ol sweat beads a poppin.
purplehaze

Toronto, Canada

#19 Nov 2, 2008
i never got to see the game on tv here, it sounds like the guys played well..childress' 3-0 record after the bye week being the biggest impact for the win...that's just freakin hilarious...bring on the peckers...GO VIKES!!!
Galactic Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Nov 2, 2008
Galactic Observer is befuddled this week. Impressive win does not fit with his conspiracy theory that no wins = low fan support = approval to move to LA (or Vegas)(Los Angeles Conquistadors or Las Vegas Lounge Lizards).
Galactic Observer feels as if his head is about to explode -- win does NOT COMPUTE.
However, in his heart, Galactic Observer is thrilled. Hope springs eternal.
Go Vikes!
Galactic Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Nov 2, 2008
Additional comment: Galactic Observer is always befuddled. Granted.
Gen Burkhalter

Malibu, CA

#22 Nov 2, 2008
Hey I am a big Klink basher but I'll give him a pass this week. I liked the opening play. He did revert to form for a lot of the game but added just enough in to get the win. AD looked good. I was beginning to worry. Not about Peterson but the coaches ability to spring him, but they came through.

I do like the way that the defensive line played in the end. I have to admit I was fully expecting Houston to march down the field to tie the score but two sacks to end the game was beautiful!

Let's see how Klink does against the Pack.
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#23 Nov 2, 2008
To all those idiot fans booing the Vikings when they kneeled on the ball in the last 50 seconds when we were on the one yard line...let me ask you how you would have felt if the Vikings ran the ball and fumbled and Houston took it back for a TD...oh I know what it would be...you would be calling for the head of Childress right now for being that stupid. I don't mind critism of chilli...because he is a moron but i hate when we secure a win and our retarded fans boo our team because they played it smart. Morons.
Lady Viking Fan in ND

Center, ND

#24 Nov 2, 2008
There are times when you go for the kill and times when you respect your opponent. I'm no fan of Mr. Childress and his coaching, but I think he did the right thing. Our team has a win and a lot that we can build on for the next game!
markymark

West Monroe, LA

#25 Nov 2, 2008
Lady Viking Fan in ND wrote:
There are times when you go for the kill and times when you respect your opponent. I'm no fan of Mr. Childress and his coaching, but I think he did the right thing. Our team has a win and a lot that we can build on for the next game!
Amen to that, sister...Go Vikes!!! Destroy the Pack!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minneapolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 9 min scirocco 32,794
Marriage Man and a Woman 17 min Joey Zaza 12
Ebola Spreads to Texas 20 min Joey Zaza 6
Black Bear Fights Back During Vicious Murder 24 min Joey Zaza 2
So what happens to all the dire Obamacare predi... 56 min tight lipped libe... 16
al freakin tax cheater 1 hr mn sure going up 1
Is the president safe? 1 hr LIbEralS 1
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Minneapolis Jobs

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Minneapolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Minneapolis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]