Devoe Joseph's transfer to Oregon happened quickly, but it was an 'ongoing process'

Full story: TwinCities.com

Former University of Minnesota basketball player Devoe Joseph said his transfer to Oregon "happened very quick," but he had been thinking about trying to find a better fit for a while.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2011
Jimbo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

I have to say that I really dont like Tubby Smith as a coach, Ive been pretty disapointed in him so far, I expected more. These last two seasons were really promising than he let the wheels fall off. It seems he's more interested in making a point with the players than winning, as a fan it sucks, were not paying him 2mill a year to teach lessons were paying him to win.
booingbooster

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Every player knows Tubby uses the same rotation he has used for the past , what, 30 years and that will never change Devoe. Way to turn on and punk your team! Good riddance.
Rodney

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Devoe, there is no I in team but you did get the answer the question right when you put me.

Since: Dec 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Jimbo wrote:
I have to say that I really dont like Tubby Smith as a coach, Ive been pretty disapointed in him so far, I expected more. These last two seasons were really promising than he let the wheels fall off. It seems he's more interested in making a point with the players than winning, as a fan it sucks, were not paying him 2mill a year to teach lessons were paying him to win.
Great point! I sure wish we could get Clem Haskins back. He sure knew how to win! C'mon Tubby, enough with the clean program already! Put you morals aside and put your blinders on! Who cares if the kids a thief, or smoke a little dope, or doesn't like going to class! We want victory's and at any cost! After all, we are fans and we deserve a winning program! Is Bobby Huggins available?
baltic

Casper, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Yep -- move to a smaller school in a smaller community so you can be King of the Hill again, run around day and night with you zipper down? You just might be surprised!
Hmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Good Riddance
65erz

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

See ya Devoe. Thanks for punking your entire team. We should have gone harder after your brother, who seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is becoming a star for Texas.

Don't let the door hit ya...Take Mbakwe with you too while your at it. And Royce...

Gophers need a new team. These guys are a major letdown. Can keep Sampson III and Hoffbarber.
SUREBET

Cold Spring, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

I hope the door didn't hit this kid in the butt on the way out! Every Coach has a SYSTEM and no team member is immune to this. Maybe Devoe hasn't figured this out yet, or SOMEONE FORGOT TO TELL HIM!!!!!!!!!! Every coach views each player differently, because they will fit in a system the coach has designed. Hopefully Devoe will agree with his new coach, OTHERWISE HE HAS THE SAME PROBLEMS HE HAD AT THE U of MN.
SUREBET

Cold Spring, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Jimbo wrote:
Coach Smith is a very good Coach and expects hardwork and discipline from his players. What do you want, another BOBBY KNIGHT! If so, this team couldn't handle a coach like that!!!!!!!!!!
SUREBET

Cold Spring, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Come-On-Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point! I sure wish we could get Clem Haskins back. He sure knew how to win! C'mon Tubby, enough with the clean program already! Put you morals aside and put your blinders on! Who cares if the kids a thief, or smoke a little dope, or doesn't like going to class! We want victory's and at any cost! After all, we are fans and we deserve a winning program! Is Bobby Huggins available?
MAYBE you should follow PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, because that is how it's done THERE!!!!!!!!!! After Haskins left, the U of Mn wanted a COACH that's RUNNING the PROGRAM EXACTLY THIS WAY! Sorry, I didn't make the rules, I'm only telling you the WAY IT IS!
Twinsfan

Willmar, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Perhaps that explains his lackadaisical play...or maybe it was the weed...
FU you devoe

Cottage Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

you are a selfish young man. that is all. way to bail on your teammates in the selfish name of "personal goals". what a crock! kids these days have no sense or idea of commitment and what it means.
Doesnt-It Bother You

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

We have to remember he's just a kid.
DD Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

A double minded person is unstable in ALL their ways.
John

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

He didn't reach his individual goals. That says it all. Selfish move by quitting on his team in the middle of the year.
Davoid

Hastings, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

The kid wasn't strong enough or athletic enough to be a starter in the Big 10. The team will be better without him.
FMC651

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Good luck to you at Oregon. But I really don't care to read about Devoe anymore. I know some are blaming Tubby. If you can't play for Tubby, you can't play for anybody.
good for him

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

I hope he drives those players crazy and the fans let him have it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Minneapolis Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Minneapolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Minneapolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE