Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4842 Jun 4, 2012
free wrote:
Job losses because of close-shop Union laden / burden workforces. The Union workforce is not going to follow the jobs. White collar will.
not all White Collars will just look at Navistar Engineerging Center in Fort Wayne Majority of them refused to transfer to Illinois and were UAW represented and stayed behind.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#4844 Jun 4, 2012
Why would Navistar move to Illinois from ft Wayne Indiana in the first place?
On a side note, a buddy from HS was and engineer at Navistar before getting a job at Honda Marysville doing the same thing there.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4845 Jun 4, 2012
[QUOTE who="me:)"]YOU ALL HAVE NO LlVES[/QUOTE]

And your response here proves that you have no life either.

Location hidden

#4848 Jun 4, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
Why would Navistar move to Illinois from ft Wayne Indiana in the first place?
On a side note, a buddy from HS was and engineer at Navistar before getting a job at Honda Marysville doing the same thing there.
I think alot of it had to do with the White Collar salaried UAW Representation more than anything for the reason of moving the Tech Center closer to Chicago, but from an economical state point especially financial mess that Illinois is in I couldnt see why and that people of Lisle, Illinois didnt want Navistar to move the Tech Center there.

Navistar announces move to Lisle, Illinois

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/Navistar-to-anno...

Location hidden

#4849 Jun 4, 2012
free wrote:
Getting a travel passport to get thru the FTZ gate is tough. But getting diplomatic immunity is a breeze as well as a Work Visa & Green Card.
I had my share of projects at Marysville Honda.
<quoted text>
Did you think working there was bad I have had people tell me you didnt want to even thing about working at Honda.

Location hidden

#4850 Jun 4, 2012
I cant believe this BS

Indiana hires global accounting firm to assess $500 million tax errors.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/article/20121206...

United States

#4851 Jun 4, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Did you think working there was bad I have had people tell me you didnt want to even thing about working at Honda.
Did they imply the white collar or the blue collar work was bad, or both? Cause from what I've heard, they really go out of their way for the workers.

United States

#4852 Jun 4, 2012
When I had to move away from home it was either take the promotion or lose your job. I can't imagine Navistar folks not going with their jobs. If they think they're so good they can get another job like that in Ft Wayne, more power to em.
me:)

Massillon, OH

#4855 Jun 5, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
[QUOTE who="me:)"]YOU ALL HAVE NO LlVES"

And your response here proves that you have no life either.
all you do is sit here and look for a fight with your paragraphs filling the feed up grow up
me:)

Massillon, OH

#4856 Jun 5, 2012
free wrote:
And you've joined us. What's that say about you ?
[QUOTE who="me:)"]YOU ALL HAVE NO LlVES"
that my feed is blown up

Location hidden

#4858 Jun 5, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
When I had to move away from home it was either take the promotion or lose your job. I can't imagine Navistar folks not going with their jobs. If they think they're so good they can get another job like that in Ft Wayne, more power to em.
the way I took it from somebody I talk to that worked there was basically it was because of the union they didnt want the UAW represented White Collar workers and only offered jobs to the Non Union White Collars management.
Racheal

Livingston, TN

#4860 Jun 5, 2012
Vote Democrat;

War on Women, Equal Pay Edition
ThinkProgress War Room

Republicans Block Paycheck Fairness Act
In their latest assault on women, Senate Republicans today unanimously blocked the Senate from even taking up the Paycheck Fairness Act. By contrast, every single Democrat voted in favor of the bill.

The important measure would help give women the tools necessary to address the yawning gap between what men and women earn for doing the same work. Lilly Ledbetter herself noted yesterday that it would be the “hammer for the nail” of the Fair Pay Act that bears her name — the first law that President Obama signed. She added,“it’s also an incentive to employers to do the right thing and treat their people fair and pay the equal wage that is required by law.”
(Check out our explainer for everything you need know about the Paycheck Fairness Act.)
Not the First Time the GOP Has Blocked Equal Pay Legislation
Sadly, this is not the first time that Republicans have gone on record opposing equal pay legislation:
Republicans almost unanimously opposed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, with just 8 Republicans total between both the House and the Senate supporting it.
In 2009, House Republicans overwhelmingly opposed the Paycheck Fairness Act, which nevertheless passed the House on a vote of 256-163.
In 2010, the last time the Senate took up the Paycheck Fairness Act, every single Republican voted in favor of a filibuster of the bill, which then narrowly failed despite the support of 58 Democratic senators. The lone Democrat to vote no in 2010, Sen. Ben Nelson (NE), voted in favor of the measure today. Had Senate Republicans not filibustered the bill in 2010, it would already be the law today.
Mitt Romney Refuses to Say If He Supports the Paycheck Fairness Act
Just as Mitt Romney would not say whether he supported the Lilly Ledbetter Act or would have signed it, he has consistently refused to take a position on the Paycheck Fairness Act. Numerous media outlets, including ThinkProgress, the Rachel Maddow Show, the right-wing Washington Times, and the New York Times have pressed the Romney campaign on this issue for months. None have received a straight answer.
Apparently wanting to have it both ways, Romney’s campaign would say only that he supports the concept of equal pay while repeatedly refusing to signal support for the legislation.
Romney’s latest insult to women is perhaps not particularly surprising, given that his top campaign aide recently referred to women’s issues as just “shiny objects” meant to distract voters.
IN ONE SENTENCE: Women’s rights aren’t a “shiny object” or a distraction, they’re issues of basic fairness and economic security that nobody in America — regardless of party — should be opposed to.
Evening Brief: Important Stories That You May Have Missed
The Wisconsin GOP’s voter suppression law could prevent tens of thousands of college students from voting in today’s recall election.
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals won’t revisit its decision striking down Proposition 8, setting up an appeal to the Supreme Court.
Top right-wing publication says don’t listen to Obama supporter Sarah Jessica Parker because she’s ugly.
Before today’s recall election in Wisconsin, some anti-Walker voters received robocalls telling them not to vote.
Even Karl Rove supports extending clean energy tax credits, something Mitt Romney opposes.
A collection of emails from Mitt Romney’s time of governor shed some light on his evolving views on health care — including a time when he firmly supported the individual mandate.
According to the IRS, more than ten thousand “One-Percenter” households pay zero income taxes.
U.S. officials report that Al Qaeda’s deput leader, Abu Yahya al-Libi, was killed in a drone strike in Pakistan ealier this week.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4861 Jun 5, 2012
Racheal wrote:
Vote Democrat;
War on Women, Equal Pay Edition
ThinkProgress War Room
Republicans Block Paycheck Fairness Act
In their latest assault on women, Senate Republicans today unanimously blocked the Senate from even taking up the Paycheck Fairness Act. By contrast, every single Democrat voted in favor of the bill.
The important measure would help give women the tools necessary to address the yawning gap between what men and women earn for doing the same work. Lilly Ledbetter herself noted yesterday that it would be the “hammer for the nail” of the Fair Pay Act that bears her name — the first law that President Obama signed. She added,“it’s also an incentive to employers to do the right thing and treat their people fair and pay the equal wage that is required by law.”
(Check out our explainer for everything you need know about the Paycheck Fairness Act.)
Not the First Time the GOP Has Blocked Equal Pay Legislation
Sadly, this is not the first time that Republicans have gone on record opposing equal pay legislation:
Republicans almost unanimously opposed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, with just 8 Republicans total between both the House and the Senate supporting it.
In 2009, House Republicans overwhelmingly opposed the Paycheck Fairness Act, which nevertheless passed the House on a vote of 256-163.
In 2010, the last time the Senate took up the Paycheck Fairness Act, every single Republican voted in favor of a filibuster of the bill, which then narrowly failed despite the support of 58 Democratic senators. The lone Democrat to vote no in 2010, Sen. Ben Nelson (NE), voted in favor of the measure today. Had Senate Republicans not filibustered the bill in 2010, it would already be the law today.
Mitt Romney Refuses to Say If He Supports the Paycheck Fairness Act
Just as Mitt Romney would not say whether he supported the Lilly Ledbetter Act or would have signed it, he has consistently refused to take a position on the Paycheck Fairness Act. Numerous media outlets, including ThinkProgress, the Rachel Maddow Show, the right-wing Washington Times, and the New York Times have pressed the Romney campaign on this issue for months. None have received a straight answer.
Apparently wanting to have it both ways, Romney’s campaign would say only that he supports the concept of equal pay while repeatedly refusing to signal support for the legislation.
Romney’s latest insult to women is perhaps not particularly surprising, given that his top campaign aide recently referred to women’s issues as just “shiny objects” meant to distract voters.
IN ONE SENTENCE: Women’s rights aren’t a “shiny object” or a distraction, they’re issues of basic fairness and economic security that nobody in America — regardless of party — should be opposed to.
Evening Brief: Important Stories That You May Have Missed
The Wisconsin GOP’s voter suppression law could prevent tens of thousands of college students from voting in today’s recall election.
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals won’t revisit its decision striking down Proposition 8, setting up an appeal to the Supreme Court.
Top right-wing publication says don’t listen to Obama supporter Sarah Jessica Parker because she’s ugly.
Before today’s recall election in Wisconsin, some anti-Walker voters received robocalls telling them not to vote.
Even Karl Rove supports extending clean energy tax credits, something Mitt Romney opposes.
A collection of emails from Mitt Romney’s time of governor shed some light on his evolving views on health care — including a time when he firmly supported the individual mandate.
According to the IRS, more than ten thousand “One-Percenter” households pay zero income taxes.
U.S. officials report that Al Qaeda’s deput leader, Abu Yahya al-Libi, was killed in a drone strike in Pakistan ealier this week.
Give it up already. Most of America sees through the BS.

United States

#4863 Jun 5, 2012
Rachel is probably PIGH in cognito because she knows she's been exposed for a moonbat.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4866 Jun 5, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
Rachel is probably PIGH in cognito because she knows she's been exposed for a moonbat.
There are similarities, aren't there?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#4867 Jun 6, 2012
Kennesaw71 wrote:
And so say's a teafarty mouthpiece. Looks like she did factual research instead of just mouthing off far right wing tidbits.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4868 Jun 6, 2012
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And so say's a teafarty mouthpiece. Looks like she did factual research instead of just mouthing off far right wing tidbits.
Factual reearch? The whole post is a copy/paste of someone else's so-called research.

http://thinkprogress.org/progress-report/war-...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#4869 Jun 6, 2012
Ethel K wrote:
<quoted text>
Factual reearch? The whole post is a copy/paste of someone else's so-called research.
http://thinkprogress.org/progress-report/war-...
So what-Refute what she put out.
woo-boy

Circleville, OH

#4870 Jun 6, 2012
Al Sharpston is my mouthpiece and hero.
Dem

Chillicothe, OH

#4871 Jun 6, 2012
I am a female and I think it's pretty crappy how these repubs are swooping in w/ all the big money turning elections and taking everyones rights way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
preditors Nov 20 ryoung 1
John Wick has too Many Weapons and too Much Blo... Oct '14 Culture Auditor 1
Rikki Oct '14 Jeff 1
Puppy Mills (Oct '06) Sep '14 ADOPT dont SHOP 15
Church protests after pastor arrested at stripa Sep '14 greg 1
Anti-fracking billboards in Ohio coming down Sep '14 Kri 1
Marlon Taylor Aug '14 Funny stuff 1
Millersburg Dating
Find my Match

Millersburg People Search