Man tries to withdraw guilty plea in killing

A Warner Robins man who pleaded guilty last week to the murder of his live-in girlfriend in their Warner Robins home is trying to take it back. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Patrice Darlington

Falls Church, VA

#1 Jul 6, 2006
Mr Pannell is trying to play the system. He knowingly and
willfully killed my neice. Thus far the system has worked
very efficiently and I have every confidence it will not
fail the Darlington family. The family is still trying
to come to terms with this trajedy and if Mr.
Pannell is allowed to change his plea it would
be extremely devastating to Silecia's mother and
the rest of the family.

Silecia's aunt
NAQUAN JONES

Silver Spring, MD

#2 Jul 23, 2006
MR.PANNEL THAT HE WAS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH THE KILLING OF SILECIA, HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING AND FOR THAT I HOPE HE SUFFERS TWENTY TIMES MORE THAN US,SILECIA WAS A BEAUTIFUL PERSON WITH A BIG HEART AND HE CUT SHORT HER LIFE AND ON ACCOUNT OF NOTHING THERE IS NOTHING THAT HE CAN SAY OR DO TO BRING HER BACK AND FOR THAT HER FAMILY WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS TRAJEDY FOREVER I HOPE THE SYSYTEM CONTINUES TO A GREAT JOB IN KEEPING MR PANNELL IN PRISON WERE HE DESERVES TO BE FOREVER.

SILECIA'S FRIEND
Lisa Hunt

Washington, DC

#3 Jul 24, 2006
Pat, I agree. You took the words out of my mouth. Ricahrd entered the guilty plea, in hopes of a lighter sentence, which only angered me because he would be eligible for parole in 2025- age 44. But the real true reason why he is trying to retract his plea and say he didn't kill her is that he is not a thug,nor is he built for jail. He would have to be the stupidest person in the world to think that any court would overturn a guilty plea ,entered by him, the defendant, especially when he was already deemed as mentally stable to hold trial ( After trying to make the county jail and the court-appointed attorneys believe he was insane. Why should he be able to have another chance at trial! He cut her life short. He should have received the death penalty. Then again, maybe they should let it go to trial so that bastard will get the death penalty after being heard by a panel of jurors that nkow this was a heinous crime that took they life of a beautiful spirit. No court in the world would bring back anything but a guilty plea, and then that monster would be sentenced to death- Georgia Law, they have the death penalty. I wonder how his family feels that they raised a monster. This is a life changing crime, where everyone who new her will forever be affect. My kids will never know what an impact their Aunt would have made on their life, because some envious nigga decided to cut it short. I loved my little sister, and now I can never see her again because of some obsessive man.
Lisa Hunt
Surrogate Big Sister/Nephew's Monther
Lisa Hunt

Washington, DC

#4 Jul 24, 2006
Sorry for the misspelled words, Caught up in the moment. Should have read it before I submitted it.
Kia

Chevy Chase, MD

#5 Aug 2, 2006
I hope that ignorant fool gets what he deserves. And I hope the guilt haunts him forever. He had no right to take her away, just like he has no right to live. I hope he realizes what he's done. Many lives have been affected and wounds have been inflicted that can never be healed. Cee will forever be missed. I learned alot from her and I know others did to.

Kia (Phill's Little sister)
RIP Cee, I miss you and I Love You
Bonita Thomas

Washington, DC

#6 Aug 8, 2006
Richard knew exactly what he was doing when he took my cousin's life. Now that he is facing 30 years, he wants to work out a better deal for himself. He thought that by pleading guilty he would get a reduced sentence. What this fool doesn't realize is that this is a reduced sentence. Our family is serving the life sentence that he chose to give us. We have to go through everyday of the rest of our lives knowing that we will never hear Silecia's voice or see her smile. I prayed that he would continue to deny his guilt so that he would go to trial and get the death penalty that he deserved. My prayers weren't answered exactly how I wanted, but I know in my heart that he will be punished. He may only do 30 years, but it will feel like the life sentence that he gave our family by taking our precious gift from us. I am keeping up with the news from Warner Robbins, and I see that he is now facing "gun running" charges. That's right you idiot....keep digging that hole a little deeper for yourself. I hope you rot in jail!!!!

Bonita Thomas
Silecia's cousin
Family

Lexington Park, MD

#7 Dec 11, 2006
Look Richard is not a monster!
In case you did not know Richard was highly druged when he pleeded guilty so what ever he said can not be used in this case. Richard loved Your cousin. People Praying to god to have someone suffer are really the monsters here.
Are family feels that God will deal with Richard the way he wants.
Even though you might hate us or hate him god will decide what go's on here.
Jennifer Darlington

Washington, DC

#8 Dec 11, 2006
I have been here plenty of times and now I have finally decided to write something. First off, you do not kill some one you love!! I understand that Richard is your loved one, but he took away mine and for that there is no way that I or any of my family I am sure will be able to forgive him. Silecia was a large part of my life and there are somethings that will never be able happen that we wanted to happen because of this. Richard being druged at the time of his guilty plea hs absolutely nothing to do with what he did to my cousin, it was cruel and at the time that my family wrote those comments there is no way you could think nothing but, I hope he gets what he deserves. He knowlingly killed my cousin and there is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that he did and even if there was a trail he would end up right where he is...in jail for life. However, I do pray for the other side because there was a different kind of lost, but you can still write him, hear his voice, or know that he is alive. We can't do that. There are still some things taht he needs to deal with and I pray that he gets through them and whatever happens is deserved. Silecia I miss you and you will never be forgotten...always in my heart.
Silecia's younger cousin
Jen
Ima Idiot

Byromville, GA

#9 Dec 12, 2006
Family wrote:
Look Richard is not a monster!
In case you did not know Richard was highly druged when he pleeded guilty so what ever he said can not be used in this case. Richard loved Your cousin. People Praying to god to have someone suffer are really the monsters here.
Are family feels that God will deal with Richard the way he wants.
Even though you might hate us or hate him god will decide what go's on here.
1st, a jury, not God will deal with Richard.
2nd, someone blaming a "habit" on their harnm is no excuse. If he had a problem, he should have sought help before murdering someone. Once, a high school buddy asked me to go to a "pot" party with him. I turned it down, and he didn't go either...he's been clean ever since. It's a choice and OTHERS live with the consequences of poor choices. You now live with the consequences of having a family member run your name down.
3rd, he admitted it hoping for a lighter sentence. Now if he's allowed to recant, the prosecutor could (should) seek the death penalty.
Family

Washington, DC

#10 Dec 13, 2006
Ima Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
1st, a jury, not God will deal with Richard.
2nd, someone blaming a "habit" on their harnm is no excuse. If he had a problem, he should have sought help before murdering someone. Once, a high school buddy asked me to go to a "pot" party with him. I turned it down, and he didn't go either...he's been clean ever since. It's a choice and OTHERS live with the consequences of poor choices. You now live with the consequences of having a family member run your name down.
3rd, he admitted it hoping for a lighter sentence. Now if he's allowed to recant, the prosecutor could (should) seek the death penalty.
To who ever it may concern
Look who ever you are your friend and this weed thing dont have nothing to do with this incident.
If you think that the government or Jury has the power to overcome what god's plan than you are an idiot.
If Richard is guilty than god will deal with him
not your Jury.
If you were in the same position.
I just pray that your head gets cleared because wishing somebody gets the death over someones head is wrong.
Family

Washington, DC

#11 Dec 13, 2006
Jennifer Darlington wrote:
I have been here plenty of times and now I have finally decided to write something. First off, you do not kill some one you love!! I understand that Richard is your loved one, but he took away mine and for that there is no way that I or any of my family I am sure will be able to forgive him. Silecia was a large part of my life and there are somethings that will never be able happen that we wanted to happen because of this. Richard being druged at the time of his guilty plea hs absolutely nothing to do with what he did to my cousin, it was cruel and at the time that my family wrote those comments there is no way you could think nothing but, I hope he gets what he deserves. He knowlingly killed my cousin and there is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that he did and even if there was a trail he would end up right where he is...in jail for life. However, I do pray for the other side because there was a different kind of lost, but you can still write him, hear his voice, or know that he is alive. We can't do that. There are still some things taht he needs to deal with and I pray that he gets through them and whatever happens is deserved. Silecia I miss you and you will never be forgotten...always in my heart.
Silecia's younger cousin
Jen
High i am Richards Bro I kno how you feel about the situation. My family has met Selicia Many times. She was a shaperone at my party. She was a nice girl. My family including Richard is more than sorry for what happened to your Family member. I know no matter what happened your cousin is not alive because of my brother. But my brother did not purposefully kill your sister. I know it is hard to believe what i tell you. There are details that i can not tell you about that are about what happened that would clear some things up for you and your family. Either way one of your loved ones are gone and you will allways feal hurt and mad at Richard. When I think about what happened to her and my brother it makes me cry.
And the only thing that bot of our familys have is God. Sorry fo what has happened.
Family

Washington, DC

#12 Dec 13, 2006
Look Richard does not have an addiction problem.
Stop hateing on him and let things happen the way god wants it to.
To me defying god is not a safe decisin someone should make in their life time.
If you were literate and read what i said you whould understand that i was saying about him being drugged Idiot.
Dont ever talk about someone running my name down because god says that he is the only one who even has the power to do that.
So what you or society has to say dosent matter to me.
And if they do kill are you going ot feel better?
Cause if you do than you should be the on going to Jail!!
Does somone dieng help ease your pain?
Do you want to be the one to put Richard away for good?
Because if you do than your the one who needs to seek help?
You should grow up and stop trying to use joans beacuse none of them are funny.
Ima Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
1st, a jury, not God will deal with Richard.
2nd, someone blaming a "habit" on their harnm is no excuse. If he had a problem, he should have sought help before murdering someone. Once, a high school buddy asked me to go to a "pot" party with him. I turned it down, and he didn't go either...he's been clean ever since. It's a choice and OTHERS live with the consequences of poor choices. You now live with the consequences of having a family member run your name down.
3rd, he admitted it hoping for a lighter sentence. Now if he's allowed to recant, the prosecutor could (should) seek the death penalty.
Jennifer Darlington

Washington, DC

#13 Dec 13, 2006
I tahnk you for your slight concern in what my family and i are goin through. However, your words do not console me and until I know exactly what happened and why he would think to pull a gun out on my cousin and them kill her, I have nothing but anger towards Richard, not your family. None the less, I was upset that we heard from not one member of the family saying that they were sorry for what Richard did or send any type of condolence. The only person thst sought us out was his father.
lisa

AOL

#16 Mar 30, 2007
It funny how his family can sit here a say certain things on behalf of richard . I remember the frist day that Cee and i met him i knew something was strange about him but i let it go because she was my BF more like a sister to me. Anyway i cant understand why you took her away from us even before her death you took my best friend away from me i never could understand y but now i see that you are selfish person . sometime i cry because i feel it was my fault if we would of never went out that night she would never met you and she would still be here today . You cant possible understand the life you took not only was she a friend she was the only daughter Jean had and the only sister Darnell and Donte had . she was a beautiful soul but most of all a great friend you took half of me away .So to let you know Richard i hate you for that . Cee may your soul RIP love Xclusive
Tracee Robinson

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jul 3, 2007
I don't know Richard but I have to say you my friend are a disgrace. I am Cee's dance sister from VSU. I will NEVER forget that night that my coach called me and told me Cee was murdered. I was so hurt and could not sleep for days. I cannot believe you would do something like this to her. After seeing Cee's body in that church a year ago today I wanted to say to hell with jail you need EXECUTED and I wanted to be there to take your last breath, but since that is not the case I hope you find GOD in jail and til then GOD is going to deal with you and will do more than anybody in this world can do so GOOD LUCK!
Big Brothers

District Heights, MD

#20 Jul 16, 2007
Baby Evil wrote:
Yes. Lisa I don't know you, but I must say that I agree with you. She was too sweet of a person to go the way that he decided to play God and take her. I've heard so much about your relationship with Cee and I can only continue to pray for the void that's in your heart as well as her family's. I went to school with Cee from Stuart-Hobson to Techworld to Eastern. I see little things and it reminds me of her so much.I used to call her my daughter when we were in high school and we used to crack up all the time when she would see me in the hallway and call me "mommy" because she was older than me by almost a month.
I just want to say to Richard and his family that "boy you/he really did it this time, not only did he kill her but you killed many of us too b/c we have to live with the fact that we will NEVER, hince the word NEVER, see her again". Mighty funny how u didn't start her life, but you sure did take it. What a PUNK!!!!!!
You(his family) Need to send him copies of this guestbook so that he can FEEL what he's done to us.
Why would you want me to send all of these things to my brother, I know that kno matter what you have lost a Loved One, but I Know that My Bro would never kill someone, Please stop asking my Family to do things like this to my Brother because it will never happen, We're sorry for what happened to you,
Family

AOL

#21 Jul 17, 2007
Richard attempted to change his guilty plea, so the record would be set straight. He initially got some bad legal advise. He loved Silecia as much as she loved him. After one year I continue to read these same sad lines from family and friends. I pray for healing, and that God helps everyone who reads these lines to be able to overcome their hurt and pain because of the loss of life(s). Both families feel pain. Please remember God's word as a source of comfort. I met Silecia and she was a beautiful, sweet young lady. May her spirit rest in peace. Lovingly, Richards Aunt
"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who bellieves in Me, though he may die, he shall live". "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John II:25-26.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Prince_Rashid_Al -aljaweel

Kuwait

#22 Jul 17, 2007
Send him to Kuwait. We will cut off his stupid head.
Lisa Hunt

Washington, DC

#23 Aug 15, 2007
I am going to try to be discreet as possible so my message can be posted this time. You know what's funny, how the "FAMILY" writes time after time about why are we saying this,why are we saying that! You talk about COMFORT, how many of you all have called her mother to COMFORT her. I see her almost every week,talk to her almost every day, and no matter if I comfort her, her sisters comfort her, her sons comfort her, that is not going to REPLACE her daughter. This is not magician act and magically Silecia is going to walk out of her room and say "Ma, we going shopping", she is not going to call her grandmother and say "Grandma, what you doing?",she is not going to be able to tell Jennifer to come on so she can do her hair or take Darnte' to the movies, or see her niece and nephews or cousins,or aunts or uncles or anybody, because SHE'S DECEASED, and there is nothing the FAMILY can do about it. I often pray for those who continue to pray for Richard. They need to be praying that he comes to terms and takes responsibility for his actions in reference to my little sister's death. People want to preach and offer scriptures,but who is really helping the healing process. To the aunt who is in the church,doesn't YOUR GOD teach you to offer help and comfort to those in need? Have you ever called her mother. Who attended the funeral and actually had enough balls to acknowledge the fact that they were a representative of the "PANNELL" family? Who offer sympathy cards, or even emotional support? None of you, so before the FAMILY writes another entry on this page think about what you say before you say it,because everyone is going to continue to grieve until justice is served.

From Big Sis

I Love You Silecia
"Fly Like A Bird"
LaJuan Epps

United States

#24 Aug 30, 2007
First of all I would like to thank Lisa for being such a great friend not only to my cousin Silecia but a great intellectual advocate for our family. Lisa we love you more than you will ever know. I have made myself sit here and read everyone thoughts and comments not knowing if I was going to comment or not. But after hearing such idiot nonsense from the family members of a killer I had to make myself heard.
I have no idea how Richard's family could ever believe that our family (Silecia's family and friends) could have any kind of sympathy for this idiot. I have heard several people in his family comment on the "love" he had for my cousin. If they believe that killing someone is love then I understand where Richard gets his values from. My family always taught us that love doesn’t hurt. STOP! Defending him, it is okay to love him without making what he did okay. You need to let Richard for once stand as a man and suffer the consequences of his actions. But let us remember our angel in our own way.
I remember nights that Silecia and I spend in her basement talking and laughing. I remember Silecia speaking of all the dreams she had for her life. She was a person who not only spoke of dreams she accomplished dreams and unfortunately for her family and friends she also had dreams and believed in the kindness of people. She dreamed of making a difference in this cruel world and for that she loses her life to a selfish uncaring person. Silecia brought people together she brought laughter and joy to everyone's life she touched and no we can't forgive him for taking her away from us. It was a cowardly act that deserves the most extreme punishment. I am pretty sure that you as his family have a shinning star in your family. That one person that no matter what happens is always able to bring a smile to everyone she/he encounters. Well as you can see Silecia was our "shinning star" and he took her from us. And even a year later the pain doesn't hurt any less.
We just had a family gathering recently and even though it was nice seeing family and friends you still knew that something just wasn’t right. My precious cousin wasn't there. As a family we try to stay strong and be there for one another, we try to trust that god will give us the answers and teach us not to hate. But how can you get pass losing someone so great. You can't and in turn we express our pain, our sorrow and our frustration. So if you truly cared about Silecia like you said you do you should humble yourselves and accept our words as our healing process since we aren't the ones who caused this tragic event. We are attempting to heal from a tragedy that is beyond our understanding of wonderful, inspiring angel.
Sometimes as intelligent adults the best answer is no answer just listen. These are our feelings, Silecia was our life. Just allow us to remember her, grieve her and honor her and our way! I love you Silecia you are always in my heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milledgeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Warner Robins a good place to live? (Sep '08) 20 hr Shhs 80
Bad neighbors (May '07) Oct 26 Closed 12
Paul Mangiaracina is to be burn in Milledegevil... (May '07) Oct 24 rrmangiaracina 51
stupid southerners (May '12) Oct '14 GCproudalum 37
Review: Jomic Home Restorations (Jun '11) Sep '14 jkchd07- Honest C... 64
government Sep '14 barnhater 2
Radio 'Hams' handle emergency communications Sep '14 HAM 12345 2

Milledgeville News Video

Milledgeville Dating
Find my Match

Milledgeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Milledgeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Milledgeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:25 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:25AM
Kansas City Chiefs: Signing Jason Avant Won't Make a Big Difference on Offense
NFL10:35 AM
Cleveland Browns officially activate Josh Gordon
Bleacher Report 5:28 PM
Jonathan Stewart Has Underrated Value for Fantasy Playoff Teams
ESPN 4:56 AM
Source: Browns' Gordon to get 20-30 plays
Bleacher Report 7:46 AM
Live: Follow Falcons Highlights