Colorado Shooting Rekindles Gun Control Debate

Jul 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Roll Call

Sen. Dianne Feinstein called for increased gun control in the wake of last week's Colorado shooting, saying it may have helped prevent the tragic incident.

Comments
1 - 20 of 5,107 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2013
First Prev
of 256
Next Last
Gravediggers

United States

#1 Jul 22, 2012
It's the economy, it's jobs.

Obama loves to turn the discussion to the CO tragedy instead of the tragedy of his presidential term.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Va te faire baiser chatte

AOL

#2 Jul 22, 2012
Well Colorado allows the sale of weapons and that they can be carry, concealed, to public buildings and college campuses.
So what do you think it can happen? Is Colorado saying that the police is not enough to guaranty security? Can a handgun beat an assault rifle 100% of the time? Even the police say that a well equiped individual is hard to bring down so how can a regular citizen armed with a gun take down a machine gun or automatic firing assault rifle like the AR-50?
Colorado better stop pleasing the NRA under the excuse do diminish my freedoms than making it difficult for the citizenry and the police to defend themselves from deranged individuals!
I blame this one on Colorado! Live with the consequences of your actions!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#3 Jul 22, 2012
No doubt the argument will kick off again, people will, or will not pass legislation, and if legislation passes then some people will feel better because they did not stand by and do nothing.

The end result on the average american will be the same as if you did stand by and just did nothing. We because we have tried limiting gun sales to non assault weapons and weapons with magazines holding less than 10 rounds. Nothing different happened with regard to this kind of senseless killing, they still occurred.

I watched the talking heads on the sunday news shows, it seemed that they all had an obligatory representative who talked about mental health but they rushed by what they had to say in order to get the the gun control argument.

It reminds me of the old saying that when people don't know what to, they do what they know.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#4 Jul 22, 2012
The FBI should expand their surveillance beyond just Muslims......

Everything this nutjob was doing was setting off warning flags that should have been picked up.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 22, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
It's the economy, it's jobs.
Obama loves to turn the discussion to the CO tragedy instead of the tragedy of his presidential term.
People died and you are asking the government for a job???? WTF?!?!

We had another month of job growth and 92% of the workforce is employed. If you want a job, GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET ONE, like every other hard working American. Man up and stop asking the government for a handout!

AOL

#6 Jul 22, 2012
All I know is that if every person in that movie theater had a gun, a shootout and more victims will had occured!
A theater is dark and sound echoes everywhere so shooters will think that shots came from different directions and they may shoot back at the wrong people who are probably defending themselves from a camouflage shooter (dressed in black with protective equipment).
Colorado you failed and you will pay again! Fix your problem. Don't expect symphaty from me!

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 22, 2012
Va te faire baiser chatte wrote:
Well Colorado allows the sale of weapons and that they can be carry, concealed, to public buildings and college campuses.
So what do you think it can happen? Is Colorado saying that the police is not enough to guaranty security? Can a handgun beat an assault rifle 100% of the time? Even the police say that a well equiped individual is hard to bring down so how can a regular citizen armed with a gun take down a machine gun or automatic firing assault rifle like the AR-50?
Colorado better stop pleasing the NRA under the excuse do diminish my freedoms than making it difficult for the citizenry and the police to defend themselves from deranged individuals!
I blame this one on Colorado! Live with the consequences of your actions!!!
Attention fruitcake!!! Try to regurgitate something new not the same old meaningless dead horse sht that some self-serving turd like brian ross pooped in your head. I mean if you are that stupid I just cannot see how you could be trusted with a car much less a gun. After all, you could drive your car through a long line of people waiting to see a movie.
Perhaps you should stop pleasing self-serving scumbags who politicize a tragedy committed by a deranged individual. Law abiding gun owners do not appreciate being thrown in with james holmes anymore that you would like to be thrown in with someone who used their car to commit murder.

AOL

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Everything this nutjob was doing was setting off warning flags that should have been picked up.
Of course, a punch (in the right place), a fist, a knife, a rock, a bat, electricity, drowning, etc. can kill people.
That is not the point. A gun makes it easier to kill people (you can aim, close your eyes, and never see what you did!).
It takes a lot more energy, hate, and hormones to kill someone with your hands or using a tool to dump kinetic energy on your victim. So after the first strike and your eyes witnesses the damage, if you are logical, your brain will feed you restrain messages. With a gun, everything is more rapid, the timescale is short and the feedback is too slow. A gun gives me the encouragement to exhale my hate.
HOW COME PEOPLE WHO ARE THINKING OF KILLING OTHERS WHEN GIVEN THE CHOICE OF GUN OR KNIFE, THEY CHOOSE A GUN TO DO THEIR DIRTY WORK?
All I know if that if the bad guys have assault rifles and I have a handgun, I DON"T HAVE CHANCE SO I AM FORCE TO GET AN ASSAULT RIFLE TO EVEN MY CHANCES AND THERE WE GO! AN ARMED COLD STARTS WHERE WE HAVE TO KEEP UP THE BAD GUY TECHNOLOGY TO PROTECT OURSELVES! THE POLICE DON'T LIKE THIS A BIT!!!!
voteearlyvoteoft en

Virginia Beach, VA

#9 Jul 22, 2012
so how can a regular citizen armed with a gun take down a machine gun or automatic firing assault rifle like the AR-50?
Your ignorance is amazing!

AOL

#10 Jul 22, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention fruitcake!!! Try to regurgitate something new not the same old meaningless dead horse sht that some self-serving turd like brian ross pooped in your head. I mean if you are that stupid I just cannot see how you could be trusted with a car much less a gun. After all, you could drive your car through a long line of people waiting to see a movie.
Perhaps you should stop pleasing self-serving scumbags who politicize a tragedy committed by a deranged individual. Law abiding gun owners do not appreciate being thrown in with james holmes anymore that you would like to be thrown in with someone who used their car to commit murder.
Meat popsicle go tell that to the victims of the Aurora! Those people were on the street making lines waiting for a deranged vehicle! We all know that streets are dangerous but now we have to list college campuses, public buildings, and don't be surprised if churches are listed too!
When you live in dangerous environment, you don't add more danger to a dangerous situation. Having the citizenry carry concealed weapons (that may include assault rifles) doesn't reduce the risk of getting killed even the police also worries about taking down a well armed individual.
I must carry an AR-50 or perhaps an AS-50 (if the British allow me) in order to keep up with the Holmes so I can even my chances. A cold war in weaponary will start!

AOL

#11 Jul 22, 2012
voteearlyvoteoften wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is amazing!
An assault rifle has more accuracy and better grouping than a freaking hand gun and those rifle can shoot more bullets per second (at 1,500 ft/sec) than a stupid gun.
Do you want to prove me wrong? We can go to Aurora, you with a gun and me with a AR-50 and let's shoot each other?
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#12 Jul 22, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
Start here.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 22, 2012
All I know is that if every person in that movie theater had a gun, a shootout and more victims will had occured!
A theater is dark and sound echoes everywhere so shooters will think that shots came from different directions and they may shoot back at the wrong people who are probably defending themselves from a camouflage shooter (dressed in black with protective equipment).
Colorado you failed and you will pay again! Fix your problem. Don't expect symphaty from me!
Attention fruitcake!!! You bozo have proved yourself to be as dumb as a box of rocks...so you know nothing but your agenda based speculation.
The perp was not stopped because no one had the means to stop him so they were unarmed sittings ducks with lost opportunities to return fire.
I doubt if anyone there even had a pocket knife. For you to proclaim that more people would die if the audience was armed is ridiculous especially in the case of Colorado. The bottom line, guns are used everyday across America to save lives and defend property.
Only a lowlife like james holmes would think to deny their fellow citizens their Constitutional Rights. And only a lowlife like you would think to deny their fellow citizens their right to defend their Constitutional Rights.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#14 Jul 22, 2012
voteearlyvoteoften please do it. Please accept the invitation to Aurora and deal with this moron. You will be reimbursed for the cost of gas.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#15 Jul 22, 2012
<quoted text>
An assault rifle has more accuracy and better grouping than a freaking hand gun and those rifle can shoot more bullets per second (at 1,500 ft/sec) than a stupid gun.
Do you want to prove me wrong? We can go to Aurora, you with a gun and me with a AR-50 and let's shoot each other?
Do you even realize that in an earlier comment you referred to guns as if they were sentient and able to enter into a shoot out with a real person? You anti-gun nuts are like superstitious tribal people afraid of inanimate objects all the while the tens of millions of gun owners in the country don't harm anyone.

It's a serious mental problem called indoctrination.

AOL

#16 Jul 22, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention fruitcake!!! You bozo have proved yourself to be as dumb as a box of rocks...so you know nothing but your agenda based speculation.
The perp was not stopped because no one had the means to stop him so they were unarmed sittings ducks with lost opportunities to return fire.
I doubt if anyone there even had a pocket knife. For you to proclaim that more people would die if the audience was armed is ridiculous especially in the case of Colorado. The bottom line, guns are used everyday across America to save lives and defend property.
Only a lowlife like james holmes would think to deny their fellow citizens their Constitutional Rights. And only a lowlife like you would think to deny their fellow citizens their right to defend their Constitutional Rights.
When you move to the US, then talk about the US! OK? Guns are used by organized group of people to carry their objectives: Gangs, Police, vigilante (Zimmerman), etc.
Just check out Cleveland, Atlanta, Memphis, Gary, Trenton, Buffalo, etc. and you will see two to three people killed by guns every two to three days!

Since: Dec 07

Flint, TX

#17 Jul 22, 2012
Ex-GOP Con wrote:
<quoted text>
People died and you are asking the government for a job???? WTF?!?!
We had another month of job growth and 92% of the workforce is employed. If you want a job, GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET ONE, like every other hard working American. Man up and stop asking the government for a handout!
Another month of job growth? Where? Near Bakersfield where their drilling again!! LMAO

After months of declining job growth, May's jobs report proved to be the worst in months. Only 69,000 jobs were added during the month, and the unemployment rate increased to 8.2 percent, hardly the direction President Obama had hoped for.

Much of the unemployment went to such numbers during the Obama Administration and have stayed there. The trillion dollars of new money he printed and even the bailouts created obstacles to recovery and so we limp along like this. Recovery again has stumbled because of oil prices which came about after Obama invaded Libya (who is a major supplier to the US via BP), and he has destabilized the Middle East. OBama has been unable to cope with the economy because he can not separate politics from the economy and they do not work well together.

Nothing nobama is doing for job growth, peanut. Why don't you man up and come up with some other crap rather than post the same bullshit forum after forum.
Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

#18 Jul 22, 2012
Everytime some lunatic does something like this some people will exploit the incident for their own ends to ban law abiding citizens from defending themselves. I live near Philly and I would never consider going into the city unless armed. Too many flash mobs and gang assaults. I refuse to be a victim!

AOL

#19 Jul 22, 2012
To All:

The premises behind the "right to bear arms" not longer exists!
In the 1780's, it was put in place to prevent European monarchies from reconquering their loss possesions! It was not put their because of violence or personal security!
George Washington had to use the Continental army to put down the whiskey rebellion in 1793 so that they pay the alcohol tax approved by Congress and those distillers had rifles and gun but the Army was sufficient to stop them.
Today, we are no longer threatened by foreign invasion. We have nuclear missiles that take care of that problem. So now we are going to turn against each other (due to hate, racism, intolerance, poverty, greed, etc.) and efficiently kill each other thanks to automatic weapons! That is not the purpose of the Constitution!
Let's not have a police force (fire them all) and let the regular citizenry defend itself.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 22, 2012
<quoted text>
Attention handgun vs rifle fruitcake!!! You play james holmes and I'll be an armed member of the audience. Your chance of hitting the armed member of an audience full of people is an unknown whereas my chances of capping you are 100%. You'll hear only your weapon and you'll be following it's muzzle direction...while you're off I'll be on you like stink on sht. That's around 17 rounds headed your way with another clip coming you sht for brains.
Obviously james holmes calculated the possibilities of an armed citizen in a midnight Batman movie? ZERO. Now you gun grabbing a-wipe, GFY.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 256
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Millbrae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min DebraE 55,095
The Church 6 min jack 9
Jesus is lord (Jan '13) 1 hr jack 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr papersup 15,971
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr spotters 200,620
IRS Announces the 2014 Foreign Earned Income Ex... 2 hr Tmcarden 1
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr plastic bins 5,018
•••

Millbrae News Video

•••
Millbrae Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Millbrae Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••