2 found dead in Mifflin County trailer fire called suspicious

Full story: The York Daily Record

The bodies of a man and woman were found after a mobile home fire in Mifflin County--and authorities are calling the blaze suspicious.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of48
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 7, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

West Side Homie wrote:
Hi, long time viewer, first time poster. I regularly read the topix forums for several cities in the Central PA area and finally had to take the time to write a post. I know it has been said several times before, but could JunkE just the heck up? No matter what the subject, this user always seems to have to put in something. Your messages are 99.9% pointless, offer nothing and are a waste.
I am glad JunkE does post the things that he does, I don't usually agree on a lot of the stuff, like drug use, but I have not yet seen anything that he posted about events not to be true. It sometimes take the Media awhile to catch up. For instance, go to the THREE ARRESTED FOR DRUGS thread and you will see that we lost another young person. The obituary was in todays paper. If you know anything about Lewistown, you would know that from 2003 until the end of 2006 we had nearly 30 deaths of young people,and now from that point, to now, we have not had a lot "which is good" , but is it because the drug situation is getting better, or is it because of the reporting now. You would not know about the deaths of Anna Nicole , her son Daniel, or Keith Ledger, if it wasn't for the media. So what I am saying is, if it wasn't for JunkE posting things that he hears to be true , we will never know how bad the problems with drugs are here in Lewistown. I would not be able to tell you we had nearly 30 deaths of young people here in Mifflin County. It seems like they want to hide the numbers. Remember some of the posts saying they want to makes things look better than they really are. And I still can't figure out why anyone would want the case of the homicides in the fire to be kept quiet. Investigators need information, They will decide what is true and what is not . Thanks JunkE.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 7, 2008
 
I think the majority of the problem isn't the media failing to report it but rather the police failing to provide reports to the media. Its interesting that every time there is a drug bust the reports are given to the media instantly but overdoses, etc. are not anymore.

When heroin first started claiming lives here years ago, every OD was in the paper. I think I've said it before here but a few EMT's and ER nurses have said that the amount of OD's has not dropped at all, just the reporting of it has.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 7, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

After I posted the last comment here ,I went to check the Wgal news website. I don't know if it is just the difference in areas or what the problem is, Here, in Mifflin County, it seems to me that the family of at least one of the homicide victims, would rather this case gets quiet, but then when I went to that news station there is a family that is concerned that it has been months and no arrest of one of their family members. Lopaz, was his name and you can see the rest of the information at that website. Should Lewistown have that much of a culture difference that we except the fact that our friends are going and not coming back ,so just don't bring it up.One family that wants information and thinks the case should stay alive and another family that thinks keep it quiet that the justice system will work. You may think with the speed of information,like TV and the internet has us spoiled, that the information should come faster like it does on TV, people are still patient for justice to a point, but what is that point?
Brothers4Ever

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 7, 2008
 
Lewistown Resident, I really hope that you are not implying that I am the member that wants to see things kept quiet. I can guarantee you that everyone in my family wants to see justice served. If you know Lewistown as well as you say, then you will know that there is a bunch of people that love to gossip and run their mouths. I am not saying JunkE doesn't provide good information on other postings, just wanted him to be respectful because it is my brother he is talking about. If anyone does have any good information that they feel they can give investigators, then they can provide that at www.murdersinlewistown.com . I think you will see that my family is doing everything we can if you visit that.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 7, 2008
 
Not sure which side you were referring to, but I know Jason's family for sure is not trying to keep this quiet, they even started a website ( http://www.murdersinlewistown.com/ ) to provide updates and ask for tips to help solving the case.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 7, 2008
 
Brothers4Ever wrote:
Lewistown Resident, I really hope that you are not implying that I am the member that wants to see things kept quiet. I can guarantee you that everyone in my family wants to see justice served. If you know Lewistown as well as you say, then you will know that there is a bunch of people that love to gossip and run their mouths. I am not saying JunkE doesn't provide good information on other postings, just wanted him to be respectful because it is my brother he is talking about. If anyone does have any good information that they feel they can give investigators, then they can provide that at www.murdersinlewistown.com . I think you will see that my family is doing everything we can if you visit that.
Looks like I cross-posted the same thing. Again, no disrespect was ever intended to you or any members of you or Sherry's family. It was a horrible tragedy and by no means was I attempting to play the incident down or make light of it.
J-PA

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Lewistown Resident wrote:
Here, in Mifflin County, it seems to me that the family of at least one of the homicide victims, would rather this case gets quiet
You obviously don't know the family of either of the victims. I can assure you neither side wants this to be quiet. People like you really urinate me off with your accusations and assumptions of people you don't know. The majority of your comments are based on small town gossip and rumors from invidividuals who have no clue what is really going on.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 8, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

If you University kids are going to sit there like buzzards ready to attack anyone that post on this board ,why would anyone post anything of value here. You attacked Lovey on another board, when it seemed like he knew both of the victims, Then you attacked JunkE, just because he posted on this board , accused him of disrespect,and stiring up stuff, and now you attack me for not knowing any of the victims.You don't know that,but you need to keep in mind that when we were born ,we started leaving tracks until we pass from this earth. It is those tracks that give you memories of them victims. However them same tracks are what may help find out what happened to these two people. So when people give their opinion on how they knew any of the victims, they are not being disrepectful, trying to start rumors,or talking about the victims , only those tracks they left. They are just trying to be helpful. This is the reason for thinking one side wants it to be quiet. How could I think any different, if you look ,just as soon as you start "putting the gloves on" the messages stop because they don't want to offend or be disrespectful to the family. You figure it out. People do feel sorry for your loss.
J-PA

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 8, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

1

I don't know what posts you are referring to on "another board", but there you go assuming things again.

Just because something shows up as University Park doesn't make them a "University kid". Not to mention how easy it is to impersonate other people on this board.

Don't give me a lecture on "tracks until we pass". Not you or anybody else will EVER contribute anything in this forum that helps find out what happened to these victims. LOL, you sitting at a computer chatting is really being helpful.

"A"rmy "O"f "L"osers led by General Lewistown Resident
Diva

Woodland, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 11, 2008
 
The police are working on the case. I really don't think that justice will ever be served. What would justice be - the death penalty, life in prison. The only justice I see would be spending eternity in hell. Both victims have parents, siblings, and children. How many people are hurting because of this maniac(s)? And then - there are the people who almost seem to blame the victims for their own murders. Both victims were wonderful, loving people. What could ever be worse then a brother burying a brother, a sister burying a sister, a child burying a parent - and especially a parent burying a child. This is not CSI - this is real life.
Brothers 4ever

College Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 11, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Diva wrote:
The police are working on the case. I really don't think that justice will ever be served. What would justice be - the death penalty, life in prison. The only justice I see would be spending eternity in hell. Both victims have parents, siblings, and children. How many people are hurting because of this maniac(s)? And then - there are the people who almost seem to blame the victims for their own murders. Both victims were wonderful, loving people. What could ever be worse then a brother burying a brother, a sister burying a sister, a child burying a parent - and especially a parent burying a child. This is not CSI - this is real life.
God bless you Diva....I couldn't have said it any better myself. This is the most tragic event that has happened in my life and to know it is because of some sick, psycho that is still out there makes it even worse. Complete justice may never be served until the person is spending eternity in hell, but I am looking forward to the day that this person truly begins to suffer and pay for what they did.
Losertown Moron County

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 12, 2008
 
With Jugge Searer in office for all these years and Steve (Snowflake) Snook as D.A., yeah, Lowsertown, Dumbsylvania, Moron County is the perfect place to pull off a murder! No one has a fair trial here anyway!
Legalize marijuana for a greener tomorrow!
Nadafada

Hollidaysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 23, 2008
 
I can honestly say I know that Lewistown state police are doing everything in their power to bring justice to the families of the deceased.
JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing as soon as I heard the richfield case was solved already. I guess there can be other reasons for why cases are solved or not but it sure makes Mifflin County look bad when it takes us so long to bring charges in a murder case (if even at all) when nearby counties wrap them up in days.
Nadafada

Hollidaysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 23, 2008
 
I can honestly say that Lewistown State Police are doing everything in their power to bring justice to the family of the deceased. May god be with them all!

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 23, 2008
 
Nadafada wrote:
I can honestly say I know that Lewistown state police are doing everything in their power to bring justice to the families of the deceased.
<quoted text>
Well, I hope justice is served some day.
gone but NEVER forgotten

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 29, 2008
 
I am Sherry's sister and I have not posted anything because of all the gossip and bull that has been taking place at this site . As a matter of fact, I haven't even checked this site for months, but after reading what I read tonight, I think I need to speak up!! Anyone who knows anything about the case that would even be a tiny bit helpful surely wouldn't be posting it on a site like this. They would be talking to the State Police, who are working on this case daily. I'm so sick of people saying that Jason's family is to blame or Sherry's family is to blame or even Jason and Sherry's actions are to blame. You obvisously don't know what it is like for a family member to loose a HUGE part of their life and then have to deal with this crap! and yes....it is crap! I don't have to defend my family for their actions or anything else that has taken place since this terrible thing happened. Why would a family ever want the murder of their sister, mother, daughter, brother, father, son kept quiet. That is just totally stupid and so is the person that posted it! Yes, I am defensive, I have been waiting for over 7 months to get justice served for Sherry and Jason and scum like SOME people on this site have to create gossip that isn't even remotely true. Who ever did this will be caught, it may take time, but justice will be served! Please keep your gossip and ignorant comments to yourselves. Our families have been hurt enough. If you really want to help, call the police with your HELPFUL information. If I offended anyone by posting this, NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!
Nadafada

Hollidaysburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jul 3, 2008
 
I second everything...!!! If anyone knows anything please contact Lewistown State police. After everything our family has gone thru...if you know anything, you would help us.
Diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 10, 2008
 
It is time for this case to receive some publicity. Cases less newsworthy than this receive national coverage. In murder cases, the most important evidence is found within 72 hours after the crime is committed.

Sherry's and Jason's families need to know that Sherry and Jason have not been forgotten. And yes, it is devastatingly sad that Sherry and Jason have almost been blamed for their own murders. "Judge not lest you be juged." People repeatedly say that Sherry and Jason are in a better place. At this time, their place is here with their children and family. Their deaths are grossly premature. Please refrain from the nasty innuendos as others have not walked in Sherry's or Jason's shoes.
Julia Specht

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Nov 25, 2008
 
Jason i miss you so much, ive cried a million tears over your death, My life will never be the same,May God be with you and your family I know today is very hard for everyone, there is not a day that goes bye i do not think of you, I will always cherish you in my heart forever .......
Mikewheels312

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Dec 7, 2008
 
I know the mother of one of the victims of this terrible crime. And she is going through hell trying to find out any information on this case. She thinks she knows who committed the crime, but the Mifflin County Regional Police Department won't arrest the man. Because he was at teh dedication of a billboard about the case, RIGHT UNDER THE POLICE DEPARTMENT'S NOSES.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of48
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mifflintown Discussions

Search the Mifflintown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 31 min G Bush 51,332
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr coffeebagger 3,518
Mexican restaurant to open in Burnham (May '13) Apr 17 haters 3
Bing's Diner (Aug '08) Apr 9 Dee 4
Three are arrested on drug charges: Men are pic... (Feb '08) Apr 5 Velvet MJK 836
Lewistown Sentinel - Worst Newspaper In the World (Aug '08) Apr 4 Outsidethebox 1,030
Who wants a new DA in Mifflin County? I think i... (Apr '11) Mar 30 check facts 175
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mifflintown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mifflintown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••