any one know johnny dacus?

Posted in the Middlesborough Forum

overton

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Oct 7, 2010
any one know johnny dacus?
name rings a bell

Harrogate, TN

#2 Oct 13, 2010
I'm not sure if it would be the same guy, the one I knew of was from Tn.
overton

Middlesboro, KY

#3 Oct 15, 2010
i thank he was from tenn.he was ann old army buddy
sorry

Harrogate, TN

#4 Nov 29, 2010
overton wrote:
i thank he was from tenn.he was ann old army buddy
I think he has passed.
CriminalJusticeM ajor

Morristown, TN

#5 Dec 4, 2010
overton wrote:
any one know johnny dacus?
I knew a Johnny Dacus. He was a fiddle player, a great fiddle player.
CPatton

Holland, OH

#6 Mar 18, 2012
CriminalJusticeMajor wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew a Johnny Dacus. He was a fiddle player, a great fiddle player.
Is he still alive, and where is he?
Troy from Indiana

Jeffersonville, IN

#7 Apr 21, 2012
He was my grandma's brother and he's been gone for a number of years now. Apparently, he was a fine fiddle player who was quite accomplished. I think he cut an album or two and can be heard playing on Walter Hensley's Train 45.
tojo in

Kokomo, IN

#8 Jan 6, 2013
johnny dacus from cumberland gap tn played fiddle,guiter,mandolin player for jimmy martin,osborne brothers,charlie moore,doyle neikirk was a cousin johnny can be seen on youtube with jimmy martin when the savior reache down his hand for me johnny had two record johnny mule,tn mountain fiddle old homestead record brighton mi.
Dennis Barbourville ky

Barbourville, KY

#9 Jun 12, 2013
I played with John back in the 60s with the Gibson Brothers in cin oh Great Fiddle Player and great showman on stage and a good fighter We all loved John Died about 15 year ago He is on a cd with Don Reno and Charlie Moore
dennis

London, KY

#10 Jun 14, 2013
tojo in wrote:
johnny dacus from cumberland gap tn played fiddle,guiter,mandolin player for jimmy martin,osborne brothers,charlie moore,doyle neikirk was a cousin johnny can be seen on youtube with jimmy martin when the savior reache down his hand for me johnny had two record johnny mule,tn mountain fiddle old homestead record brighton mi.
did you play music with dacus?
dennis

London, KY

#11 Jun 14, 2013
I would to hear from anyone who played music with John Harmon Dacus. He sure helped me one night in a fight in the Ken Mill in Cin. George Jones, bass player, told me about a fight he had with him in Florida. He treated me like a brother.
anna marie dacus

Richmond, KY

#12 Jun 30, 2013
john dacus is my father he passed in april 1995 hes in harrogate tn cemetry u are right he is from cumberland gap tn he has many recordings with various artist he was very gifted man and could play anything he picked up but a banjo he was 62 when he passed of lung cancer they still play his music on middlesboros radio stations the bluegrass hour.i miss him and my mother they where good parents please feel free to write back i will answer any question u may have i am also looking for my brother he had by another woman he is in ky somewhere
molindasue

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jan 4, 2014
anna marie dacus wrote:
john dacus is my father he passed in april 1995 hes in harrogate tn cemetry u are right he is from cumberland gap tn he has many recordings with various artist he was very gifted man and could play anything he picked up but a banjo he was 62 when he passed of lung cancer they still play his music on middlesboros radio stations the bluegrass hour.i miss him and my mother they where good parents please feel free to write back i will answer any question u may have i am also looking for my brother he had by another woman he is in ky somewhere
I met him in Virginia at with Kenny Ayers. We were friends and played music together there, in Middlesboro and in Harrogate I was so sad to hear he died.
molindasue

Alexandria, VA

#14 Jan 4, 2014
I met him in Virginia at with Kenny Ayers. We were friends and played music together there, in Middlesboro and in Harrogate I was so sad to hear he died.
Sincey

Pikeville, KY

#15 Feb 21, 2014
Are there any videos of him on his own?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesborough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Judge Executive Job - who deserves it 1 hr SHAMEFUL 10
Gilliam and Brock - Need to be replaced 1 hr we know 7
Prostitutes in the Boro??? (Sep '11) 1 hr anyonewilldo 36
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Quantummist 131,467
If you are pro-life can you vote for a Democrat? 4 hr Pineville 21
Hendrickson for judge debate 5 hr Bunk Buddy 40
A vote for democrats in local elections is a vo... 5 hr American 2
Middlesborough Dating
Find my Match

Middlesborough Jobs

Middlesborough People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Middlesborough News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Middlesborough

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]