Beware of Internet Puppy Scam

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Ken Amaro First Coast News JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Puppies are cute, adorable and bait in the latest Internet scam. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#45 Feb 4, 2009
River Valley Kennel wrote:
<quoted text>
This person has gone all over the internet posting lies because I would not sell them a puppy fo a christmas present. Turns out they are PETA freaks and slam honest people with lies. This posting is by Jan Stringer West or her husband Ken West who sent me a classic Nigerian Scammer email and I blew her off. Try calling me and see if I am a real person. My number is on all our advertising and our website. When I demanded a telephone converstaion with this person and the same day started this garbage. Too bad there are websites and forums like this one that allow people to post lies about a legitimate person/business.
dont worry about it, from what I saw of your site it looked legit, quite frankly if I can not go to a house and view the pup on site with mum and dad, then I would not even think about buying one from anyone.

This whole thread did start over the internet scams which again looks like yours is not.
Scammed by Jan West too

United States

#46 Feb 6, 2009
I was not so much surprised to see that Jan Stringer West scammer extraordinaire, got someone besides me. I looked around the internet like the above guy said and she got him pretty good, so I emailed him acting like a buyer -SORRY DUDE. He was pretty professional about everything. He was very concerned about where his puppies were going and told me that if I had any further interest that we needed to have a telephone conversation. Sounds like Jan stringer West and her husband Ken West are liars as well as scammers. Good luck River Valley. It's too bad this place let those cheaters do this to you.!!!!
River Valley Kennel

United States

#47 Feb 10, 2009
what on earth wrote:
<quoted text>
dont worry about it, from what I saw of your site it looked legit, quite frankly if I can not go to a house and view the pup on site with mum and dad, then I would not even think about buying one from anyone.
This whole thread did start over the internet scams which again looks like yours is not.
I don't understand why a site like this allows people to slander another w/out justification. I got a bad feeling about these people from the git-go and refused to sell a puppy. Now there are 3 websites that they claim I scammed them on when I NEVER even gave them the option of getting a pup from me. Then to claim I scammed a "friend"? How stupid was that to write down? If a "friend" had been scammed, why contact me at all? You know, you try to do things right - sell on spay/neuter agreements; keep the prices down; breed a female once a year and not before 2 years of age; keep my retired dogs; We don't "mill" them out; I give a five year health guarantee; vet checks and the list goes on. Yet one moron who got its feelings hurt can go around the internet posting lies to try to ruin MY business. IMHO - TOPIX stinks for letting those posts stand. And Jan Stringer West PHD and her simple minded husband Dr. Ken West can rot in HADES.

“one foot over the line”

Since: Jul 07

cans a sh!tty m!ssery

#48 Feb 11, 2009
Slandered wrote:
Talk about your scams!!!! This website is a scam. They want to charge 20 bucks to expedite a review of a slanderous posting. Too bad because it makes their whole operation less legitimate.
I noticed that too one day... I thought it strange myself...
Been Cought

Benoni, South Africa

#50 Dec 6, 2010
I think that i have been scammed too just with a pikenese puppy From Cameroon i have been told the the courier fees is R1900 so the lady paid R1000 luckily i have not paid anything yet, She wanted me to pay the R900 but i said that i don't have it so she transfered it into my account and now i have to pay it back today to her PA's account so he can go and pay the couriers before the puppy can me flown to SA. So i have closed my bank account now just in case. I will pay the R900 into the Pa's account i have nothing to loose it is not my money i will be loosing, And if i do get the puppy good if not it is a learning curve.
If Only

Rutland, VT

#51 Feb 16, 2011
Rec'd this email with attached picture of three adorable bulldog puppies. I played along and got an email from Puppy Post International confirming but I needed to western union $200.00. They even called my cell asking for me to hurry up and pay since they had my puppy. 6 hr flight from Africa. hmmmmm.

I wish to confirm from you if you will be able to give all 3 a good home and if not, you could let me know which of them you are taking so I can go do the registration with the courier company. They only require me to get the following information from you so I do the registration for them to courier up right to same address. So please i will need your address as follow for the registration:
your full names
Full address
Contact numbers (and home phone)
City/state/province
postal code
closet airport to your home
They do home delivery and will deliver the babies to you right to your door step. So as soon as you can mail me with the above information exact as requested so I can go do the registration, I will go to the courier company with the babies to do the registration so they can be couriered over to you.
SCAMMED

San Ramon, CA

#52 Apr 17, 2011
I looked at the web site RiverValleyPups.net and I came across this beautiful male Cavalier King Charles named Prince. I contacted the web site and a woman who calls herself Aris called me back. We spoke for a few days and shared pictures. I sent her a payment through pay pal and she delivered Prince to me. When I got him he did not appear to be the dog in the picture's. The Dog that was delivered to me was so underweight you could feel every bone in his little body and he desperately needed a bath. This poor Dog could not hold down food or water he just kept vomiting. He had cuts on his ears from where she had cut his knots out before she dropped him off to me. She was obviously trying to band-aid him to take my money! She claims he is supposed to be 2yrs old but he did not even have the strength to jump on my couch. After watching him for a day I immediately started calling and emailing this woman who sold me the dog, and when she would respond she had excuse after excuse. She had no remorse for the dog or my family. I refused to let this go so after going back and fourth with her for a few days she requested that I sell him to someone else she found that was interested in buying him! Can you believe that? This woman is sick, and should never be allowed near animals again! I have now had this dog for 9 days and I am pursuing charges against her, my hope is to shut her down so she cannot harm another animal or family again! I took the dog to our vet and he has over $1,000 in medical problems from double ear infections, to low heart rate! The Vet said he had so much scarring in his ears that he could barely see in there......The woman who sold me this dog is the same woman in the pictures on the RiverValleyPups web site. This woman is a FRAUD and she should be stopped! I believe she is running a puppy Mill. She has no heart for what she did to this poor Dog! I believe she kept him tied up or locked in a crate and strictly used him as a Stud because he had no muscle mass to even hold his body up. He also would not lick, it was like he had never felt human touch. Every time you went to pet him he would flinch and he was so scared. He is now showing so much progress in the 9 days we have had him.....he is starting to run and play the way a dog should! We love him, and we hope that we can save him but we will know more once all his tests are done. In the mean time you should all stay away from this web site and this woman, I paid $550.00 for this dog and as as my whole schedule changes to take care of what she did, she is happily spending my money!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game! (Jan '10) 19 hr Analog man 29
Google --- neo-Stalinist pimps: Worth the read Thu noshellswill 1
Heh Bytch Obama.nation ... secure USA borders ... Wed noshellswill 1
Iron Order mc Oct 22 lilshorty 42
Obama.nation ... Bantu scum Oct 21 noshellswill 1
After hit-and-run, neighbors sound alarm about ... Sep '14 351debbie 1
Wife Sharing (Aug '13) Aug '14 biggunforu 4
Middleburg Dating
Find my Match

Middleburg Jobs