Annual Superman Celebration under way in Metropolis

Jun 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Hattiesburg American

Josh Boultinghouse, the official superman of the Superman Celebration, welcomes visitors to Metropolis, Ill., during the opening ceremony of the 2012 celebration Thursday.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2012
nice

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Thanks city of metropois for having such a nice event. I will come back.
Duh

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

Im sure you thought it was very nice are you mental handicap by chance....the town smells like wet trash and it was super doody
lol

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

It smells like that cause rednecks like you won't shower and use deodorant
Super Tank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

Judged:

LMFAO! 10's of thousands of people expected? maybe half that amount showed up this year. The absolute worse year yet in my opinion despite the smokescreen put forth by the committee members and the Mayor that it was a great turnout. The costume contest was the shortest one I have ever seen. About 16 vendor spots were empty despite Chamber Of Commerce saying that they sold out every single vendor spot! Wake up dear old Metropolis your Stupidman Celebration is tanking! Do you spokespersons really think that people don't see straight through your pathetic lies? Super pathetic indeed!
Yep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Super Tank wrote:
LMFAO! 10's of thousands of people expected? maybe half that amount showed up this year. The absolute worse year yet in my opinion despite the smokescreen put forth by the committee members and the Mayor that it was a great turnout. The costume contest was the shortest one I have ever seen. About 16 vendor spots were empty despite Chamber Of Commerce saying that they sold out every single vendor spot! Wake up dear old Metropolis your Stupidman Celebration is tanking! Do you spokespersons really think that people don't see straight through your pathetic lies? Super pathetic indeed!
Very well said! This year was most disappointing indeed. I have been attending these things for 15 years now and this was by far the worst year ever. The Chamber needs to really step up their A game if they want this event to continue to flourish. They have a huge expectation for next year being the 75th birthday of Superman and the 35th year of the celebration. It better be huge!! The person who disagreed with you obviously has their head buried in the sand. Just like you I am not buying the hype of how great this year's celebration was. It doesn't take a genius to see the real truth of this lackluster year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Metropolis Forum right now

Search the Metropolis Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WKRO 1490 is off the air but we are always on 2 hr radio around here sucks 3
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
Mary Harrison 6 hr loser 8
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr Religionthebiglie 48,888
city pool 10 hr wow 10
any easy women at southgate 13 hr former employee 3
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 16 hr KrisChristie 1,856
•••
•••
•••
•••

Metropolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••